Windows 10: I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete

Discus and support I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10. Use Win 7 at work and been a Mac User at home for the last 5 years.... Need a Windows machine. But I have an issue trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jeff Waldrop, Jun 2, 2018.

1. I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete

I am new to Windows 10. Use Win 7 at work and been a Mac User at home for the last 5 years.... Need a Windows machine.

But I have an issue trying to delete a folder on my One Drive. It is actually a folder within a folder. No files. I am definitely logged on to the PC as a Admin. I checked that under users. I am the only user. when I drill down to the second folder within the first on my One Drive folder, I get the following message:

I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete [​IMG]

It is just bugging me that I can't delete it. Trying to learn why..... so I can understand going forward.

When I try to delete the Parent Folder that contains the one I have now permission, I get this error....

I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete [​IMG]

:)

Jeff Waldrop, Jun 2, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jun 11, 2018
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete

1. I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete - Similar Threads - empty Folder denied

2. I am being denied permission to access a folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I am being denied permission to access a folder: Hi there, I was doing back-up to a hard drive WD Elements SE and checking what was already on there. I found an old TV series that I recall watching some years back so I know I had access to it. Now when I try to open that folder I am told "you don't currently have...
  3. i am not able to delete this empty folder

i am not able to delete this empty folder: [ATTACH] i tried to delete it in safe mode too but this folder never disappear. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-able-to-delete-this-empty-folder/d3e8d75e-9a9d-413b-b086-5f28b83d1352
  4. I am owner of folder, recursively but I get access denied when trying to delete that...

I am owner of folder, recursively but I get access denied when trying to delete that...: I am owner of folder, recursively but I get access denied when trying to delete that folder.... but I can delete sub folders... What is wrong???...
  5. I get 'Access Denied' to folders that show I have access in the folder's...

I get 'Access Denied' to folders that show I have access in the folder's...: Despite all of the suggestions in the Microsoft Community on this recurring issue, I cannot find any way to access folders/files on my own computer. Trying to edit my user account in the folder's Properties/Security tab does not work.... even though I am an Administrator and...
  6. I am an administrator but I have access denied in services on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am an administrator but I have access denied in services on Windows 10: I always moved Windows services, mainly to stop Windows Update, because whenever executing leaves my connection bad, I have only 4MB of connection. But suddenly I can no longer control Windows services, and I get access denied, but I use an administrator account. I've tried a...
  7. I would like to customize the destination folders

I would like to customize the destination folders: Hello, I have windows 10 and I do not know where my Microsoft apps I download go to, help me please. And I also would like to change the destination folders of everything, for example when I save pictures, I want them to automatically save for one of the folders I have...
  8. Deleting files/folders access denied

in Windows 10 Support
    Deleting files/folders access denied: Ok I have a flash drive connected to my network directly inserted into my router. After much research and toying with the settings I finally got it to show up in Windows File Explorer and it appears under "THIS PC" as one of my drives on the "NETWORK" and when I view...
  9. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  10. Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete: Hi, Have an sign in photo that I would like to delete and don't know how to. Any advice appeciated. 112093