Windows 10: I have accidentally deleted my administrative rights. How do I restore

Discus and support I have accidentally deleted my administrative rights. How do I restore in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have a new PC but set up a new ID as administrator. Forgot to add to group and deleted administrative rights on my original id. I have tried a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MaureenGB, Feb 14, 2020.

1. MaureenGB Win User

I have accidentally deleted my administrative rights. How do I restore

I have a new PC but set up a new ID as administrator. Forgot to add to group and deleted administrative rights on my original id. I have tried a reset and my pc won't reset. I have no admin rights so I can't do anything

:)

MaureenGB, Feb 14, 2020
  2. ATMM5 Win User

accidentally deleted the administrations folder

Okay, so, just 10 minutes ago my dad accidentally deleted the administrations folder. Now I can't do anything. How do I restore my computer? btw using windows 10

ATMM5, Feb 14, 2020
  3. Accidentally deleted user account - urgent need to restore WIndows 10

I accidentally deleted the user account that I was using (not admin) and now can't fix the issue.

So, I followed these instructions (sort of):

• Step 2: Choose Change your account name.
    • Step 3: Type a new name in the box and tap Change Name.
    • Step 1: Open Run by Windows+R, enter lusrmgr.msc and hit OK to open Local Users and Groups.
    • Step 2: Open the Users folder, right-click a user and select Rename in the menu.

I renamed the user. But then, stupid me, it didn't change it when I checked the start menu. So I then, instead of changing the name back, I deleted that user (which I was actually logged in as - it didn't ask for a password or anything either). It then removed
    it from the list (there was a list of 3 items to choose from - Administrator, Guest , and the account I was using. I deleted that account (Liam it was called)

I then stupidly decided to log off and restarted the computer. I then tried to login, and the user account it came up with was Liam - but obvsiouly as I'd deleted the user, when I typed in the password nothing happened). But because I deleted that user in
    the way above, it seems to have gone completely. What can I do to restore it?

I've tried system restore but it fails. So can't get back to a restore point.

It's a bit of a pickle really as it's an important user account on my work network and has folders on it that we need to function. I can't access the pc via another, as when I click 'Liam' it just can't connect, says it can't find it. I think what I've done
    has really broken the computer....

Any help will be gratefully received.

BobSturgess, Feb 14, 2020
  4. I have accidentally deleted my administrative rights. How do I restore

Administrator Rights

We suggest creating a new local user account and delete the previous account. Check the article below and follow the steps given.

Create a local user account in Windows 10

Follow the steps below to delete user account.

• Press Windows + X, select the Control Panel.
    • Click User accounts.
    • Click Manage other account.
    • Enter administrator account password if prompted.
    • Click the account which you want to delete.
    • Click Delete the account.
    • Restart PC.
    Let us know how it goes.

Reymichael Ros, Feb 14, 2020
Thema:

I have accidentally deleted my administrative rights. How do I restore

1. I have accidentally deleted my administrative rights. How do I restore - Similar Threads - accidentally deleted administrative

2. How do I relocate my photos once I have accidentally deleted?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I relocate my photos once I have accidentally deleted?: I have checked my recycling and they are not there! Please help I need them photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-relocate-my-photos-once-i-have/7c9c412b-1efa-4683-9762-cbf7f1d45e69
  3. How do I relocate my photos once I have accidentally deleted?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I relocate my photos once I have accidentally deleted?: I have checked my recycling and they are not there! Please help I need them photos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-relocate-my-photos-once-i-have/7c9c412b-1efa-4683-9762-cbf7f1d45e69
  4. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer: Hello. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer. I can still access windows with a local user account. when i had my administrator account, i sett the user account prompt notification level to 100%. so, i can't access System restore, or SFC. i can't, for...
  5. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer: Hello. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer. I can still access windows with a local user account. when i had my administrator account, i sett the user account prompt notification level to 100%. so, i can't access System restore, or SFC. i can't, for...
  6. I accidentally deleted my administrator account on my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. how do I restore favorites that I accidentally deleted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how do I restore favorites that I accidentally deleted: I accidentally deleted Favorites https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-restore-favorites-that-i-accidentally/cc0df6cc-fcb6-4e1a-a4e0-3c4408167dd5
  8. No right to administrator. how do i solve it.

in Windows 10 Customization
    No right to administrator. how do i solve it.: I can't do anything on my PC just because my pc is in standard user mode and the administrative right don't allow me to make any change to my pc. i need your help please. It's urgent....
  9. Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Restoring Files that i accidentally deleted: Tonight, I received a message from Windows Defender Antivirus that there were threats on my laptop and i just pressed to go in action got it deleted. I want those files to be restored and I really need an answer because the files that were accidentally deleted are very...
  10. How do I restore accidentally deleted roaming.lock?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I restore accidentally deleted roaming.lock?: While trying to reset Spotlight somehow roaming.lock got deleted How can I restore this? 89689