Windows 10: I have an hour laptop with windows 10 stuck in a bootloop. I need help. What do I do

Discus and support I have an hour laptop with windows 10 stuck in a bootloop. I need help. What do I do in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My laptop had windows 10 and i havent used it in a while. I need it for online school now so i reset it to the factory state but now its stuck in a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Rowyn Halbgewachs, Mar 26, 2021.

1. I have an hour laptop with windows 10 stuck in a bootloop. I need help. What do I do

My laptop had windows 10 and i havent used it in a while. I need it for online school now so i reset it to the factory state but now its stuck in a bootloop. I dont know what to do

:)

Rowyn Halbgewachs, Mar 26, 2021
  2. Jo_2013 Win User

Installed Windows 10 2 hours ago. Laptop stuck on "Restarting

Installed Windows 10 2 hours ago. Laptop stuck on "Restarting". Any suggestions on how to rectify?

OP - Jo_R

Jo_2013, Mar 26, 2021
  3. Window 10 bootloop nothing works

I reset my Windows 10 laptop and now it is stuck in a bootloop how do I fix it

TRAVISMUTRUX, Mar 26, 2021
  4. MGuy.21 Win User

I have an hour laptop with windows 10 stuck in a bootloop. I need help. What do I do

Laptop stuck in bootloop after v2004

Hello everyone,

Hope you are all having a good day.

So I'm in a catastrophe right now. My laptop is stuck in a bootloop due to a series of actions, however this issue was mainly introduced with Windows 10 Version 2004. I tried running startup repair, but it couldn't identify the startup issue. Tried looking
    for a system restore, but interestingly enough none were created. Tried running chkdsk, didn't help. I am basically stuck in a bootloop right now with no way of fixing it.

So before the bootloop, here's what happened. I decided to download and install Windows 10 Version 2004 onto my laptop, and I knew (and I guess I was wrong) that for the most part, it'd effortlessly install just like any Windows update. Well, it didn't.
    The moment the whole thing was installed, I had startup issues. I ran then startup repair and it apparently said that the startup issue couldn't be identified and prompted me to either restart or open advanced options. I restarted and surprisingly I am in
    Windows. However, some of my settings were messed up then and the mouse cursor, whether controlled by a touchpad or mouse, didn't appear or work at all. Using a laptop without a mouse, let alone a touchpad, renders it very limited and annoying to use. I restarted
    the laptop like 5 times, but the mouse issue didn't go away. I decided then to hop into the automatic repair menu and try to roll back. I went into advanced options and uninstalled the latest feature update, which in this case is 2004 (coming from 1904). The
    update uninstalled successfully but then got me into the bootloop that I'm talking about. Tried running startup repair every time but it doesn't work, and doesn't even go into the stage of checking the disk for errors. It rather just says "diagnosing your
    PC" for like a couple seconds and then straight away tells me that the issue couldn't be identified. Then, in an attempt to try to solve the issue yesterday, I ran command prompt with the chkdsk command to try to check the drive for any errors, and left it
    overnight. And yet, nothing. This is literally getting me mad crazy. Another thing that doesn't help is the lack of a system restore point. If I'm not wrong, Windows automatically creates system restore points from time to time and always creates
    a system restore point before a big feature update. So why didn't it do so?

Could it be an issue with hard drives in general compared to their more superior counterpart, SSDs? Could it be a bad install from the Microsoft side? Is it incompatible with my laptop? I really have no clue at all. This never happened to me when installing
    quality updates and apparently my brother's Lenovo S145 AMD R3 laptop had it installed perfectly. I literally let the laptop sit flat, upside down on its screen and keyboard side to keep the components like the CPU cool, and didn't interfere at all or shut
    it down amidst the update. So why did I get stuck in a bootloop?

