Windows 10: I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

Discus and support I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; So I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn the mobile hotspot on, there is no internet access on my laptop LENOVO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Dennis Meidiane1, Jun 14, 2022.

1. I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

So I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn the mobile hotspot on, there is no internet access on my laptop LENOVO IDEAPAD 310. But there is an internet access from my phone a device which is connected to the mobile hotspot from my laptop.

:)

Dennis Meidiane1, Jun 14, 2022

2. Mobile Hotspot - No Internet Connection

Hi Charlie,

I tried the first two methods the link recommended.

In the case of the first method, I couldn't get past step 1.8 (Selecting 802.11 or whatever) as there wasn't any item on the list that had anything near that name.

The second way didn't work either. I followed all the given steps up until step 2.8, at which point the drop down menu I had had no "WLAN" option. The "Wifi" option resulted in the issue not being corrected at all (my phone still says there's no internet
    connection) and selecting "Ethernet" resulted in the computer telling me there was no way to set up a mobile hotspot at all as I wasn't connected to Wifi or Ethernet.

JamesHyndes, Jun 14, 2022
  3. I want to Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share your Internet Connection

Turn My PC Into WiFi Hotspot and Share my Internet Connection

I have done steps 1 and 2 (see below) and were carried out successfully. However, cannot carryout steps 3, 4 and 5. cant't seem to find them as indicted in windows 10.

• Step 1: Go To Window icon and Search for “Command Prompt” and run it as administrator.
    • Step 2: Now, to create a Hosted Network and start it, just enter the following two command into Command Prompt and Press Enter:
    • 1. netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=Mashnol key=Mashnol123
    • 2. netsh wlan start hostednetwork
    • : Now one Hosted Network ( ssid=”Mashnol”) is created.
    • Step 3 For this, Right Click on “WiFi” tray icon on taskbar –> Go To “Open Network and Sharing Centre”. Here you can see “LAN” with your SSID.
    • Step 4: Right Click on the Ethernet/Wireless Internet connection to which you want to make as a WiFi hotspot –> “Properties” –> Under “Sharing” Tab–> Tick Checkbox “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection”
      –> Now select “LAN” of your SSID from Drop Down Menu in “Home Networking Connection”.
    • Step 5: Setting part is done. Now you can connect your Mobile or other PC systems with this WiFi hotspot and enjoy Internet connection.

thanks

lifespan1000, Jun 14, 2022
  4. TSee Win User

I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

Wifi Mobile Hotspot enabled but get 'No Internet Connection' on iPhone

At work, I use the 'Wifi Mobile Hotspot' to connect my phone to the internet, off the PC which is running Windows 10. It has been working fine for years. Then, one day my phone stops connecting to the internet, even though it picks up the computer's hotspot and the internet is working fine on the computer and the mobile hotspot is enabled. See screenshot. What could have happened? I didn't make any changes to the wifi settings but there is someone else who has access to this computer who may have done something mysterious! Unlikely though.
    Thanks in advance I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,... :)

Thema:

I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

1. I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,... - Similar Threads - internet connection through

2. Internet Connection stops when Mobile Hotspot is turned on

in Windows 10 News
    Internet Connection stops when Mobile Hotspot is turned on: [ATTACH]If your internet connection stops when the mobile hotspot is turned on, then this post may be able to help you. There are several reasons why Windows 11/10 PC stops the internet connection right after turning on the mobile hotspot. This article elaborates on most...
  3. Internet unavailable when I turned on mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Internet unavailable when I turned on mobile hotspot: I use LAN daily for my internet uses on laptop. I also use the mobile hotspot feature on windows for my smartphone. However, a few days ago, there is no internet access all of a sudden on my laptop. However, my smartphone can still access internet through the mobile hotspot...
  4. Internet unavailable when I turned on mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet unavailable when I turned on mobile hotspot: I use LAN daily for my internet uses on laptop. I also use the mobile hotspot feature on windows for my smartphone. However, a few days ago, there is no internet access all of a sudden on my laptop. However, my smartphone can still access internet through the mobile hotspot...
  5. Internet unavailable when I turned on mobile hotspot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Ethernet connection problem when Wifi/Hotspot turns on.: Hey guys, Since the June17 update I have a very specific issue. I use a LAN cable for internet connection and I always used to hotspot my laptop connection to my my phone without any problems. Since the update, when I turn my laptop wifi/hotspot feature on, the connection on...
  7. Internet connection stops when mobile hotspot is turned on

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet connection stops when mobile hotspot is turned on: My desktop is connected to the internet through Ethernet cable and works normal, but when i turn on the mobile hotspot to share internet to my other devices i can only access google website from my desktop but the mobile hotspot works perfectly i can access internet/ other...
  8. Internet connection stops when mobile hotspot is turned on

Internet connection stops when mobile hotspot is turned on: My desktop is connected to the internet through Ethernet cable and works normal, but when i turn on the mobile hotspot to share internet to my other devices i can only access google website from my desktop but the mobile hotspot works perfectly i can access internet/ other...
  9. I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...: So I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn the mobile hotspot on, there is no internet access on my laptop LENOVO IDEAPAD 310. But there is an internet access from my phone a device which is connected to the mobile hotspot from my laptop....
  10. I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn mobile hotspot on,...: So I have an internet connection through WiFi and Ethernet, but when I turn the mobile hotspot on, there is no internet access on my laptop LENOVO IDEAPAD 310. But there is an internet access from my phone a device which is connected to the mobile hotspot from my laptop....