Windows 10: I have added a family member to my 365 account andthey cannot log in

Discus and support I have added a family member to my 365 account andthey cannot log in in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Can you please tell me what log in details my family member must use when logging in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Lenny Allan, Dec 1, 2019.

1. I have added a family member to my 365 account andthey cannot log in

Can you please tell me what log in details my family member must use when logging in

:)

Lenny Allan, Dec 1, 2019
  2. Rey Cam Win User

fingergprint log-in for family member

Hi Kristi

Through Windows Hello, you may have your family members register different accounts with their fingerprints.

Once you are signed as the family account administrator, you may follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Start button.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Select Accounts.
    • Choose Family & other users.
    • Add people using the Your family, or Other users options. The only difference between the two is with family, you get an access to child controls, for monitoring and blocking content.

Once your child is logged into his or her own accounts, they can now set up their own
    Windows Hello log-in. Refer to the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Choose Accounts.
    • Select Sign-in options.
    • Select Windows Hello.
    • Choose Fingerprint, then Set up.

After performing the steps, kindly share with us the result.

Rey Cam, Dec 1, 2019
  3. Argel Obm Win User
    Family Member Log In

Hi,

We need to clarify some information first for us to know what is causing the log-in issue of your family member. Kindly answer the following:

• How did you add the account of your family member to your laptop?
    • You mentioned that you've set up a new email account. When you added the new email account to your computer, did you add a new user account or did you just a edited an existing user account?
    • Does the issue also occur when you add non family member account to your computer?

It is possible that a service or program running in the background is hindering your family member from logging in to your PC. We recommend booting your computer to
    Safe mode with Networking for us to verify if the issue will occur while Windows 10 is running with only minimal
    drivers and services.

We hope to hear from you soon.

Argel Obm, Dec 1, 2019
  4. I have added a family member to my 365 account andthey cannot log in

Merging Family accounts

Hi,

It's great to keep your family accounts properly for the best experience, especially for family safety. We would suggest removing the existing family accounts to let the user accounts inside it to be added to the other family account. You may refer to this
    link
    Remove members from your Microsoft family for the steps in removing a user account in the family and

Add members to your Microsoft family for the steps in adding them to an existing family.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Dec 1, 2019
Thema:

I have added a family member to my 365 account andthey cannot log in

1. I have added a family member to my 365 account andthey cannot log in - Similar Threads - added family member

2. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  3. Adding money to family member's microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding money to family member's microsoft account: Hi,Getting error while "Add money to your family member's Microsoft account" - Contact us at Microsoft supportWe’re having trouble processing your payment and we’d like to get it sorted out. Get more infoContact us at Microsoft support We’re having trouble processing your...
  4. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - having trouble adding a member: When inviting my son to join my Family Safety group, he clicked the "accept now" button and this then signed him through to his own Microsoft account, where he could enter his password and accept. But when he tried to accept, it then just gave raise to a message which said:...
  5. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Family Safety - having trouble adding a member: When inviting my son to join my Family Safety group, he clicked the "accept now" button and this then signed him through to his own Microsoft account, where he could enter his password and accept. But when he tried to accept, it then just gave raise to a message which said:...
  6. Family Safety - having trouble adding a member

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  7. Adding a Family Member

Adding a Family Member: I'm attempting to add my daughter a child as a Family Member - she has a Microsoft account. I have successfully sent the invitation but when we open the email invite and click on 'Join' it informs us that she already belongs to a family group. When I sign on to her Microsoft...
  8. Windows 10 added family member cannot login!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 added family member cannot login!: Hi, I upgraded Windows 10 on 4 of my machine. On one of them, I got a problem of not able to login from new family members that was added to the machine post upgrade. This is a laptop with a SSD drive. I orginially removed all of the users from Windows 8.1 before the...
  9. Family members added misteriously

Family members added misteriously: An unknown email account appears registered as a family member under my account. I did not authorize or add this email account. I try to remove the account and Microsoft does not allow it! I get some outdated info about "removing consent" but I can't find a link to...
  10. Adding a family member

Adding a family member: I have added my child to our family account but she does not appear as an option when I initially log into the computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/adding-a-family-member/3f3aedc2-b015-455c-a31f-c98e5c20f87f"