Windows 10: I have an issue where every time I tell my computer to sleep, doesn't go into sleep mode

Discus and support I have an issue where every time I tell my computer to sleep, doesn't go into sleep mode in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; All of my tabs on Chrome and Edge are closed and anything I was working on in Word or Ppt needs to be recovered and reopened. I make saves of all my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Paul_T_46, Mar 9, 2020.

1. Paul_T_46 Win User

I have an issue where every time I tell my computer to sleep, doesn't go into sleep mode

All of my tabs on Chrome and Edge are closed and anything I was working on in Word or Ppt needs to be recovered and reopened. I make saves of all my documents and Chrome/Edge restart from where they left off but having to constantly reopen things is fairly new. I used to be able to close the lid and be sure all my progress would stay where it is.

I have every setting set to sleep and have disabled Hibernate on everything I could find. This started a couple of weeks ago and am only now asking for help as every solution I've seen hasn't helped.

Thank you in advanced for help

:)

Paul_T_46, Mar 9, 2020

2. Sleep mode

Hi Adam,

For us to better assist with your issue on sleep mode, we'd like to ask a few questions.

• Have you made any updates to your computer before experiencing this issue?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this thread and follow the answer of Andre
    Da Costa to troubleshoot the issue with sleep mode missing.

You can also refer to this article that was
    created by Andre Da Costa to enable sleep mode.

Looking forward to you response.

Reymichael Ros, Mar 9, 2020
  3. My Win 10 computer does not goes into sleep mode

Hello comunity please help me with this issue

I have a Lenovo laptop with Win 10, since a couple of month ago, I´m having one issue, my computer doesn´t goes into sleep mode, when i click on sleep in the power options it seems to go into sleep, but it does it for a couple of minutes, and then the computer
    comes backs on.

Plesa help me, I don´t know what to do, I use sleep mode alot

JaimeSifontes, Mar 9, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

I have an issue where every time I tell my computer to sleep, doesn't go into sleep mode

Hibernate mode Vs Sleep Vs Hybrid sleep.

I use sleep and hybrid sleep all the time on my workstations and laptops. No complaints in all honesty. I like the faster resume times, and really have no stability issues, and on my UPS I see 1-2W load on my main gaming PC while in sleep mode. I can live with that. *Big Grin I have an issue where every time I tell my computer to sleep, doesn't go into sleep mode :D

Kursah, Mar 9, 2020
Thema:

1. I have an issue where every time I tell my computer to sleep, doesn't go into sleep mode - Similar Threads - issue where every

2. Computer will not go into sleep mode

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Computer will not go into sleep mode: Please Help!!! My HP All In One 24-f0xx will not go into sleep mode by itself. The hard drive keeps running. If you select power then sleep that function works. I have updated all the drivers and changed the sleep mode option No Help. I have also ran SFC no issues found. In...
  3. Screen doesn't go into sleep mode

Screen doesn't go into sleep mode: My screen doesn't go into sleep mode even though the settings are set. I tried changing settings and rebooting but screen stays on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-doesnt-go-into-sleep-mode/98d2c93d-e3a5-4bd8-be0f-79b2d6f38627
  4. Computer will not go into sleep mode

Computer will not go into sleep mode: Computer will not go into sleep mode. I have tried everything and adjusted everything and it will not sleep. The monitor does go into sleep mode, but the computer will not. I have adjusted all the settings in power and sleep section and nothing works. This just started a few...
  5. Computer doesn't go to sleep

Computer doesn't go to sleep: Greetings, My computer is no longer going to sleep by itself. I can force it to sleep by clicking Start > Power > Sleep, but I would like to find why sleep mode is no longer working and fix it. I ran System File Checker. It said "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt...
  6. My computer doesn't go to sleep

My computer doesn't go to sleep: hey guys, so i'm having a weird issue with my machine. it works great, i actually just reinstalled windows about two weeks ago but it seems the sleep doesn't work. what i mean is going to sleep after 20 minutes, turning off display, not even the screen saver works. things i...
  7. computer going into sleep mode,

computer going into sleep mode,: I have to reboot to fix. Lexapro PC goes black in the middle of working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-going-into-sleep-mode/1b3ee20d-4486-45a2-a519-08daef97d341
  8. Issue with the application and computer going to sleep mode

Issue with the application and computer going to sleep mode: It all the sudden maximizes itself. Often. Even when I'm actively using another app. And at the same time, the computer has started to sleep. Even when I'm actively using it. Which is the real problem. It does not seem to sleep as often if I leave the mail app open....
  9. Laptop not going into sleep mode at times

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop not going into sleep mode at times: I've created a shortcut to put my computer to sleep. This will work a number of times then when I go to wake it up, I find the computer has completely shut down. I noticed the Power Button was giving me the same grief so I switched the Power Button from shutting down to...
  10. Computer doesn't go to sleep!

in Windows 10 Support
    Computer doesn't go to sleep!: Hi! My computer doesn't go to sleep. My monitor turn off as i want but the pc not rather, i notice that power consumption pass from 24W to 27-30W. Therefore i use Windows Performance analyzer and i find that after 100s, the process "logonUI.exe" start and use 2/3% of my...