Windows 10: I have a windows 11 laptop with a 1 TB HDD in it. I decided I want to upgrade it and add an...

Discus and support I have a windows 11 laptop with a 1 TB HDD in it. I decided I want to upgrade it and add an... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; How can I actually transfer windows onto the new SSD? I thought about reinstalling windows but as the windows came pre-installed onto my laptop i worry... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Nightingale12, Aug 15, 2022.

1. I have a windows 11 laptop with a 1 TB HDD in it. I decided I want to upgrade it and add an...

How can I actually transfer windows onto the new SSD? I thought about reinstalling windows but as the windows came pre-installed onto my laptop i worry that I would lose my license. I am also okay with resetting my windows but i don't want to reinstall it.

:)

Nightingale12, Aug 15, 2022
  2. Phusius Win User

How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

Thanks everyone, much appreciated. Giving this a shot now. I already try converting to GPT once already and it worked, but still only showed 2 TB, however, the steps listed your link Newteki have a few added steps I did not do. Also, I decided to go with Windows 8 Pro since Windows 7 was giving me so much trouble with this issue, yet it still gave me the same problems of only showing 2 TB then a separate 700ish GB drive.

Here goes nothing, thanks all, will be reporting back soon, hozzah!

Phusius, Aug 15, 2022
  3. How do I get Windows 7 to install on a full 3 TB HDD?

You may could divide into two partitions 1.5GB a piece and that would be easier.

brandonwh64, Aug 15, 2022
  4. brian1179 Win User

I have a windows 11 laptop with a 1 TB HDD in it. I decided I want to upgrade it and add an...

partitioning 2 TB Hdd

the last question i posted should be ignored, i mean to partition a 2 TB Hdd into 1 TB each but Windows 10 will not let me, why not

brian1179, Aug 15, 2022
Thema:

I have a windows 11 laptop with a 1 TB HDD in it. I decided I want to upgrade it and add an...

1. I have a windows 11 laptop with a 1 TB HDD in it. I decided I want to upgrade it and add an... - Similar Threads - laptop HDD decided

2. I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...: I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it change to PRO by just changing the product keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11-home-but-i/7e3114df-10b8-465d-91a4-29475d434cd2
  3. I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it...: I have a new laptop with windows 11 home but i want to upgrade it to PRO version. Will it change to PRO by just changing the product keys? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-new-laptop-with-windows-11-home-but-i/7e3114df-10b8-465d-91a4-29475d434cd2
  4. I want to upgrade to windows 11 but I have 8, how do I upgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade to windows 11 but I have 8, how do I upgrade?: Late to the game and need to upgrade my desktop to most recent version of windows, which I believe is 11 - how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-to-windows-11-but-i-have-8-how/687435e5-49b4-4de5-9740-f9cb72f3d6b7
  5. I want to upgrade to windows 11 but I have 8, how do I upgrade?

I want to upgrade to windows 11 but I have 8, how do I upgrade?: Late to the game and need to upgrade my desktop to most recent version of windows, which I believe is 11 - how do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-to-windows-11-but-i-have-8-how/687435e5-49b4-4de5-9740-f9cb72f3d6b7
  6. I have a windows 11 laptop with a 1 TB HDD in it. I decided I want to upgrade it and add an...

I have a windows 11 laptop with a 1 TB HDD in it. I decided I want to upgrade it and add an...: How can I actually transfer windows onto the new SSD? I thought about reinstalling windows but as the windows came pre-installed onto my laptop i worry that I would lose my license. I am also okay with resetting my windows but i don't want to reinstall it....
  7. I want to upgrade to Windows 11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to upgrade to Windows 11.: Hello.I ran the PC health check by Microsoft to see if my system fits the requirements for an upgrade. It does. But I need to enable secure boot. The problem is that when I do that. My CSM support disables itself and I am unable to boot into my Windows and keep ending up on...
  8. I want to upgrade to Windows 11.

I want to upgrade to Windows 11.: Hello.I ran the PC health check by Microsoft to see if my system fits the requirements for an upgrade. It does. But I need to enable secure boot. The problem is that when I do that. My CSM support disables itself and I am unable to boot into my Windows and keep ending up on...
  9. Trying to upgrade OS from 1 tb HDD to 2 tb SSD.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Trying to upgrade OS from 1 tb HDD to 2 tb SSD.: So I'm trying to upgrade my brother's laptop. We got him a RAM and SSD upgrade, but haven't been able to clone the original HDD correctly. Any recommendations for a preferred method? I have a standard docking station and a Dual bay hard drive docking station with a cloning...
  10. 1 TB HDD in HDD caddy is not recognized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    1 TB HDD in HDD caddy is not recognized: Hello folks, Just to speed up the aging laptop (Acer Aspire 5740), I replaced HDD with SSD and in the process of replacing the optical drive with the old HDD in HDD caddy. I have been trying to figure out what's wrong all weekend. The HDD works flawlessly. If I put the HDD...