Windows 10: I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it

Discus and support I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GalalEl Bayady, Nov 11, 2019.

1. I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it

I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it

:)

GalalEl Bayady, Nov 11, 2019
  2. hput3 Win User

How to remove en.softonic malware that appears on desktop periodically

A kind of malware has somehow gotten onto my win 10 PC. What I get is a small advertisment that pops up in the bottom right on my desktop... When I turn it off (clicking the corner X). It comes back again some time later but with different content.

I haven't timed it but seems lake maybe a 1/2 hr.

I've googled extensively but all the instructions I've found, tell you to use the windows uninstaller to uninstall softonic. And maybe some manual clean up after the uninstall. But there is nothing installed with `softonic' in its name and even when the ad is running there is no process running with softonic in its name.

All the google hits appear to assume the windows uninstaller will know about softonic. Even the manual parts of some of the hits appear to assume you have been successful in unintalling it.

The instructions also suggest several free malware removal products and claim any of them will remove it.
    `Zema Anti-malware', `MalwareBytes' and `AdwCleaner'

I tried all those listed in one of the instruction sets, ran the scan but none of them found whatever is running the little softonic pop up ad.

This type of malware apparently falls into a category called a `PUP'.

I never found in the google hits what expected would be there somewhere. A list of steps to remove something like this by hand.

Can anyone here advise me?

hput3, Nov 11, 2019
  3. ATI Catalyst 10.2 WHQL Released

Provide that Suggestion to AMD, that's the one thing I cant stand is autoadjust of a product, if Im going to game the part will be adjusted by me, not automatically by software. TBH this reminds me of Speed Step and Cool N quiet tech, when overclocking its recommended to have both turned off as they will not work properly.

eidairaman1, Nov 11, 2019
  4. I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it

fllckering desktop

Hi Yvonne,

To resolve your issue with flickering desktop, we suggest that you update your display drivers with the steps listed below:

• Right-click Start, then select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters to find the name of your device.
    • Right-click the device and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow steps to update display drivers.

Update us on the result.

Regards.

Angela Pun, Nov 11, 2019
Thema:

I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it

1. I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it - Similar Threads - advertisements appear right

2. Scroll bar on the right side of my desktop

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scroll bar on the right side of my desktop: [IMG]For some reason a day ago, a scroll bar appeared on my desktop, that i cant interact with, or remove at all. I ran windows antivirus, and it detected a threat which i then proceeded to remove from my computer. But the white bar is still there. What do i do?...
  3. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.: How do I get them on the alpha list? submitted by /u/richfield1945 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf33o/apps_on_start_menu_right_side_not_appearing_on/
  4. Icons moving from right side of desktop

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Icons moving from right side of desktop: [ATTACH] Hi, maybe someone had the same issue as me. Since Windows XP I always had my trash on the right bottom corner of the destkop. And everytime I move some icon to the right side, after restart it moves to the left (as you can see in the picture, my trash is moved...
  5. A quarter of the Scrabble board is missing; where the advertisement was on the right side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A quarter of the Scrabble board is missing; where the advertisement was on the right side: When I bring up Scrabble on Facebook the right hand quarter of the of the Scrabble is hidden. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-quarter-of-the-scrabble-board-is-missing-where/e99322c9-c59d-44b3-91bc-601d0b10216e
  6. I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it: I have advertisements appear in the right side of laptop desktop. ho to stop it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-advertisements-appear-in-the-right-side-of/3c484a01-56cd-43d8-a7d3-411c9076ee6e
  7. Right side of desktop screen doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right side of desktop screen doesn't work: So this one hard to explain but will try to. So anytime I turn my computer on it has it where on the right side of my desktop or the screen like a quarter, it has it where anything i try to select doesn't work so can't select like the close for a tab or so. Now I notice...
  8. I have shadows on the right side of pictures and print.

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have shadows on the right side of pictures and print.: How can I get the shadows on my screen? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-shadows-on-the-right-side-of-pictures-and/76eb0fae-e00a-44a6-a344-29acc9d88bfa
  9. Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer: I have a lot of hard drives connected to my computer, some internal, some external. Hard drives J and L are internal hard drives. When I click on "KingKong" (the name I gave my computer), hard drives J and L aren't listed under KingKong on the left but they're listed in...
  10. Icon not appearing (I have the right version but...)

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Icon not appearing (I have the right version but...): I have been to the FAQ, help and support, windows 10 troubleshooter program EVERYTHING and the windows 10 icon is still not appearing. I have windows 7 home premium which is supported by windows 10 apparently. The FAQ said i need to fully do all the updates and i did. Im up...