I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete

Discus and support I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am new to Windows 10. Use Win 7 at work and been a Mac User at home for the last 5 years.... Need a Windows machine. But I have an issue trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Jeff Waldrop, Jun 2, 2018.

1. Jeff Waldrop Win User

I am new to Windows 10. Use Win 7 at work and been a Mac User at home for the last 5 years.... Need a Windows machine.

But I have an issue trying to delete a folder on my One Drive. It is actually a folder within a folder. No files. I am definitely logged on to the PC as a Admin. I checked that under users. I am the only user. when I drill down to the second folder within the first on my One Drive folder, I get the following message:

I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete [​IMG]

It is just bugging me that I can't delete it. Trying to learn why..... so I can understand going forward.

When I try to delete the Parent Folder that contains the one I have now permission, I get this error....

I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete [​IMG]

:)

Jeff Waldrop, Jun 2, 2018
  2. Jose Est Win User

Destination Folder Access Denied

Hi,

There are times that you may run into the issue of being unable to open or access or work with files and folder. The common message that flashes on your computer screen when you try doing so reads: "Access Denied."

This can occur for one or more of the following reasons:

• The folder ownership may have changed.
    • You do not have the proper permissions.
    • The file may be encrypted.
    • The file may be in use.
    • The file may be corrupt.
    • The user profile may be corrupt.
    To resolve this issue, the first step is to run CHKDSK. It detects and fix disk corruption. To run CHKDSK, follow these steps:

• Press Win+X.
    • Select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • In the window that opens enter your CHKDSK command.
    Get back to us to if you need further assistance.

Jose Est, Jun 11, 2018
  3. EsMj Win User
    Change Folder Destination access Denied

Thanks.

After following the steps suggested, I get the message "Access denied" in command prompt.

Please advise how to allow permission.

Thema:

1. I have an empty Folder I am denied access to an would like to delete - Similar Threads - empty Folder denied

2. what are "hanging or crashing apts"? And how do I fix it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    what are "hanging or crashing apts"? And how do I fix it?: What are "hanging or crashing apps" and how do I fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_music/what-are-hanging-or-crashing-apts-and-how-do-i-fix/4a7981fa-d3e1-435f-8aef-b34ee727a26c
  3. when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont...: when I try to connect my notebook on my private network I need network credentials . I dont know what they are. How can I log in on my notebook?...
  4. Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access?: Do I have to have Windows 10 Pro to get remote access? Is there other software to do this? Is 10-Pro required on both computers, if I have to get 10-Pro?...
  5. All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go and how do I restore them?

in Windows 10 Customization
    All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go and how do I restore them?: All my emails prior to yesterday are missing. Where did they go, and how can I restore them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/all-my-emails-prior-to-yesterday-are-missing-where/caac2dbf-a663-452b-b9a8-22484857589b
  6. I am unable to sign in to windows. .

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am unable to sign in to windows. .: I am unable to sign in. This occurred after the Hello option appeared on the sign in screen. Now if you touch any key the computer shuts down....
  7. Windows Error When Trying to Access "Language Bar Options"

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows Error When Trying to Access "Language Bar Options": I recently bought this Lenovo Ideapad 110 for studying and watching videos on Youtube. I study 3 languages, so having shortcuts like ctrl+shift+1 to switch to a particular language is much more preferable to having to press windows+space to slowly switch between them. Today,...
  8. installing a program that was deleted when windows 10 was installed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    installing a program that was deleted when windows 10 was installed: I have a small embroidery business in my home. I previously had Singer Professional Sew-Ware Ver.2 and lost everything. Now i cannot get it to install at all. Why?...
  9. i have blocks like tic tac toe on my screen !!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    i have blocks like tic tac toe on my screen !!!: how do I remove it. I do not know how it got on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/i-have-blocks-like-tic-tac-toe-on-my-screen/3c9c6791-e48a-4307-a9dc-291aa7842ef9
  10. Where do I find my PIN?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Where do I find my PIN?: Where do I find my PIN? I never knew I had one and need it for a couple Microsoft apps...….. Thank You madee10 [Original Title: PIN] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/where-do-i-find-my-pin/cbd8d73b-c43d-4d83-b6fa-274ce7696127"