Windows 10: I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password...

Discus and support I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When my father in law passed away I was given his pc but I do not have his password to get in and clean the drives. Can I clean the computer without... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by crisppackets, Apr 24, 2022.

1. I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password...

When my father in law passed away I was given his pc but I do not have his password to get in and clean the drives. Can I clean the computer without having to sign in ? Any help greatly appreciated Richard

:)

crisppackets, Apr 24, 2022
  2. rincollc Win User

windows 10 upgrade from 8home did not change late father in law

Late father in law computer, i did not know logon or password
    it had windows 8 home i purchased upgrade to winpro10
    still has his microsfot name listed as owner of software from 2004
    this does not allow me to use rdt
    how to change software owner ship to my name?
    Version 2004 (os build 19041.746

rincollc, Apr 24, 2022
  3. my father died and I dont have his pASSWORD

my father died and I dont have his pASSWORD

SeanBoss_812, Apr 24, 2022
  4. DaveM121 Win User

I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password...

Not knowing the Login password or Pin.

Hi John

If the Father in Law logs in with a Microsoft Account, then try the steps on this page:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17875/...

If the Father in Law logs in with a Local Account:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/402845...

If none of the above works, I am sorry, this is a Microsoft Forum, and we are just users like yourself, it is against the Code of Conduct of this website to help anyone to bypass a Windows 10 login password, I hope you understand . . .

DaveM121, Apr 24, 2022
Thema:

I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password...

1. I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password... - Similar Threads - acquired father laws

2. Father passed away and need access to his computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Father passed away and need access to his computer: As my title states, my father passed away 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, we can't locate any of his login info. His login is linked with his Microsoft account so there's no way for us to just reset his password. I have contacted the email "*** Email address is removed for...
  3. Father passed away and need access to his computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Father passed away and need access to his computer: As my title states, my father passed away 2 weeks ago. Unfortunately, we can't locate any of his login info. His login is linked with his Microsoft account so there's no way for us to just reset his password. I have contacted the email "*** Email address is removed for...
  4. Father passed away and need access to his computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Father passed away, need access to his MSA.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Father passed away, need access to his MSA.: My father passed away this last February, He had pictures, digital stock purchases on his online Onedrive and important information in his emails. My family has the Death Certificate and the court order to obtain those things. To whom do I need to contact to gain access to...
  6. Father passed away, need access to his MSA.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Father passed away, need access to his MSA.: My father passed away this last February, He had pictures, digital stock purchases on his online Onedrive and important information in his emails. My family has the Death Certificate and the court order to obtain those things. To whom do I need to contact to gain access to...
  7. Father passed away, need access to his MSA.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password...: When my father in law passed away I was given his pc but I do not have his password to get in and clean the drives. Can I clean the computer without having to sign in ? Any help greatly appreciated Richard...
  9. I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password...: When my father in law passed away I was given his pc but I do not have his password to get in and clean the drives. Can I clean the computer without having to sign in ? Any help greatly appreciated Richard...
  10. Father passed away

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Father passed away: I have his login pin and of course can get in but I would like to change the owner/ admin any help would be appreciated..! TIA submitted by /u/Dregs11 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j8ms6h/father_passed_away/