Windows 10: I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET...

Discus and support I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET CRITERIA TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 BUT WINDOWS JUST WANTS ME TO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BrendaJBrown, Oct 23, 2021.

1. I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET...

I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET CRITERIA TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 BUT WINDOWS JUST WANTS ME TO PURCHASE A NEW UNIT. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! TIME TO JUST SWITCH OVER TO LINUX. EVERY TIME THERE'S AN UPGRADE ALWAYS PROBLEMS, DRIVERS, BLUETOOTH FUNCTIONALITY, ETC. AND WINDOWS JUST RECOMMENDS PURCHASING A NEW UNIT. MY UNIT IS JUST TWO YEARS OLD AND STILL UNDER WARRANTY.

:)

BrendaJBrown, Oct 23, 2021

2. Vintage: Acer Aspire One 722 {Ram Questions}

Hi Captain.

While I'm not answering your question on a new AV I would suggest as a possible step, upgrading your ram.

Crucial has ram for your device. $40 (not sure about tax or shipping) Your device seems to have one slot so you would need the 4GB stick. As you are using 32bit OS you can only use of 3GB. Crucial says you have one slot for memory and tear down videos seem to confirm this.

Here is the Crucial Link. Confirm for yourself that this is the right device. (Acer Aspire One 722-0022)

http://www.crucial.com/usa/en/compat...e-one-722-0022

Then here are the step by steps to replace.

https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/Acer+As...lacement/53216

Memory is static sensitive. Not as much of an issue when it is humid but still something to be aware of. If you don't want to buy a ground strap touch something that is grounded before starting the procedure and then don't go looking for things. Stay seated and perform. You should be fine.

External ram ??? Even if you could buy you wouldn't have port with sufficient speed to connect.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Oct 23, 2021
  3. Lucia12kt Win User
    Acer Aspire 5

Ive recently bought an acer aspire 5 A515 52 laptop. It was advertised as having a backlit keyboard which is one of the main reason I bought this laptop over the others. I cannot figure out how to turn it on, ive looked through settings and tried fn+f9.
    Does anyone know how to turn the backlit keyboard on?

Lucia12kt, Oct 23, 2021
  4. Erdeslawe Win User

I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET...

Acer Aspire 5560 not upgrading to windows 10

That Error Code seems to be most frequently associated with/pointing to incompatible Drivers. The Acer Aspire 5560 Model is only listed on the Acer Site under 'Legacy Hardware' as far as I can tell, which suggests they may not be too interested in providing
    further firmware/driver updates, but you could try asking on their Forums. According to this site ( Acer Aspire 5560, 5560G Notebook Win7, Win8 Driver, Utility | Notebook Drivers ) the last updates were released in 2012!

Erdeslawe, Oct 23, 2021
Thema:

I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET...

1. I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET... - Similar Threads - ACER ASPIRE UNIT

2. Acer Aspire 5 Won't Restart

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Acer Aspire 5 Won't Restart: Essentially, I've searched around and am hesitant to do the instructions I've seen, in the instructions mentioned, a user had issues with restarting their computer like me, however it happened after an update. My PC on the other hand had just out of the blue wouldn't restart...
  3. Acer Aspire 5 Won't Restart

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Acer Aspire 5 Won't Restart: Essentially, I've searched around and am hesitant to do the instructions I've seen, in the instructions mentioned, a user had issues with restarting their computer like me, however it happened after an update. My PC on the other hand had just out of the blue wouldn't restart...
  4. i am sachin and i have 15 years of old laptop acer aspire .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i am sachin and i have 15 years of old laptop acer aspire .: I am Sachin And I Have 15 Years Of Old Laptop Acer Aspire ,Which I Upgrade In Windows 10 , 240 GB SSD , 6GB RAM DDR3 And My Processor Is Intel i3 370M 2.40GHZ. Can My Laptop Run Very Smoothly Please Give Solid Reason....
  5. i am sachin and i have 15 years of old laptop acer aspire .

i am sachin and i have 15 years of old laptop acer aspire .: I am Sachin And I Have 15 Years Of Old Laptop Acer Aspire Which I Upgrade In Windows 10 , 240 GB SSD , 6GB RAM DDR3 And My Processor Is Intel i3 370M 2.40GHZ. Can My Laptop Run Very Smoothly Please Give Solid Reason....
  6. i am sachin and i have 15 years of old laptop acer aspire .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    i am sachin and i have 15 years of old laptop acer aspire .: I am Sachin And I Have 15 Years Of Old Laptop Acer Aspire Which I Upgrade In Windows 10 , 240 GB SSD , 6GB RAM DDR3 And My Processor Is Intel i3 370M 2.40GHZ. Can My Laptop Run Very Smoothly Please Give Solid Reason....
  7. Loop 5 acer aspire

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Loop 5 acer aspire: I have an Acer Aspire 5, and the key 5 is pressed all the time.Is not the keyboard because when I formatted it it stopped for 1 month,Is not a virus because I formatted my pc many timesI disconnected everything from my pcIt seems unfixable *** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  8. Loop 5 acer aspire

Loop 5 acer aspire: I have an Acer Aspire 5, and the key 5 is pressed all the time.Is not the keyboard because when I formatted it it stopped for 1 month,Is not a virus because I formatted my pc many timesI disconnected everything from my pcIt seems unfixable *** Moved from Spanish Forum ***...
  9. I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET...: I HAVE AN ACER ASPIRE 5 UNIT THAT IS JUST TWO YEARS FROM NEW AND ALL SPECS HAVE MET CRITERIA TO UPGRADE TO WINDOWS 11 BUT WINDOWS JUST WANTS ME TO PURCHASE A NEW UNIT. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE!!! TIME TO JUST SWITCH OVER TO LINUX. EVERY TIME THERE'S AN UPGRADE ALWAYS PROBLEMS,...
  10. Acer Aspire 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Acer Aspire 5: Ive recently bought an acer aspire 5 A515 52 laptop. It was advertised as having a backlit keyboard which is one of the main reason I bought this laptop over the others. I cannot figure out how to turn it on, ive looked through settings and tried fn+f9. Does anyone know how...