Windows 10: I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am...

Discus and support I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am trying to use the WiFi connection, but am having trouble... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by stephenCorfe, Nov 24, 2021.

1. I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am...

I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am trying to use the WiFi connection, but am having trouble connecting.

:)

stephenCorfe, Nov 24, 2021
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Nov 24, 2021
  3. How to reinstall Windows 10 if my computers used the free upgrade from 7 and 8?

Will windows 10 still accept the license keys from 7 and 8 now if I reinstall my computer?

Does Microsoft keep a list of users who upgraded to Win 10 using their 7 and 8 keys so that when users need to reinstall windows 10 the old keys would work?

Do I need to call in Microsoft to ask them to activate my Windows 10 when I give them my win 7 keys?

Both computers are laptops. The windows 7 machine had the serial printed on the back, and I needed to enter that when I upgraded to 10. The windows 8 machine had the serial built in inside its boot system so I didn't need to enter the key when I upgraded to 10, but I did manage to write down the keys using a fetcher program.

JebusPrime, Nov 24, 2021
  4. Mussels Win User

I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am...

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, Nov 24, 2021
Thema:

I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am...

1. I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am... - Similar Threads - Aspire M3970 Desktop

2. Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?: I think Ive tried everything. I keep getting to the end then some error will pop up. Please help me out. By the way it is an older Dell laptop but Ive checked that its compatible with the new update....
  3. Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Having trouble upgrading from windows 7 to windows 10?: I think Ive tried everything. I keep getting to the end then some error will pop up. Please help me out. By the way it is an older Dell laptop but Ive checked that its compatible with the new update....
  4. I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am...: I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am trying to use the WiFi connection, but am having trouble connecting....
  5. I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am...: I have an Aspire M3970 Desktop computer, have upgraded from windows 7 to windows 10. I am trying to use the WiFi connection, but am having trouble connecting....
  6. Can I have free Windows 10 I have to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7

Can I have free Windows 10 I have to upgrade Windows 10 to Windows 7: First I had windows 10 inbuilt when i brought my pc, next after a while due to update issue I had to change to windows 7 by some third party services. Now, I need to get Windows 10 for drivers update. I lost my product key and now should I buy it or get it for free...
  7. I have windows 7 and am planning to upgrade. But I have a question about the installation tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have windows 7 and am planning to upgrade. But I have a question about the installation tool: So I already know that I can have a free upgrade but I don’t have my licence key. I was wondering if when I download it it will be the “activate windows thing”. Because I have windows 7 pro but it’s an oem. Please help me with this because I don’t feel like shelling out 189...
  8. I have an issue with the installation of Windows 10 from the upgrade from Windows 7

I have an issue with the installation of Windows 10 from the upgrade from Windows 7: My problem is this. As the installation of Windows 10 was performing the system updates as the final process prior to startup, I got an error message that not all updates were installed. I am now having to connect to a network so it can complete the update. My question is,...
  9. I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.

I am trying to upgrade from windows 7 to windows 10.: After purchasing windows 10 home, I downloaded it and follow the steps on screen. However, after restarting my computer twice, it is still running windows 7. Any advice?...
  10. I am having trouble installing windows 10 from usb from windows 7.

I am having trouble installing windows 10 from usb from windows 7.: I have called MS support several times, and nothing they do helps. Getting tired of the numerous hours invested with the phone trees, wait times, etc. I get two different error messages when the install gets to the "checking for updates" phase a couple of hours into the...