Windows 10: I have a windows 7 ultimate product key, i heard i can use it to upgrade to windows 10 pro...

Discus and support I have a windows 7 ultimate product key, i heard i can use it to upgrade to windows 10 pro... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; When i put this product key in my pc having windows 10 home OEM edition, when i put my retail windows 7 ultimate product key it shows a message that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Divyajyotpuhan, Mar 25, 2021.

1. I have a windows 7 ultimate product key, i heard i can use it to upgrade to windows 10 pro...

When i put this product key in my pc having windows 10 home OEM edition, when i put my retail windows 7 ultimate product key it shows a message that activation successful but doesn't prompt me to upgrade to windows 10 pro ?

Early reply will be appreciable.

:)

Divyajyotpuhan, Mar 25, 2021

2. Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

No - Typically as far as I know, a Windows 7 Ultimate key will unlock Windows 7 Ultimate.

The thing is basically what is on the INSTALLATION disc is usually exactly the same no matter what version you buy, ALL the potential content is already on the disc, and it is the Product Key itself that tells the installer what options to install/how to install them, so that you land up with your specific product.

Take an Ultimate DVD, install , but enter a windows Home key, and you will most likely get a Home install.

... or am I 'trippin? Pro's weigh in?

BazookaJoe, Mar 25, 2021
  3. puma99dk| Win User
    Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

no TRWOV u can't use Ultimate key on Pro but u can download a free Windows 7, if that's the problem.

Windows 7 SP1 ISO from Microsoft's Official Distributer:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit

puma99dk|, Mar 25, 2021
  4. scope54 Win User

I have a windows 7 ultimate product key, i heard i can use it to upgrade to windows 10 pro...

Will a Windows 7 Ultimate key activate Windows 7 Pro?

I've tried the opposite, was installing Win7 on a friends comp, my copy of win 7 (home premium) and his key (pro). When I entered the key, it gave me an error regarding versions. Skipping the initial key input also lead to a version error thing when Windows booted up. One big thing I noticed when I did that was it didn't let you choose the version to install if you skipped the key input. In short Vista lets you use whatever disc to install, 7 doesn't.

scope54, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

I have a windows 7 ultimate product key, i heard i can use it to upgrade to windows 10 pro...

1. I have a windows 7 ultimate product key, i heard i can use it to upgrade to windows 10 pro... - Similar Threads - ultimate product key

2. how can i get product key on windows 7 Ultimate.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i get product key on windows 7 Ultimate.: I AM RAHULHellow , i dont know that how to get product key for Windows 7 Ultimate plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-product-key-on-windows-7-ultimate/7fc5fd36-3c25-42fb-bc9b-6cdbc202ac95
  3. how can i get product key on windows 7 Ultimate.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i get product key on windows 7 Ultimate.: I AM RAHULHellow , i dont know that how to get product key for Windows 7 Ultimate plz help me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-get-product-key-on-windows-7-ultimate/7fc5fd36-3c25-42fb-bc9b-6cdbc202ac95
  4. I WANT TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE OS TO WINDOWS 10. I HAVE PRODUCT KEY DETAILS WHICH IS...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I WANT TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE OS TO WINDOWS 10. I HAVE PRODUCT KEY DETAILS WHICH IS...: I TRIED MANY TIMES TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 . BUT IT WAS ALL IN-VAIN. PLEASE ASSIST ME TO UPGRADE TO FREE VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-windows-7-ultimate-os-to-windows/a093323f-b59e-40a2-a02e-48c6efeb3219
  5. I WANT TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE OS TO WINDOWS 10. I HAVE PRODUCT KEY DETAILS WHICH IS...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I WANT TO UPGRADE WINDOWS 7 ULTIMATE OS TO WINDOWS 10. I HAVE PRODUCT KEY DETAILS WHICH IS...: I TRIED MANY TIMES TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 10 . BUT IT WAS ALL IN-VAIN. PLEASE ASSIST ME TO UPGRADE TO FREE VERSION OF WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-want-to-upgrade-windows-7-ultimate-os-to-windows/a093323f-b59e-40a2-a02e-48c6efeb3219
  6. Can I use Windows 7 Ultimate Product key on Windows 10 pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I use Windows 7 Ultimate Product key on Windows 10 pro: A few months ago, I upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to 10 while swapping the HDD for an SSD. In doing so, now my installation of Windows 10 is not activated. Today, I stumbled upon a program called ProduKey and it helped me to find my Windows 7 Ultimate product key because...
  7. Can I use window 7 pro product key in window 10 pro.

Can I use window 7 pro product key in window 10 pro.: Can I use window 7 pro product as window 10 pro key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-window-7-pro-product-key-in-window-10/ec30493e-c1ce-4f97-a3eb-2dea2462c4aa
  8. Can I use a Windows 7 Ultimate Product Key that was on a machine that is now defunct to...

Can I use a Windows 7 Ultimate Product Key that was on a machine that is now defunct to...: Can I use a Windows 7 Ultimate Product Key that was on a machine that is now defunct to upgrade a Windows 10 home machine to Windows 10 Pro? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-use-a-windows-7-ultimate-product-key-that/9a97e651-48d7-4528-8d13-88d7f1875458
  9. Can I use a Windows 8 Ultimate key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can I use a Windows 8 Ultimate key to Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro ?: I have purchased Windows 8 Ultimate retail years ago but in the end Windows 10 Automatically updated from my Windows 7 Home drive. I never needed a Windows 10 key but now would like Window 10 Pro. Can I use my Windows 8 Ultimate key to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows...
  10. Can I use Windows 7 Product Key for Windows 10?

Can I use Windows 7 Product Key for Windows 10?: I have a product key for Windows 7 Home Premium on the back of my computer. I upgraded from Windows 7 to 10. I ran into some problems which caused me to reinstall Windows from a USB drive without being able to boot up Windows. Now, long story short my Windows is not activated...