Windows 10: I have an Optiplex 760, and I need to upgrade it.

Discus and support I have an Optiplex 760, and I need to upgrade it. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I recently bought new computer, thinking it was of a newer year than 2009, which is how old my last computer was. I was wrong. I want to play... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DragonReader, Jan 12, 2019.

1. I have an Optiplex 760, and I need to upgrade it.

I recently bought new computer, thinking it was of a newer year than 2009, which is how old my last computer was. I was wrong. I want to play Minecraft, but whenever I try, this error pops up.

The game crashed whilst initializing game

Error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: GLFW error 65542: WGL: The driver does not appear to support OpenGL

Since I can't get a new computer to fix this problem, I would like to upgrade it so that it supports OpenGL and so I can play Minecraft.

How do I upgrade my computer, and what should I buy?

:)

DragonReader, Jan 12, 2019

2. My pc is a dell optiplex 760 came with windows 7, upgrading to 10, my dvd/disc drive doesn't work, there's no driver upgrade available. I need help switching back to 7

My pc is a dell optiplex 760 came with windows 7, upgrading to 10, my dvd/cd rom/disc drive won't work, there's no driver upgrade available, I need help switching back to 7, it's been over a month.

williamwight, Jan 12, 2019
  3. moesboy Win User
    upgrade for I-760 Samsung

I downloaded the upgrade for my Samsung I-760,so what was the big deal.I don't see any changes to my phone and I no it was done right.Now it say's windows 6.1.So what are the changes.Thanks

moesboy, Jan 12, 2019
  4. SimonEde Win User

I have an Optiplex 760, and I need to upgrade it.

Upgrade/update from Window 7 SP1 Pro 64-bit to Windows 10 fails (error 0xC1900101-0x20017 on Dell Optiplex 760 pc)

Hello

I am using a Dell OptiPlex 760 with Windows 7 SP1 Pro 64-bit, and my PC is up to date with all Windows Updates.

This query is for Microsoft Support - if you could help with this?...

I receive the message that I am eligible for the free Windows 10 upgrade, and that the Win10 upgrade advisor screen says that I am 'Good to go', and that my PC can run Windows 10, and that there are no compatibility issues with hardware/software.

I have tried a number of times to upgrade this Windows 7 to Windows 10, and using different methods, and I get the same error message every time:

• The upgrade seems to go through, it says installing Windows 10, gets to 100%, and then on the very first reboot that it does, I then get a blue screen that says to 'Choose your keyboard', and I choose 'United Kingdom'. That then takes me to another blue screen
      where it tells me to either shut down the PC or repair it, and so the install hasn't worked. Once the PC is shutdown & restarts, it tells me that the upgrade to Windows 10 has failed & that the system has been restored to its original state (Windows 7) with
      "Error 0xC1900101-0x20017. The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation".

After reading through various forums & feedback from people with similar problems, I tried the following changes when installing the upgrade to Windows 10 - all of these methods resulted in the exact same error message above:

• Uninstalled anti-virus software.
    • Went in to msconfig, and unchecked the 'load startup items' box, and in the 'services' tab I also disabled all non-ms services.
    • I tried installing the upgrade via Windows Update first, and chose to select to keep my files/apps.
    • I tried installing the upgrade via Windows Update, and chose to select to NOT keep any of my files/apps.
    • I downloaded the Windows 10 iso, using Media Creation, burnt to a DVD, and tried booting from the DVD straight in to the Windows 10 install. I tried an install of keeping my files/apps & NOT keeping them. Same result.
    • I tried all the above, and unplugged all my USB devices prior to doing it - so the only hardware attached to my PC was the internet (LAN connected to hub)/mouse (usb)/keyboard (usb)/monitor (display port on PC to dvi cable on monitor).
    • I tried again without the hardware, as above, and also disconnected the LAN cable throughout the install (so no internet, as I don't have wireless).
    • I tried deleting the $Windows BT folder, and clearing the files from the folder which contains the temporary install files, as is often recommended (I forget the name of that folder).

The one thing I haven't tried is to format my hard drive during the install - I don't remember getting the option to choose where to install Windows 10, and select a partition to be able to format it though etc...

My PC is:

• Dell OptiPlex 760
    • Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E7400 @ 2.80 GHz
    • 4GB RAM
    • Dell motherboard 0M863N, running the latest Bios version A16
    • Display adapter is Intel Q45/Q43 chipset
    • Internal hard drive 'WDC WD2500AVVS-62L2B0 ATA device

Any advice of what to try would be appreciated? This seems to be a common error message on upgrades...

Thanks, Simon

SimonEde, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

I have an Optiplex 760, and I need to upgrade it.

1. I have an Optiplex 760, and I need to upgrade it. - Similar Threads - Optiplex 760 need

2. I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro: I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for Remote Desktop. I have 11 Home now. It's asking for a product key - which I do not have. Even in the Microsoft Store I an unable to upgrade. Please help - thank you!!...
  3. I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro: I have a 365 account. I need to upgrade to Windows 11 Pro for Remote Desktop. I have 11 Home now. It's asking for a product key - which I do not have. Even in the Microsoft Store I an unable to upgrade. Please help - thank you!!...
  4. I have a g7 series that I need upgraded how do I go about it ?

I have a g7 series that I need upgraded how do I go about it ?: I have a g7 series hp pavilion. I need to upgrade it asap. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-g7-series-that-i-need-upgraded-how-do-i/73f5e7d7-3bd4-4a8f-913d-20f1f7527764
  5. I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10: Working with Gateway laptop. Windows is 8.1. Need help to upgrade to Win 10. Need technical assistance to upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-81-and-need-to-upgrade-to-10/4de0d8ed-d7e6-414f-966f-0d5f16eed5f1
  6. I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10

I have 8.1 and need to upgrade to 10: Working with Gateway laptop. Windows is 8.1. Need help to upgrade to Win 10. Need technical assistance to upgrade. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-81-and-need-to-upgrade-to-10/4de0d8ed-d7e6-414f-966f-0d5f16eed5f1
  7. Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040: I have a Dell Optiplex 7040 with TPM 1.2 enabled and see that I can upgrade it to TPM 2.0 but it still has an Intell Core i7-6700 CPU that prevents me from upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Can the CPU be added to the list of compatible processors and I be notified...
  8. Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040

Upgrade Dell Optiplex 7040: I have a Dell Optiplex 7040 with TPM 1.2 enabled and see that I can upgrade it to TPM 2.0 but it still has an Intell Core i7-6700 CPU that prevents me from upgrading from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Can the CPU be added to the list of compatible processors and I be notified...
  9. Do I Need to Upgrade ??

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Do I Need to Upgrade ??: Ok So i am Pleased with my home version but i keep hearing u should upgrade why and what are the benefits and who needs pro Thanks 115304
  10. I Need A Graphic Card! Dell OptiPlex 755 DT

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    I Need A Graphic Card! Dell OptiPlex 755 DT: I am currently in the hunt for a good graphic card and its near impossible for me to find! Help me out please. I have a Dell OptiPlex 755 DT version (slim) Specs: 4gb ram 2.33 ghz windows 10 and will this one work ->MSI N610-2GD3H / LP - Graphics Card | Alza.co.uk...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. How do I upgrade to Window 10 on Dell OptiPlex 760 ...