I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete

Discus and support I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete in Windows 10 Support on Windows 10 Forums to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10. Use Win 7 at work and been a Mac User at home for the last 5 years.... Need a Windows machine. But I have an issue trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jeff Waldrop, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Jeff Waldrop Win User

I am new to Windows 10. Use Win 7 at work and been a Mac User at home for the last 5 years.... Need a Windows machine.

But I have an issue trying to delete a folder on my One Drive. It is actually a folder within a folder. No files. I am definitely logged on to the PC as a Admin. I checked that under users. I am the only user. when I drill down to the second folder within the first on my One Drive folder, I get the following message:

[​IMG]

It is just bugging me that I can't delete it. Trying to learn why..... so I can understand going forward.

When I try to delete the Parent Folder that contains the one I have now permission, I get this error....

[​IMG]

:)

Jeff Waldrop, Jun 2, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jun 11, 2018
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete - Similar Threads - empty Folder denied

1. Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook 2016 / 365 IMAP query on empty trash folder: Hi folks I have 3 different machines currently with outlook 2016 -- mail is set up as IMAP Send / receive from any machine is visible on all the other ones (that's correct) and on mobile phone. However if I delete emails they get moved (correctly) to the trash folder....
  2. Documents folder suddenly completly empty

in Windows 10 Support
    Documents folder suddenly completly empty: Hello all, Today I turned on my (what I believed to be perfectly functional) PC to discover to my horror that my Documents folder (where I keep everything of value) is completely empty. My SSD is a Samsung 850 EVO 500GB. 1yr old I believe. What I've tried: 1) Restarting...
  3. Minidump folder gets emptied, why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minidump folder gets emptied, why?: My dump files in C:Windows\Minidump keep getting deleted. I had two dump files from a week ago and now they are gone. I use CCleaner, but I have the minidump folder set to exclude from cleaning. Any ideas why my dump files keep getting deleted? 110020
  4. E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010)

in Browsers and Email
    E-mails showing as in Outbox but folder is empty (Outlook 2010): At work, I am trying to send some e-mails in Outlook 2010 but they're getting stuck in the Outbox folder (and the recipients are not receiving them). Outlook shows: Outbox [4] When I open the Outbox folder, no e-mails are inside. The Outbox folder shows, "There...
  5. how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove empty folders and duplicate icons from control panel: I have a duplicate icon (Desktop Gadgets) that I would like to physically remove (not just hide) from the control panel, together with three empty folders (Windows Update, Performance Information and Tools, Biometrics). The icon is not a .cpl file, but an .exe file. 93846
  6. Removing empty folders from the control panel ...

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing empty folders from the control panel ...: Does anyone know how to remove empty folders (and not app icons) from the control panel pane? Hiding them would also be an acceptable solution! Big thanks to whoever can lend a hand... 93922
  7. Empty folder in task scheduler

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty folder in task scheduler: I open task scheduler as administrator. I navigate to Microsoft, Windows, RAC. The task is empty. The RAC folder is System32 is there, but empty as well. The reason I looked is that my Reliability Monitor is no longer an option in Security and Maintenance. I've been having...