Had I known that v2004 could get me so many issues, I would've stuck with my version happily. I didn't even read the reviews and apparently, people complain of slower performance and more frequent crashes compared to 1904. It seemed like 1904 was the perfect
    version, at least for me. Consistent, quick enough, and has all the features I need. But I decided to try out the new update, because I like trying new things, and just got myself a headache afterwards.

So here's exactly what I wish I could have. I just want a solution, or a couple of them, that could fix my bootloop issue and get me just straight into Windows the way I left it before the update at v1904, with all my files, settings, and apps. Yes, I do
    not
    want to sacrifice my files, apps or settings. I just want something that could do what startup repair couldn't at the moment. I just want something that fixes the startup issues and gets me straight into Windows the way I had just left it, with
    all my files happily waiting for me in place.

I believe in you, Microsoft helpers, and I appreciate you for everything. I just hope you guys would be able to get me a quick and easy solution to fix this issue and just hop straight into my laptop the way it was all before this update.

Thank you very much

My laptop's specs, if that matters:

• Model: Acer Aspire 5 A515-51G
    • CPU: Intel Core i5-8250U, quad core, up to 3.35GHz Turbo Boost.
    • GPU: Nvidia MX130, Intel UHD Graphics
    • RAM: 12GB DDR4 2400MHz RAM, dual channel
    • Storage medium: 1TB Toshiba HDD

MGuy.21, Mar 26, 2021
Thema:

I have an hour laptop with windows 10 stuck in a bootloop. I need help. What do I do

1. I have an hour laptop with windows 10 stuck in a bootloop. I need help. What do I do - Similar Threads - hour laptop stuck

2. What do I do if apps are stuck on pending for hours

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What do I do if apps are stuck on pending for hours: Hi, I’m trying to download a couple apps on Microsoft store but they have been pending for hours now and I was hoping you could help me with this, thanks....
  3. What do I do if apps are stuck on pending for hours

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What do I do if apps are stuck on pending for hours: Hi, I’m trying to download a couple apps on Microsoft store but they have been pending for hours now and I was hoping you could help me with this, thanks....
  4. Stuck in indefinitive bootloop, what can i do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in indefinitive bootloop, what can i do?: Hi, Last night windows forced me to run an update.After it rebooting, it went into a bluescreen with the 0xc000021a error code.I followed the forums and tried to reset windows whilst maintaining my files.This then got stuck at 68% for an hour, I contacted the forums again and...
  5. Stuck in indefinitive bootloop, what can i do?

Stuck in indefinitive bootloop, what can i do?: Hi, Last night windows forced me to run an update.After it rebooting, it went into a bluescreen with the 0xc000021a error code.I followed the forums and tried to reset windows whilst maintaining my files.This then got stuck at 68% for an hour, I contacted the forums again and...
  6. Stuck in indefinitive bootloop, what can i do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. I am stuck in an indefinitive bootloop with no errors, what to do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am stuck in an indefinitive bootloop with no errors, what to do?: After first running into error 0xc000021a, i followed the forum advise to reinstall whilst keeping files, that got stuck at 68% to which i was reccomended to force shutdown and now my oc wont boot past the windows loading logo, what to do ran into a series of issues and bow...
  8. I am stuck in an indefinitive bootloop with no errors, what to do?

I am stuck in an indefinitive bootloop with no errors, what to do?: After first running into error 0xc000021a, i followed the forum advise to reinstall whilst keeping files, that got stuck at 68% to which i was reccomended to force shutdown and now my oc wont boot past the windows loading logo, what to do ran into a series of issues and bow...
  9. I have an HP laptop with windows 10 stuck in a bootloop. I need help. What do I do

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have an HP laptop with windows 10 stuck in a bootloop. I need help. What do I do: My laptop has windows 10 and i havent used it in a while. I need it for online school now so i reset it to the factory stuff but now its stuck in a bootloop. I dont know what to do...
  10. Need help, what do I do?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help, what do I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Gie34 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dt527p/need_help_what_do_i_do/