Windows 10: I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10.

Discus and support I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10. I have followed previous posts fixes, including downloading new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TraceyPacker, Sep 17, 2018.

1. I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10.

I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10. I have followed previous posts fixes, including downloading new drivers and running the Windows Troublshooter for devices. Please could you advise if a fix has been found for this issue.

:)

TraceyPacker, Sep 17, 2018

2. The mousepad has stopped working on my ASUS laptop after the Windows 10 update.

Hi there

Laptop series: Asus X553M notebook

My problem: Following the Windows 10 update my laptop mousepad has stopped working the moment I log into any of my users. It is completely frozen.

I have plugged in a USB mouse and it's working completely fine but it's not exactly ideal for mobility etc. I would like some help on how I can get it working again.

lukewhelan, Sep 17, 2018
  3. Mousepad stopped working, Asus ZenBook UX305

Hi,

I have an Asus Zenbook (delivered with windows 10, so no updates from earlier windows editions) and the mousepad has stopped working. The touchpad has been removed from my device manager and does not show a cursor or movement on the touchpad. When I plug
    in an external mouse this device does show a cursor and appears in the device manager list. I cannot find any touchpad settings as all of them pertain to the mouse. It seems that the touchpad has been removed from the system? Can anyone help?

Thanks!

Delangdelang, Sep 17, 2018
  4. I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10.

Windows 10 Mousepad Stopped Working, So I Uninstalled Mousepad- Can't download new one

Hi Anna,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10!

What is the exact model no. of the ASUS laptop?

I understand that the mousepad is not working in your Asus laptop. The issue could be if the drivers are either not updated or get corrupted. So, I would suggest you to update the mousepad drivers and check if it helps you to fix the issue.

The issue could also arise due to outdated drivers that might not be compatible with Windows 10. So, I would suggest you to keep checking your Windows updates not only important one but optional too. If any available try to install them
    and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

First, try to install all of the Windows updates available and if issue persists, try to update the mousepad drivers by following the steps provided in the article mentioned below.

How to: Install and Update drivers
    in Windows 10

If issue still persists, then install the drivers for Windows 8/8.1 from the
    ASUS website in compatibility mode and check if that works.

Make older programs compatible with this version of Windows

[Information applies to Windows 10]

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Sep 17, 2018
Thema:

I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10.

1. I have an ASUS Notebook. The mousepad stopped working after installing Windows 10. - Similar Threads - ASUS Notebook mousepad

2. asus UX360C Notebook won’t install windows and keeps restarting right after the asus start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    asus UX360C Notebook won’t install windows and keeps restarting right after the asus start...: I did a complete reset on my asus UX360C Notebook with the option to install windows from the hard drive. Once windows hit 64% complete it keeps restarting and won’t advance any further, it restarts right after the asus start up screen.I have tried to enter the safe start up,...
  3. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mousepad not working: Hello:The mousepad of my computer did not work.I tried to update the driver but it said that the driver is up to date.If I used and external mouse it work.The computer is a Acer Aspire A315-56Can you tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  4. Mousepad not working

Mousepad not working: Hello:The mousepad of my computer did not work.I tried to update the driver but it said that the driver is up to date.If I used and external mouse it work.The computer is a Acer Aspire A315-56Can you tell me how to solve that problem.Thanks,Hiram...
  5. Mousepad not working

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook

Apps Not Working on ASUS Notebook: I have a newer ASUS Notebook with a licensed copy of Windows 10 installed. I recently had to have the motherboard replaced. Everything was working well for about a month after I got my computer back. Then, all of the apps in have installed stopped working properly. The apps...
  7. ASUS TP202NA Notebook Touch Screen stopped working after Windows10 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    ASUS TP202NA Notebook Touch Screen stopped working after Windows10 update: 29 Feb 2020 HELP After recent Windows 10 Update on my ASUS TP202NA Touch Screen Notebook, the Touch Screen stopped working. 1. I have already been into 'Device Manager' to Update drivers on the Human Interface Devices and updated drives on all subheadings The only one...
  8. Asus Notebook stuck in a loop after aborting Windows 10 instalation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Asus Notebook stuck in a loop after aborting Windows 10 instalation: Hi guys, Hi have an Asus Notebook which has been running on Windows 10 for a few years now. I have noticed that every time a new update on Windows 10 is available my computer starts getting the blue screen of death and so I have decided to delay Windows 10 updates for a...
  9. mousepad not working after windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mousepad not working after windows 10 install: Hi. i have just installed Windows 10 pro 64 bit to an acer aspire E15 laptop (it had Windows 8.1). now the mouse pad doesnt work. ive re downloaded the drivers and installed to no avail, and it also seems to be different (it has the cortana search bar which disappeared on my...
  10. Can windows 7 be installed on a windows 10 Asus Notebook

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can windows 7 be installed on a windows 10 Asus Notebook: What was slow? boot? shutdown? browsers? What steps were made to tune up the computer? Please update the specs in the "My Computer" section: Update the desktop and add the notebook) System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums: System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums Windows...