Windows 10: I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, how can I make it work with Windows10 Laptop?

Discus and support I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, how can I make it work with Windows10 Laptop? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, and no software lost. I would like use it with my HP Envy Laptop. Who can teacher me what to do.ThanksJoseph... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jlu13256, Jul 20, 2022.

1. jlu13256 Win User

I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, how can I make it work with Windows10 Laptop?

I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, and no software lost. I would like use it with my HP Envy Laptop. Who can teacher me what to do.ThanksJoseph

:)

jlu13256, Jul 20, 2022

2. laptop DVD drive not appearing on windows?

Well my cousin is coming down soon with his laptop to get his DVD drive fixed because on my computers his DVD drive isn't appeared on the list,he can eject his DVD drive but it doesn't appear on windows..anyone know how to fix this?? would entering bios help?? would i be able to format it?

kurosagi01, Jul 20, 2022
  3. Optical Drive (CD/DVD) not detected by Windows 10

I know this has been asked in the community many times already by others, and i have tried all of those fixes. Nothing works for me. My laptop is a new Lenovo e560. The cd/dvd drive is detected in the BIOS - can even boot with another bootable DVD.

Steps already tried:

• LowerFilters & UpperFilters strings removed from under registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318} and rebooted the laptop.

• Added Controller0 key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\atapi\ and added a DWORD
      EnumDevice1 with value 1, and rebooted the laptop.

• In Device Manager, clicked View->Show Hidden Objects, expanded the
      DVD/CDROM Devices and uninstalled my DVD drive from the list. It never got detected or installed after a reboot - it's gone now, cannot see it anymore.

• In Device Manager, expanded IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers. But the only thing here is
      Intel 6th Generation Core Processor Family Platform I/O SATA AHCI controller. There is nothing else there - no ATA Channel 0 or ATA Channel 1 (things that have been suggested to be deleted on other posts regarding this issue). So I uninstalled
      the SATA AHCI controller and rebooted. It just reinstalled it automatically. But no CD/DVD drive yet.

• In Device Manager, scanned for new hardware.

• And yes, I already ran the Hardware Troubleshooter.

I've gotten these above steps from the following posts:

Those helped a lot of people (try those first if you are having the same issue). But as you can guess none of those steps helped me, hence creation of this post.

TousifSaleh, Jul 20, 2022
  4. C_C
    c_C Win User

DVD Drive issues.

The games used to run, now apparently the disks don't even read.

Go to Device Manager and remove the DVD
    Scan for hardware changes and update driver as OS suggests

Still not working?

1) Clean the heads.
    2) Run a diagnostic program on the drive.

Nothing else has changed about your system aside from the OS?

Revert to XP Home, assuming you don't find the source of the problem in steps above.

Thema:

1. I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, how can I make it work with Windows10 Laptop? - Similar Threads - Magic DVD drive

2. how can I transfer my Greetings Workshop to a laptop with no DVD drawer? I have the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can I transfer my Greetings Workshop to a laptop with no DVD drawer? I have the...: how can I transfer my Greetings Workshop to a laptop with no DVD drawer? I have the product ID#. How can I set it up on my new laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-can-i-transfer-my-greetings-workshop-to-a/08e54c72-9f42-434f-b36d-d8a210dca26c
  3. I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, how can I make it work with Windows10 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, how can I make it work with Windows10 Laptop?: I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, and no software lost. I would like use it with my HP Envy Laptop. Who can teacher me what to do.ThanksJoseph https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-io-magic-dvd-drive-how-can-i-make-it/4d27f666-1ff2-4eb0-8504-44331fc6e172
  4. I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, how can I make it work with Windows10 Laptop?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, how can I make it work with Windows10 Laptop?: I have an I/O Magic DVD drive, and no software lost. I would like use it with my HP Envy Laptop. Who can teacher me what to do.ThanksJoseph https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-an-io-magic-dvd-drive-how-can-i-make-it/4d27f666-1ff2-4eb0-8504-44331fc6e172
  5. How to fix I/O errors with DVD drive in windows 10?

How to fix I/O errors with DVD drive in windows 10?: I think i pooped my DVD drive. So. Ive been trying to fix this for a couple months, and cant find a fix. like it says in the title, when I try to access my DVD drive in windows 10, i get an I/O error. It knows its there. when I take it out it does that notification...
  6. I have problem with dvd drive.

I have problem with dvd drive.: i can't find dvd rw drive in file explorer.there is no cd/dvd drive in device manager.please help me to solve this. my system Acer Aspire E5-511-P1RJ wndows 10 home intel pentium quad core processor....
  7. I/O Magic CD Drive not opening

I/O Magic CD Drive not opening: Hello, About 3-4 years ago I bought an I/O Magic USB CD Drive and wanted to use it yesterday, however when I plugged it in and pressed the eject button, nothing happened, I could hear it trying to push out the tray, but eventually it gave up. When I use a paper clip to pull...
  8. I have a laptop with DOS, how do I get windows10 on it?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have a laptop with DOS, how do I get windows10 on it?: I have a laptop with DOS, how do I get windows10 on it? Habe Laptop mit DOS, wie bekomme ich windows10 drauf?
  9. how can I make a bootable dvd so I can install a new hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    how can I make a bootable dvd so I can install a new hard drive: How do I make a bootable dvd so I can remove my current hard drive and replace it with a new one. I have a complete image of the current drive on another backup drive but when I remove this current hard drive and install the new one I can not get the back up hard drive to...
  10. An external I/O magic dvdmulti-recorder RW dosen't work

An external I/O magic dvdmulti-recorder RW dosen't work: I give up! this surface pro from Microsoft is pretty cool , but not having a dvd player attached kind of sucks . But I got an external dvd player and theirs no plug n play feature? I even went into the command promp and it didn't have the upper or lower filters . I've tried...