Windows 10: I have an Issue with an System 32 file

Discus and support I have an Issue with an System 32 file in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] All started when I was doing an antivirus scan (with Kaspersky), it detected a file that was corrupt and I tried to to fix it, and after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/F4biio, Dec 29, 2020.

1. /u/F4biio Win User

I have an Issue with an System 32 file

I have an Issue with an System 32 file HeuZj9ENkqXl70IPOXBWVlAc2_fT7-LUeKJYwI-z-08.jpg

All started when I was doing an antivirus scan (with Kaspersky), it detected a file that was corrupt and I tried to to fix it, and after this, the normaliz.dll in the folder System32 didn't let me open applications, such as Epic Games Launcher, and all the Microsoft servicies in Windows. (Store, the main app for servicies...) Quick note: The Epic Games Launcher application was the one that let me know, that the normaliz.dll was doing something strange.

https://preview.redd.it/oee3a249078...bp&s=934e05d2f1cb6b14b66d053926dd41754ee87e67

So, my question is, why is this happening? What should I do?

submitted by /u/F4biio
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/F4biio, Dec 29, 2020

2. System 32 files/ programs runs for a while and disappears on Windows 10

Hi Konstantin,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing with the processes running on the operating system. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message/ error code of this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?
    • When exactly does this issue persists?

I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to sign-out from the current user account, restart the computer, resign-in and check with the status of this issue.

Step 2: I suggest you to run SFC scan and check if it helps.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files. If a
    Windows Resource Protection (WRP) file is missing or is corrupted, Windows may not behave as expected.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Step 3: Also, I suggest you to install all the pending updates on Windows 10.

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type
      updates
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on
      Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of this issue with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 29, 2020
  3. Files in System 32 do not work

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you are facing. I will certainly help you with this.

This issue may arise due to some accidently made change to system files or virus/malware infection. I suggest you to follow the below given methods and check if it helps:

Method 1:

If SFC scan is not working, I suggest you to try running DISM tool and check if it helps. To do so, kindly follow the following steps:

• Open command prompt by pressing Windows key + X and selecting “Command prompt admin”.
    • In command prompt, type the following commands and press Enter after each command:
    DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.

Method 2:

If issue persist, I suggest you to try running Startup repair from Advance boot option. It may ask you to insert the Installation DVD/USB while doing startup repair. You have to create an installation media for that. You may download an ISO from the below
    link:

Download Windows 10

(Refer to the section "Installing Windows 10 using the media creation tool " in the above article for creating the tool).

Once you have the installation media, follow the steps for Startup repair given in the below given link and check if it resolves the issue:

Windows Startup Settings:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/change-startup-settings-in-windows-10#v1h=tab02

Hope this information helps. Post back with updated issue details for further help.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

1. I have an Issue with an System 32 file - Similar Threads - Issue System file

2. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  3. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleted system 32 files: Hey i have a dell and someone told me to delete system32 file for better fps and i changed the administration of the file to my own account to try and delete and it might have deleted some file what do i do in this situation it just takes me to environment recovery? i have no...
  4. Deleted system 32 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Virus in system 32 file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virus in system 32 file: i got a virus on my pc with rufus i removed the program but it still has a file that i cannot delete in the folder system32 is there a way i can remove it. any thing i tried it says denied acsess. it also wont wlow me to resore my pc....
  6. Virus in system 32 file

Virus in system 32 file: i got a virus on my pc with rufus i removed the program but it still has a file that i cannot delete in the folder system32 is there a way i can remove it. any thing i tried it says denied acsess. it also wont wlow me to resore my pc....
  7. System 32 issue/BIOS issue?Hardware issue? System 32 issue led to a complete clean...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System 32 issue/BIOS issue?Hardware issue? System 32 issue led to a complete clean...: Hi, I am not knowledgeable about computers. All the solutions I have tried below are from googling.PC SpecsProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.80GHzInstalled RAM: 8GBSystem Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorGraphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 -...
  8. System 32 issue/BIOS issue?Hardware issue? System 32 issue led to a complete clean...

System 32 issue/BIOS issue?Hardware issue? System 32 issue led to a complete clean...: Hi, I am not knowledgeable about computers. All the solutions I have tried below are from googling.PC SpecsProcessor: IntelR CoreTM i5-3570K CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.80GHzInstalled RAM: 8GBSystem Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorGraphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970 -...
  9. System 32 issue/BIOS issue?Hardware issue? System 32 issue led to a complete clean...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  10. System 32 issues

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System 32 issues: Hi there I have literally just finished building my pc and I seem to be stuck in a restart loop when signing up to windows and I get a system 32 error message system 32 logfiles srt srttrail.txt I haven't got a previous state to load and don't know what to do someone please...