Windows 10: I have an ssd drive and I want to stop automatic maintence.

Discus and support I have an ssd drive and I want to stop automatic maintence. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; How do I stop automatic maintenance in win 10? I don't want to defrag my ssd.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidKidd1, Sep 24, 2019.

1. I have an ssd drive and I want to stop automatic maintence.

How do I stop automatic maintenance in win 10? I don't want to defrag my ssd.

:)

DavidKidd1, Sep 24, 2019

2. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 24, 2019
  3. jbunch07 Win User
    Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile I have an ssd drive and I want to stop automatic maintence. :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 24, 2019
  4. topgundcp Win User

I have an ssd drive and I want to stop automatic maintence.

Cloning to SSD then swapping drive letters

@SamHobbs
    What you want done is very simple and can be done in short period of time. Here's my suggestion:
    There's 2 modes that Windows can be installed: UEFI and the old legacy MBR. Open Disk Management, look at the disk where your C drive is, if there's a
    1. EFI System Partition, your Windows was installed using UEFI.
    2. System Reserved partition, your Windows was installed using MBR
    Next, Connect your SSD to an available Sata port (no need to format or do anything). Download: Macrium Reflect Free . Install and run. Follow the steps below:
    1. From Macrium, click on image this disk under your C drive and save it to either an Internal or External Drive. This will create a single backup image of the whole disk containing your C drive.
    2. Again, from Macrium, click on Restore tab and select the image created from step 1, Select your SSD as the destination drive, click Next->Finish
    3. Exit Macrium. If your Windows was installed using MBR, Open disk management and make sure the SSD is marked "Active" else go to next step.
    4. Shutdown your PC. Disconnect the HD containing Windows C drive then connect your SSD to it.
    5. Reboot. Your PC should boot and the Windows should have C as the drive letter.

NOTE: The procedure above is to backup your Windows to an image file then copy it back to the SSD. This ensures proper cluster size aligment for the SSD. In addition, Macrium also perform Trimming for the SSD. This is more preferable than cloning.

topgundcp, Sep 24, 2019
Thema:

I have an ssd drive and I want to stop automatic maintence.

1. I have an ssd drive and I want to stop automatic maintence. - Similar Threads - ssd drive stop

2. I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.: I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD. What is the best way to do this? Do I clone the laptop SSD to the larger one via an external case and then install the larger SSD in the laptop?...
  3. I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.: I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD. What is the best way to do this? Do I clone the laptop SSD to the larger one via an external case and then install the larger SSD in the laptop?...
  4. I have a laptop with one SSD slot. I want to upgrade to a larger SSD.

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. I have windows on SSD and HDD want to SSD for running windows.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have windows on SSD and HDD want to SSD for running windows.: I have windows 11 and HDD by default. 1 year ago I installed SSD and throughout the year I am using windows on SSD after windows update windows is running on HDD. I want to run windows on SSD....
  6. I have windows on SSD and HDD want to SSD for running windows.

I have windows on SSD and HDD want to SSD for running windows.: I have windows 11 and HDD by default. 1 year ago I installed SSD and throughout the year I am using windows on SSD after windows update windows is running on HDD. I want to run windows on SSD....
  7. I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and...: I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and delete all files and documents from it, leaving only Windows. I want the HDD to remain unchanged, so that all documents remain on it after formatting the SSD. I have windows 10 pro...
  8. I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and...

I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and...: I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and delete all files and documents from it, leaving only Windows. I want the HDD to remain unchanged, so that all documents remain on it after formatting the SSD. I have windows 10 pro...
  9. I have two hard drives in my laptop, SSD and HDD. I want to format Windows on my SSD and...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. Security and Maintence

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Security and Maintence: Need some help on this issue. If I haven't selected the correct category/topics, please move and advise. I'm using an HP desktop with I7-3820@3.69 GHz, Win 10, MS Edge. For the last 2-3 days, when I turn in, I always get the alert shown in the attachment. I've tried all I...