Windows 10: I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete

Discus and support I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10. Use Win 7 at work and been a Mac User at home for the last 5 years.... Need a Windows machine. But I have an issue trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jeff Waldrop, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Jeff Waldrop Win User

I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete

I am new to Windows 10. Use Win 7 at work and been a Mac User at home for the last 5 years.... Need a Windows machine.

But I have an issue trying to delete a folder on my One Drive. It is actually a folder within a folder. No files. I am definitely logged on to the PC as a Admin. I checked that under users. I am the only user. when I drill down to the second folder within the first on my One Drive folder, I get the following message:

I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete [​IMG]

It is just bugging me that I can't delete it. Trying to learn why..... so I can understand going forward.

When I try to delete the Parent Folder that contains the one I have now permission, I get this error....

I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete [​IMG]

:)

Jeff Waldrop, Jun 2, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jun 11, 2018
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete

1. I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete - Similar Threads - empty Folder denied

2. i currently have google for my apps would like to change to microsoft

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i currently have google for my apps would like to change to microsoft: I want to change my games and my apps to Microsoft, I currently have google https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-weather/i-currently-have-google-for-my-apps-would-like-to/1ac9d8b3-6e1f-495a-9ccb-4b0019ca6065
  3. Emptying folder like for trash

in Windows 10 Support
    Emptying folder like for trash: Hello, (on windows 10) I'm looking for a way to empty a folder content like if it was the main trash can. .bat, .reg or shell extension; I didn't found what i want. 114092
  4. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093
  5. I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I would like to have a definitive Answer, please.: Scenario: Computer A is upgraded from a genuine Win 7 or 8 to Windows 10. Activated and digital entitled. A bootable media is created. I change Computer A's motherboard to a new one but not the same make and model. I then use the same bootable media to reinstall Windows...
  6. Changes to bcdedit.exe access, or am I having BCD issues?

in Windows 10 Support
    Changes to bcdedit.exe access, or am I having BCD issues?: I'm running Win10 Pro x64 1607. I have a bunch of command scripts that check for elevation with the following line: Code: for /f "tokens=1,2*" %%a in ('%SystemRoot%\System32\bcdedit.exe') do if (%%a)==(Access) goto :NoAdmin[/quote] Starting about a day ago, all the...
  7. I delete a folder, it comes back and shows "Folder not accessible..."

in Windows 10 Support
    I delete a folder, it comes back and shows "Folder not accessible...": So I basically delete a folder, on my Disk D, and it doesn't vanish, it stays there empty and when I click on it, it says "Folder not accessible access is denied". It's driving me crazy cause sometimes even a explorer.exe restart won't fix. Sometimes if it's a folder within a...
  8. I would like to have my laptop wake on USB

in Windows 10 Support
    I would like to have my laptop wake on USB: The computer I have now will stay on when the top is closed, which is what I want. But when it goes to sleep I cannot wake it without lifting the top and pressing power. I use monitors and usb keyboard and I want to be able to activate the computer using it. I have gone...
  9. Would Like To Delete Unwanted Toshiba HDDRecovery Folder

in Windows 10 Support
    Would Like To Delete Unwanted Toshiba HDDRecovery Folder: I have a Vista HDDRecovery folder on my D: drive that is no longer needed as I have upgraded to W10 (via W7). Is there a simple way (perhaps some FREE utility) to delete this as it is taking up 4.64GB of space.. I have tried but keep getting message that SYSTEM needs to...
  10. Denied Access to delete files

in Windows 10 Support
    Denied Access to delete files: I am experiencing the infamous Blue Screen irregularly and I suspect from reading posts it is linked to AVG Internet Security product. I bought this but later canceled it and thought I had uninstalled it. However later I found that the uninstallation left a lot, if not all,...