Windows 10: I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine

Discus and support I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi. I have this problem where I see another user with the same full name as mine but that user doesn't actually exist in my user list since I am the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by tariquack, Apr 18, 2023.

1. tariquack Win User

I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine

Hi. I have this problem where I see another user with the same full name as mine but that user doesn't actually exist in my user list since I am the only one that uses the pc. I tried netplwiz but did not work. Also, there is nothing I can do with the properties of my user.

:)

tariquack, Apr 18, 2023
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Switch user from lock screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to switch user from lock screen. I’ll certainly help you with the steps.

Once you lock the computer, to switch from one user account to another from the lock screen, select the user name from the list of available users at the bottom left of the sign-in screen, enter the credentials to sign-in.

Below is a screenshot of lock screen for reference:

I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine c2a15387-8165-46f6-8ab0-904d80af2e1b?upload=true.jpg

However, if you wish to switch user without locking the computer, refer the steps mentioned in the article

How to switch users (accounts) in Windows 10

Let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to help you.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 18, 2023
  3. Windows 10 Lock screen - "Other user" option missing User name and Password fields

This is seen on domain joined Windows 10 Enterprise 2016 LTSB

Under some circumstances clicking the "Other user" option at the lock screen with a user logged in will not display the User name and Password fields. Using tab and enter to select the current user then "Other user" will make them display. Has anybody else
    seen this issue?

Full repo instructions. There may be a quicker way to get into this state, but this is consistent:

• Have User1 logged in
    • Lock the screen
    • Enter an empty password 6 times for User1
    • Windows will display "Welcome..." message for a few seconds, then "The password is incorrect. Try again."
    • Clicking ok will go to the "Press Ctrl+Alt+Delete to unlock" screen
    • Click "Other user"
    • Username and Password fields are missing
    To get out of this state:

• Press Tab untill User1 is highlighted
    • Press Enter
    • Press Tab until "Other user" is highlighted
    • Press Enter
    • User name and Password fields are now displayed

ChrisEvansXU, Apr 18, 2023
  4. I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine

Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Apr 18, 2023
Thema:

I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine

1. I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine - Similar Threads - another user lock

2. In the lock screen / log-in screen, Windows shows GUEST USER as the user name while I am...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    In the lock screen / log-in screen, Windows shows GUEST USER as the user name while I am...: I have recently reset my Windows machine.In the lock screen / log-in screen, Windows shows GUEST USER as the user name while I am logged with my microsoft email.How can I change it so it shows my actual Microsoft live username which is my real full name?Thanks a lot for any...
  3. I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine: Hi. I have this problem where I see another user with the same full name as mine but that user doesn't actually exist in my user list since I am the only one that uses the pc. I tried netplwiz but did not work. Also, there is nothing I can do with the properties of my user....
  4. I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have another user in lock screen with same name as mine: Hi. I have this problem where I see another user with the same full name as mine but that user doesn't actually exist in my user list since I am the only one that uses the pc. I tried netplwiz but did not work. Also, there is nothing I can do with the properties of my user....
  5. lock screen name is different then mine

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    lock screen name is different then mine: when i log into my laptop its under my dads name and not mine, i never entered his name so i dont know why its his not minehow do i change it to mine...
  6. C:\Users\ name is not mine. Why, and can I fix?

in Windows 10 Customization
    C:\Users\ name is not mine. Why, and can I fix?: I'm working on a network computer. Our IT guy is a volunteer. He set things so that I can see all the email sent to my predecessors in my position, which is helpful. However, he's made some changes recently with some upgrades so we can work remotely, which require that I set...
  7. Two User Accounts with same name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Two User Accounts with same name: Hi everyone, I'm well aware that this topic was posted multiple times. However non of the so far provided solutions worked for me. Two days ago I reinstalled windows. During the installation process my computer had no internet connection, so I created a local account. Later...
  8. lock screen name

in Windows 10 Customization
    lock screen name: my lockscreen name is coming up wrong....I went through the steps to correct it but it hasn't changed on the lock screen. everywhere else it seems fine...Anyone know what I might be missing? Thanks!...
  9. User name under C is not the same as the Account name

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    User name under C is not the same as the Account name: We recently bought my husband a new computer. We put in his name, which is Collins as the account name. However, when I go to the C drive his user name shows up as Colli. Is there a way to Change that....
  10. Lock Screen Name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Lock Screen Name: When the builder of my pc built it, they just programmed the pc to say GAMER when I login, and now I can't find a place to change it in the settings, or in my Microsoft account settings. Any suggestions?...