Windows 10: I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at...

Discus and support I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at the same time, but on win10 only the LAN will connect.Each... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by kjl1956, Oct 11, 2021.

1. kjl1956 Win User

I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at...

I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at the same time, but on win10 only the LAN will connect.Each adapter is connected through a different connection, LAN one, WIFI on another device.But win10 will only connect on one or the other when first booting the pc, I have to manually connect the WIFI to get both to work at the same time.Also, the LAN connection seems to be very slow, on a 200MBPS connection, I am only getting a 50MBPS download, WIFI is actually faster.The networks are not binded.

:)

kjl1956, Oct 11, 2021
  2. bettz Win User

Wireless Network Adapter Help grrrrr!!

Yes it worked fine before connecting to wifi etc.I don't recall seeing the Ralink adapter on the laptop before tho.Under Network Adapters i have installed
    Ralink RT2500 Wireless LAN Card
    Realtek RTL8139/810x Family Fast Ethernet NIC

bettz, Oct 11, 2021
  3. Which network adapter?

My friend recently came over to my house with his laptop. Before I could connect him to my lan he detected several wireless networks in the area. I want to connect to these wireless networks, but I don't know what kind of adapter I need. I searched his laptop model and this is his network adapter http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/wireless/wireless_n/overview.htm

It seems he could get both N, and G signals

what would any of you guys suggest?

Network_guy, Oct 11, 2021
  4. I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at...

Cannot connect to wifi after upgrade to Windows 10

I had always expected a few glitches after doing an in-place upgrade from Win7 to Win10 (v21H1) on my Samsung RF511 laptop (which is a few years old but in theory capable of handling Win10). After sluggish boot-up and touchpad issues (raised in separate posts), this one is about wifi connection.

The problem is simple. No wifi. Ethernet (which uses a Realtek adapter) works fine, so my internet connection as such is good. When trying to make a wireless connection, the laptop running Win 10 "sees" the wifi link. The router is a Netgear, again not the latest model. It has WPA password-key protection. But running Win10 now, the laptop "can't connect".

The laptop has a Broadcom 802.11n network adapter. With Win7 before the upgrade, the wifi connection worked fine. When dual-booted into Linux Mint on the same machine, the wifi connection still works fine. This suggests that both the Netgear router and the Broadcom adapter hardware are operating properly. The only thing that has changed is the upgrade to Win 10.

I have run the Win10 wifi troubleshooter. I've done the standard steps it asks (switch the router off and on again...). It says there is a problem.... but offers no suggestions for how to solve it.

I have looked at the network adapter properties/drivers. The driver is v.5.100.82.95 which appears to date from 2011. It is said to be working properly. Windows Updates offers no more recent version, and trying 'update driver' in Device Manager brings the message that the installed driver is the right or best one.

The Broadcom support website is hopeless, but I did find, download and install a more recent driver - v.7.5.340.0 dated 2015. No solution - the wifi still will not connect.

A laptop that can only connect via ethernet hard-wiring is not very useful. So what else can I try in order to get a wifi connection?

br1anstorm, Oct 11, 2021
Thema:

I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at...

1. I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at... - Similar Threads - laptop has WIFI

2. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  3. Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wifi Network Connections - Network adapter miss: Hello all , i have a lenovo ideapad 110 , i have internet connections problems . I can`t connect to any wifi connections . I have prove to many solutions like Network Reset , Driver update , cmd promt , at control panel . it doesn`t work at all . If anyone can help me ?...
  4. Win7 network adapters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win7 network adapters: Having difficulty upgrading Win7 to Win10, believe issue is with network adapters, not sure which one. Under Device Manager, I'm seeing:Broadcom 802.11n Network AdapterMicrosoft Virtual WiFi Miniport AdapterRealtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Youtube video suggests this is the...
  5. Win7 network adapters

Win7 network adapters: Having difficulty upgrading Win7 to Win10, believe issue is with network adapters, not sure which one. Under Device Manager, I'm seeing:Broadcom 802.11n Network AdapterMicrosoft Virtual WiFi Miniport AdapterRealtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Youtube video suggests this is the...
  6. I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at...

I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at...: I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at the same time, but on win10 only the LAN will connect.Each adapter is connected through a different connection, LAN one, WIFI on another device.But win10 will only connect on one or the...
  7. I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at...: I have an HP g7 laptop it has WIFI and LAN adapters, on win7 both networks connect fine at the same time, but on win10 only the LAN will connect.Each adapter is connected through a different connection, LAN one, WIFI on another device.But win10 will only connect on one or the...
  8. I have a HP G7 laptop on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have a HP G7 laptop on Windows 10: I have HP G7 laptop on Windows 7 my AV receiver I get DTS audio , Dolby Digital Plus Dolby truehd and Dolby Digital put on Windows 10 on the same Hardware I only get DTS audio and Dolby Digital this is running through an HDMI connection to my AV receiver I would like to know...
  9. Network drivers both wifi and lan were not working in windows 10.There is no way connecting...

Network drivers both wifi and lan were not working in windows 10.There is no way connecting...: There is no ethernet and wifi option showing up in network and sharing in settings and home screen. I have uninstalled restarted my windows many a times.But nothing is working. Nothing shows up when i tried ipconfig. There is a caution symbol visible in network in device...
  10. Unstable Wifi connection, but LAN is absolutely fine

Unstable Wifi connection, but LAN is absolutely fine: Hi Have been trying to fix this problem myself for a while now but it has got unworkable and I just can't figure it out. I have two computers in the house - desktop is connected to router (D-Link DIR-655) via Cat5e, laptop via wifi. I work from home a lot and the...