Windows 10: I have administrator rights (only user) but am not autorised for the CMD prompt. How do I...

Discus and support I have administrator rights (only user) but am not autorised for the CMD prompt. How do I... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I need to submit some commands because I have a problem with upgrading to a new Windows 10 version (1903 or 1909). I am the only person using this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HugoP2, Dec 8, 2019.

1. HugoP2 Win User

I have administrator rights (only user) but am not autorised for the CMD prompt. How do I...

I need to submit some commands because I have a problem with upgrading to a new Windows 10 version (1903 or 1909).

I am the only person using this laptop, but I got the message:

====

C:\Users\hugob>chkdsk/f c:

Access Denied as you do not have sufficient privileges or

the disk may be locked by another process.

You have to invoke this utility running in elevated mode

and make sure the disk is unlocked.

====

Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

Hugo

:)

HugoP2, Dec 8, 2019

2. Administrator/CMD prompt

I need to run a CMD prompt but it says I need to be the Administrator. I checked Users and I see my name and it says I AM the Administrator, but when I pull up the command prompt it lists me by another name (a nickname) and not my full name that I see as
    my Admin User. Perhaps this is the problem?

Thing is there are no other users on my laptop...help!

Jessi

Jessica Boling, Dec 8, 2019
  3. Ember Win User
    SLI with different cards

@tal5352
    follow readme.txt to step 8

instead of right click -> running Install.bat as administrator do the following:

start cmd as Administrator from Start->Run
    cd to DifferentSLI folder
    run Install.bat from the cmd prompt you started

resume at step 9

Ember, Dec 8, 2019
  4. I have administrator rights (only user) but am not autorised for the CMD prompt. How do I...

When attempt to access the WindowsApps folder with either administrator account, the system says I need administrator rights and denies access

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to enable built in administrator by following the steps below, create a new user profile and check if the issue persist.

• Open a CMD window by right clicking on the Start icon, and selecting
      Command prompt (Admin).

• Type the following command: net user administrator /active: yes

• Login into the built in administrator user profile and create a new user profile with administrator privileges.

• Delete the corrupted user account from the built in administrator.

• Then lock your screen by pressing Windows key + L, and sign-in as the Administrator account.
    Check if the issue persist and you can disable built in administrator account by typing the command: net user administrator /active: no
    in the Command prompt (Admin).

To create a new user account follow the steps below:

• On the Search bar type cmd and
      press ctrl + shift + Enter
      on the keyboard to open the Elevated
      Command Prompt.

• Type net user NewAccount password /add and click Enter.

• Type net localgroup Administrators NewAccount /add and click Enter.

• Log off from the system and login to the new user account.

Hope this helps!

SujataMoktan, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

I have administrator rights (only user) but am not autorised for the CMD prompt. How do I...

1. I have administrator rights (only user) but am not autorised for the CMD prompt. How do I... - Similar Threads - administrator rights user

2. I have lost my administrative rights despite being the only user and having it all local.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have lost my administrative rights despite being the only user and having it all local.: I was doing work and than I noticed that Cortona was open. Naturally I tried to turn it off, but trying to open task manager I noticed something. My task manager option was all greyed out. I was confused so I tried to restart my computer.For some reason I could only logoff...
  3. I have lost my administrative rights despite being the only user and having it all local.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have lost my administrative rights despite being the only user and having it all local.: I was doing work and than I noticed that Cortona was open. Naturally I tried to turn it off, but trying to open task manager I noticed something. My task manager option was all greyed out. I was confused so I tried to restart my computer.For some reason I could only logoff...
  4. I have lost my administrative rights despite being the only user and having it all local.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have lost my administrative rights despite being the only user and having it all local.: I was doing work and than I noticed that Cortona was open. Naturally I tried to turn it off, but trying to open task manager I noticed something. My task manager option was all greyed out. I was confused so I tried to restart my computer. For some reason I could only logoff...
  5. How do I remove "administrator" user?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove "administrator" user?: If you take a close look on sign in options I have that Administrator Profile, which is supper annoying and i can remove him. I ran some bat file and it created that profile. How do i get rid of it??...
  6. No right to administrator. how do i solve it.

No right to administrator. how do i solve it.: I can't do anything on my PC just because my pc is in standard user mode and the administrative right don't allow me to make any change to my pc. i need your help please. It's urgent....
  7. How do I become an administrator even though I am the only user on my laptop

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How do I become an administrator even though I am the only user on my laptop: How do I become an administrator even though I am the only user on my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-become-an-administrator-even-though-i-am/f8b9f22b-2928-4ecd-8507-dc06989e3915
  8. I have accidentally deleted my administrative rights. How do I restore

I have accidentally deleted my administrative rights. How do I restore: I have a new PC but set up a new ID as administrator. Forgot to add to group and deleted administrative rights on my original id. I have tried a reset and my pc won't reset. I have no admin rights so I can't do anything...
  9. How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to elevate to administrator from Cmd prompt?: I'm having difficulties with Windows repair disk not repairing my MBR. I've tried different starup disks and nothing is working! My only hope at this point is to use command prompt to repair it, but I am not sure how I can elevate to administrator! I've tried the runas...
  10. how do i know i am administrator?

how do i know i am administrator?: I just want to make sure I don't get hacked again. When it happened, I lost administrator privileges. Where should I check and what should I see there? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-know-i-am-administrator/e78cab09-d3d4-4d02-975a-c1802eaaf124