Windows 10: I have an installed DVD player in Win 10. Nothing happens when I insert a DVD

Discus and support I have an installed DVD player in Win 10. Nothing happens when I insert a DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Have DVD player on Win 10. Nothing happens when a DVD is inserted. Help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HERBERTDERMAN, Dec 20, 2018.

1. I have an installed DVD player in Win 10. Nothing happens when I insert a DVD

Have DVD player on Win 10. Nothing happens when a DVD is inserted. Help!

:)

HERBERTDERMAN, Dec 20, 2018
  2. KKMISHRA Win User

dvd player is asking for insert disk while disk is already inserted

I upgraded to Win 10 back in July but have never tried to play a DVD until today.

When I insert a DVD: Windows DVD player fires up and asks me to insert a dvd and then, after a few seconds, closes down.

I have tried to fire up Windows DVD player first and then insert the DVD into the drive, but the same thing happens.

I figure the system "sees" the drive as it appears in the device manager list and I can play CD's but not the DVD.

KKMISHRA, Dec 20, 2018
  3. DVD PLAYER NOT WORKING

Original Title: DVD PLAYER

SEQUENCE:

Plug in ASUS DVD player to ASUS ZENBOOK.

Insert DVD.

Device found and working. DVD spinning and TITLE recognised and listed in bar.

POP UP: Tap to choose what happens with DVD films.

I tap and the choices are FIND A NEW DVD APP IN STORE or TAKE NO ACTION.

I already have WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER , WINDOWS 10 FILM & TV and QUICKTIME installed but am NOT given a choice of which player to use.

I have tried setting all three as default with no effect.

The driver for the player is working - or the disc would not be recognised.

No other fault is being flagged: no error codes or suggestions.

This is a new laptop with WINDOWS 10 pre installed. I've had updates in the last few days so I can't see that anything is missing.

At a loss.

SICKTOTHE BACK TEETHWITHMICROSOFT, Dec 20, 2018
  4. I have an installed DVD player in Win 10. Nothing happens when I insert a DVD

win 10 dvd media player

to whom it may concern. I having problems with playing DVD.

nothing happens. I brought a window DVD player when I insert the DVD, it tells me the following ,TRY AGAIN OR RESTART.

NOT SURE WHAT HAPPENED HERE. OX8004027D I TRID A NUMBER OF TIMES NOTHING HAPPENS .

SO I REINSTALL WIN 10 DVD MEDIA PLAYER THE SAME RESULTS NOTHING ,CAN YOU PLEASE ASSIST ME WITH THIS PROBLEM .THANKS

betsymolina, Dec 20, 2018
Thema:

I have an installed DVD player in Win 10. Nothing happens when I insert a DVD

1. I have an installed DVD player in Win 10. Nothing happens when I insert a DVD - Similar Threads - installed DVD player

2. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  3. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted: My external DVD player is detected on Windows 10 when plugged in, but when I insert a CD or DVD it keeps disconnecting and reconnecting with no reason. I have a Microsoft Surface Pro 3 with only one usb port. It actually worked the first time I used it, but now it doesn't if...
  4. External DVD player disconnects when CD/DVD is inserted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Have a CD-DVD on this PC that when inserted, blinks and nothing

Have a CD-DVD on this PC that when inserted, blinks and nothing: I have a Windows 10 PCHP Compaq Desktop newly refurbished from AmazonAll updates presentI've never used the CD Rom drive. I put in a program CD and the green light blinks. It never goes beyond that. I never get a pop up for what to do with the CD.I have tired numerous...
  6. WIN 10 DVD player

WIN 10 DVD player: Will play audio CDs and computer software, but not videos. Will not work with Windows Any Player-did before but stopped working. Cleaning optical drive didn't help. error message unable to open MRL "dvd///D:/"...
  7. setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted

setting a default dvd player when a dvd is inserted: Ok. Here's the deal. Please read this carefully, as I am not talking about file types, I am talking about disk types. Windows 7 had a feature that would detect the content of any removable media placed in an optical drive and would ask you what to do with it. In Fact, it...
  8. Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I insert DVD does not play.

Have microsoft dvd player downloaded but when I insert DVD does not play.: Bought Microsoft DVD player downloaded but will not play my DVD home movies. Says something about finding or wrong 'D' Path? But does play one that I insert that was copied from USB to DVD okay?...
  9. DVD Player will not install

DVD Player will not install: Microsoft store sees my PC as a device but when I try to install DVD player that I paid $14.99 for it tells me there is no device to install it on? My DVD player worked just fine with Windows media player with Windows 7 but now with Windows 10 I have to buy DVD player and it...
  10. when i click burn(to a dvd in windows 10) nothing happens?

when i click burn(to a dvd in windows 10) nothing happens?: when i click burn(to a dvd in windows 10) nothing happens? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/when-i-click-burnto-a-dvd-in-windows-10-nothing/cc81f1d9-e5f0-42ce-b8d9-ad463a85d141

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what happens when a dvd is inserted

2. what happens when i insert dvd

3. when inserting dvd nothing happens