Windows 10: I have an hp laptop and my neighbor has given me his network name and password he is only...

Discus and support I have an hp laptop and my neighbor has given me his network name and password he is only... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can connect to my neighbors wireless network with my phone and note pad but i just installed windows 10 on my hp 15-f223wm laptop and can not see his... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by cmimngrwv, Jun 1, 2019.

1. cmimngrwv Win User

I have an hp laptop and my neighbor has given me his network name and password he is only...

I can connect to my neighbors wireless network with my phone and note pad but i just installed windows 10 on my hp 15-f223wm laptop and can not see his network as available on it,! What can I do to resolve this problem.?

:)

cmimngrwv, Jun 1, 2019
  2. MCK
    mck Win User

How can I find the password for my Windows 10 laptop?

I found a solution to my problem. What I did was:
    1. Open Network & Sharing Center on the laptop.
    2. Click "Change advanced sharing settings"
    3. Expand the "All Networks" item.
    4. Change "Password protected sharing" from On to Off.

Now when I click my laptop name in File Explorer > Networks, it just shows my shared folder without asking for a network credentials password. This is how it used to work before.

Hope this helps others,

3. DaveM121 Win User
    bad neighbor

On the back of your WiFi router is a label with the following:

• An IP Address in the form of: XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX (e.g. 192.148.121.121)
    • A User Name
    • A Password

• On your PC or Laptop, open a web browser and enter the IP address into the address bar of the browser
    • This will bring up the settings page for your router
    • Enter the User Name and Password
    • Then change both the user name and the password

Your neighbour should now not be able to access your network or any devices on it

You will however, have to sign in your devices again onto your WiFi using the new password . . .

DaveM121, Jun 1, 2019
  4. I have an hp laptop and my neighbor has given me his network name and password he is only...

Can't access drives on computers on network

I am on a new HP Pavilion laptop running Windows 10. I also have the following on my network, sharing the same domain.

• Laptop running Windows 7
    • Laptop running Windows 10
    • Desktop running Windows XP
    • HP Deskjet printer

I can see the laptops and the printer on the network, and I can access and use the printer. But I cannot access the laptop drives. I am asked for the name and password for each device, but when entered, they are not accepted

What suggestions can you offer?

SonoRimaggio, Jun 1, 2019
Thema:

I have an hp laptop and my neighbor has given me his network name and password he is only...

1. I have an hp laptop and my neighbor has given me his network name and password he is only... - Similar Threads - laptop neighbor has

2. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  3. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My son forgot his password to login on his laptop: My son forgot his login on his laptop. How do i reset? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-son-forgot-his-password-to-login-on-his-laptop/bf7b1f19-09a7-41cf-83ef-3fffd112acd3
  4. My son forgot his password to login on his laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I recently retrieved a PC for my friend and it still has his account on it but he does not...

I recently retrieved a PC for my friend and it still has his account on it but he does not...: He gave me an old PC that he thought didn’t work anymore but it booted up and worked so when I tried to login, he did not know his password and I am stuck on the password screen...
  6. Newly hired and given an ex employees desktop. He was the admin and did not give his...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Newly hired and given an ex employees desktop. He was the admin and did not give his...: I have my own account on this desktop running windows 11. I recently tried to dowloan google chrome but was then prompted to enter the admins pin. I spoke to my boss who later contacted the ex eployee for the pin. He does not remember it. How can I either make myself an admin...
  7. Newly hired and given an ex employees desktop. He was the admin and did not give his...

Newly hired and given an ex employees desktop. He was the admin and did not give his...: I have my own account on this desktop running windows 11. I recently tried to dowloan google chrome but was then prompted to enter the admins pin. I spoke to my boss who later contacted the ex eployee for the pin. He does not remember it. How can I either make myself an admin...
  8. I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have acquired my father in laws computer when he passed away but I dont know his password...: When my father in law passed away I was given his pc but I do not have his password to get in and clean the drives. Can I clean the computer without having to sign in ? Any help greatly appreciated Richard...
  9. My 74 year old dad is in another state and he has forgotten his password/security question....

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My 74 year old dad is in another state and he has forgotten his password/security question....: He isn't technical savvy at all. I tried to have him put in different variations of his password. Different capitalizations, etc. It's the only sign in name on the laptop. I tried to make sure he wasn't accidentally depressing a key somewhere or leaving caps lock on. (I think...
  10. This computer was given to me, I don't know Barry Piggots password. He is my brother in law.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    This computer was given to me, I don't know Barry Piggots password. He is my brother in law.: This computer was given to me, I don't know Barry Piggots password. He is my brother in law. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/this-computer-was-given-to-me-i-dont-know-barry/88a68152-f59d-4320-8b43-1e8a64594b55"