Windows 10: I have a XPS 8930 and while using a display port cable it only uses the integrated graphics...

Discus and support I have a XPS 8930 and while using a display port cable it only uses the integrated graphics... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My machine has a Gtx 1650 as the nvidia dedicated graphics card and I am using the display. The model is like this one... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by RONALD STARLING SOARES, Apr 27, 2024.

1. I have a XPS 8930 and while using a display port cable it only uses the integrated graphics...

My machine has a Gtx 1650 as the nvidia dedicated graphics card and I am using the display. The model is like this one https://www.dell.com/support/manuals/us/en/04/xps-8930-desktop/xps-8930-setup-and-specification/back?guid=guid-e75d2627-54ce-4731-b8fe-aaa271b8827a&lang=en-us

:)

RONALD STARLING SOARES, Apr 27, 2024

2. XPS 8930 card reader

Happy to help. Here you are, from Dell's website: Card reader

RottweilerX, Apr 27, 2024
  3. Junaid_A Win User
    Please Help "Error 1-5: Check Your Display Cable"

Hi Mitch,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community forum.

You may want to go through the suggestions listed below and check if it works:

• Try connecting the adapter to the PC, before connecting the HMD to the adapter.
    • If your PC has both integrated and discrete graphics, make sure you're using the HDMI port on your active graphics card. In some cases, this may mean that you'll need to connect your PC display to a non HDMI port.
    • If your PC has both integrated and discrete graphics, and the integrated graphics is older and does not support Windows Mixed Reality, try disabling the integrated GPU.
    • Make sure your PC's HDMI port is working by trying to connect a PC monitor to it. Make sure your graphics drivers are up to date. Download and install the ones from AMD, Nvidia or Intel directly as they will likely be newer than
      what's published to Windows Update.
    • Make sure that you plugged your headset's HDMI cable into an
      HDMI out port on your PC, not an HDMI in port.
    • In some cases, Windows is unable to detect the display cable connection. Open device manager and see if the headset is listed under "Monitors". If not, click on "Action"->"Scan for hardware changes". This may resolve the issue.

For more troubleshooting tips on Windows Mixed Reality, I suggest you to go through
    Troubleshooting Windows Mixed Reality.

Tick ‘Yes’ if you find the answer helpful.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Apr 27, 2024
  4. BulldogXX Win User

I have a XPS 8930 and while using a display port cable it only uses the integrated graphics...

HP will not use anything but integrated graphics

To make use of a graphics card when you also have a graphics chip on your motherboard, you'll need to enter the BIOS or EFI (whichever you have) and disable the integrated graphics chip.

Another thing to remember: Make sure that the cable coming from your monitor is connected to a port on your graphics card and not the port for the integrated graphics chip. And do not ask how I figured that out.

BulldogXX, Apr 27, 2024
Thema:

I have a XPS 8930 and while using a display port cable it only uses the integrated graphics...

1. I have a XPS 8930 and while using a display port cable it only uses the integrated graphics... - Similar Threads - XPS 8930 while

2. I have a XPS 8930 and while using a display port cable it only uses the integrated graphics...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a XPS 8930 and while using a display port cable it only uses the integrated graphics...: My machine has a Gtx 1650 as the nvidia dedicated graphics card and I am using the display. The model is like this one...
  3. I have a XPS 8930 and while using a display port cable it only uses the integrated graphics...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a XPS 8930 and while using a display port cable it only uses the integrated graphics...: My machine has a Gtx 1650 as the nvidia dedicated graphics card and I am using the display. The model is like this one...
  4. SQL integration service port used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SQL integration service port used: Hello we have the situation where we have an app run SSIS to update data on database. The app is published and the SSIS packages are on the same server , the database on another service. There is SQL integration services service installed on the server that has the app and...
  5. XPS 8930 card reader

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    XPS 8930 card reader: I would like to know how I find out if the memory card reader on my XPS 8930 desk top will work with the type of memory card I have? I am a novice pc user so any help appreciated. Thank you in advance....
  6. Windows not using integrated graphics

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows not using integrated graphics: My laptop has suddenly stopped using integrated graphics. I have the latest intel drivers and windows updates etc. Every post I search online is about how to use the dedicated gpu instead of integrated which is unhelpful because I want the opposite. I want to run the desktop...
  7. can i use two displays on intel graphics integrated graphics

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    can i use two displays on intel graphics integrated graphics: i was wondering if i could use 2 monitors on intel integrated graphics because i already have 1 plugged up in the back of my motherboard so could i plug up another display cord in the back of my motherboard...
  8. External displays using only Integrated graphics card when connected using Dell Display dock

External displays using only Integrated graphics card when connected using Dell Display dock: Hello! I am running a Razer Blade with a GTX 1060 6Gb GPU. I just got a new Dell Universal Dock D6000 that uses software called DisplayLink for my two external monitors. After setting the monitors up I wanted to run Diablo 3 and see how it looked with the new setup. The...
  9. Using a GPU with the output cable plugged in to integrated graphics

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using a GPU with the output cable plugged in to integrated graphics: Hey, I have a quick question; Is it possible to use my Nvidia 8600GTS card (plugged into PCIe x16, 6 pin power) without actually having the monitor plugged into it? I am currently using my AMD A10-7800's integrated graphics because I only have a VGA cable and slots on my...
  10. Problem with HD graphics card using display port

Problem with HD graphics card using display port: I don't think that Build 10041 and my AMD gaphics driver are the best of friends. I have a 2550*1440 Viewsonic screen attached to an HD 5670 graphics card using display port. Quite often when I am using Thunderbird email the screen blinks a couple of times and about all...