Windows 10: I have a .zip file that seems to ONlY be in recent files...clicking open folder location...

Discus and support I have a .zip file that seems to ONlY be in recent files...clicking open folder location... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; ...clicking open folder location brings me to my downloads folder, but it isnt there. Trying to open it promots me with " access to the compressed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Spxxctrzz, Jun 6, 2020.

1. I have a .zip file that seems to ONlY be in recent files...clicking open folder location...

...clicking open folder location brings me to my downloads folder, but it isnt there. Trying to open it promots me with " access to the compressed (zipped) Folder [path] is denied

Trying to move it to my desktop promots me with "This is no longer located in [path]. Verify the item's location and try again.

Trying to extract it promps me with "Cannot complete the compressed (zipped) Folders extracrion wizard. Access to the compressed (zipped) file is denied. You must change the permissions for this comoressed folder

Going to change permissions in properties then security just says "the requested security information is either unavailible or cant be displayed"

I tried booting my pc in safe mode and deleting it but it didnt work.

I tried deleting it using cmd but it doesnt show up when i enter the path because even though it says it is in my downloads folder, it is not. So far i can only see it through "recent files" underneath quick access

I have ran malwarebytes(free) and windows defender scans and came up with nothing.

If anyone has ANY insight, please let me know, as i am quite worried it may be a virus or soenthibg harmful to my pc

Tge file size is 100kb (idk if that makes a difference)

This is what i downloaded https://sourceforge.net/projects/loic/files/loic/loic-1.0.8/LOIC-1.0.8-binary.zip/download i only dowbloaded even though it says makware because i had dowbloaded and deleted it vefore withiut any problems

submitted by /u/Spxxctrzz
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Spxxctrzz, Jun 6, 2020
  2. GSquadron Win User

Folders with zip files

I have like 30 or more folders and everyone of them has only one single zip file.
    How can I extract all zip files inside of all folders?

GSquadron, Jun 6, 2020
  3. digibucc Win User
    Folders with zip files

just go to the root folder and do a search for all zip files, then select all and extract where you want.

digibucc, Jun 6, 2020
  4. I have a .zip file that seems to ONlY be in recent files...clicking open folder location...

cant open zip files without saving first

Please do the following to attempt to repair a Zip file:

Click Start, click All Programs, and click Accessories

Right click Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator

Change directories to the folder where the corrupted Zip file is located

Type: "C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yf zipfile.zip

If the corrupted Zip file is split or spanned, use the following command instead:

"C:\Program Files\WinZip\wzzip" -yfs zipfile.zip

WZZIP will create a new Zip file with a FIXED suffix in the file name. The original Zip file will not be modified. Only the data in the original Zip file is used.

The FIXED Zip file is structurally sound but the data may still be corrupt. WZZIP does not fix the zipped data itself. If the zipped data has a CRC error or the zipped data is corrupt, then the resulting fixed Zip file will still be corrupt.

Useful resources, which might become solutions have more different information than guide above...

http://itknowledgeexchange.techtarg...p-files-after-zip-archive-corrupt-or-damaged/

luukbokhove, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

I have a .zip file that seems to ONlY be in recent files...clicking open folder location...

1. I have a .zip file that seems to ONlY be in recent files...clicking open folder location... - Similar Threads - zip file seems

2. unable to open zip files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    unable to open zip files: using windows 10,unable to open zip file using winzarchecked app by uninstalled ad reinstalling it no useunable to extract file too simply says as cannot open.changed ownership to everyone still couldnt open the zip filehelp me with the exact solution..........
  3. Double-clicking opens folders but not files

in Windows 10 Support
    Double-clicking opens folders but not files: When I double-click on a folder, the folder opens. Good. But when I double-click on a file or document for the first time, it doesn't open (i.e., it doesn't launch the application to read that file). Instead, the filename is shaded and there's a box around the filename as if...
  4. opening a zip file

opening a zip file: Hello I am trying to open a zip file; when i extract all and go to the file it says file is empty. so i tried internet explorer because i used that before and it says file has a virus. but i know for a fact the file is safe. how can i get my file to open so i can safe it. it...
  5. Create ZIP file in another location

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Create ZIP file in another location: I would like to create a zip file of the folders (on my C: drive) to my external HDD directly. Clarify: the ZIP file is directly made on the external HDD, because I want to minimize the wear to the SSD that was on my laptop submitted by /u/networkITcuriosity [link]...
  6. opening up a zip file-folder

opening up a zip file-folder: i followed the zip instructions by Microsoft web page, and i still get the "buy now' from win-zip. on my file folder. what did i do wrong? how do I open up a zipped file-folder?? Manuel...
  7. Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Recent Files/Locations in File Explorer: Hi guys, I am not sure who made the decision at Microsoft to remove the recent file/locations from file explorer in Windows 10 but it was a terrible idea. I have searched how to apply this but I can't seem to get it to work, including the link below. I work for a large...
  8. How do i locate and then open a Zipped File

How do i locate and then open a Zipped File: How do I locate and then open a Zipped file https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-locate-and-then-open-a-zipped-file/568a9251-6639-4a2e-834d-22a985e8084d"
  9. Unable to open .zip files

Unable to open .zip files: Hey so I'm unable to open .zip files. I've done a system restore, downloaded WinRAR, among other things. Can you guys help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-open-zip-files/b0733389-3aaf-4322-b6af-36c1f6c4abf0"
  10. Zips files will not open

in Windows 10 Support
    Zips files will not open: I recently upgraded to Windows10 on my desktop Dell. Last week I attempted to unzip some files & open .tif files that had been saved when I was still running Windows 8.1. Previous to the upgraded I never had a issue unzipping these files and they are always from the same...