Windows 10: I have been assigned a Temporary profile after the upgrade to windows 10 1903 from 1803.

Discus and support I have been assigned a Temporary profile after the upgrade to windows 10 1903 from 1803. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Having gone round in circles trying to connect with the UK MS to speak to a human being and failing, can someone help in solving how to get out of this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Oldplodman, Aug 16, 2019.

1. I have been assigned a Temporary profile after the upgrade to windows 10 1903 from 1803.

Having gone round in circles trying to connect with the UK MS to speak to a human being and failing, can someone help in solving how to get out of this account and back to my full admin account that I had before this disastrous upgrade. Every time I try to alter the account back I seem to get another temp file logged on. Virtual Technician is hopeless in understanding my question.

:)

Oldplodman, Aug 16, 2019

2. Temporary profile assigned on Windows 10

When I restart my computer it opens with my home screen as the administrator on Windows 10.

It has the box to enter the PIN. when I enter the PIN it comes up with a screen which says 'Oops there is a problem'.

There is then a screen which aske to set up a PIN.

There is then another 'Oops something went wrong screen with a link to 'skip for now'.

I then enter my password and it opens up.

A pop up window appears which says 'you have been assigned a temporary profile and cannot access files'.

From looking on the help section in my account it says a temporary profile is assigned if there is spam or illegal activity.

I have no idea why this should be.

I have no access to my files and my home screen with favourites has gone.

Can you help?

IanGemmell, Aug 16, 2019
  3. Windows 10 temporary profile error?

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are facing issue in editing some settings from a temporary profile. You need to login to your original (Administrator) profile to change those settings.

I would suggest you to change the account type to administrator, if it is not and see if it helps. Try the steps provided below to change the account type.

• Login with the temporary profile.
    • Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel from the list.
    • Select Large icons from the view by drop down menu.
    • Click on User Accounts.
    • Click on Change Account type.
    • Select Administrator radio button and click OK.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Aug 16, 2019
  4. I have been assigned a Temporary profile after the upgrade to windows 10 1903 from 1803.

signed in with temporary profile windows 10

Hi Alan,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with Temporary profile. I will certainly help you.

To assist you better, let us know from which version of Windows you upgraded to Windows 10? Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8.1 update?

I suggest you to refer to below link on “find lost files after upgrading to Windows 10” and go to the option
    Check to see if you’re signed in with a temporary profile.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12386/windows-10-find-lost-files-after-update

I also suggest you to create a new user account and check if it helps.

Please follow the below mentioned steps to create a new user account:

• Press Windows logo key +
      I
      key to open Settings.

• Select Accounts, click on
      Family & other people
      in the left pane.

• Under Other users, select
      Add someone else to this PC.

• Enter a name for the new account. If you wish create a password, and verify the password, add a password hint, then select
      Next.

• Select Finish.
    Note: As you are logged in temporary profile be sure to copy everything you worked on to an external drive/flash drive because it will be deleted when you sign out.

Please get back to us if you still face any difficulty with your Windows 10 login profile. We will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Mayank_Bhiwal, Aug 16, 2019
Thema:

I have been assigned a Temporary profile after the upgrade to windows 10 1903 from 1803.

1. I have been assigned a Temporary profile after the upgrade to windows 10 1903 from 1803. - Similar Threads - been assigned Temporary

2. I have been login to temporary profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    I have been login to temporary profile: I had just finished uninstalling a program and it recommended restarting to clear up loose files. But when I did that, the next time I logged in it was like a new setup. None of the apps that I had on my task bar were there. Microsoft Edge was acting like a brand new...
  3. You have been logged in with a temporary profile

in Windows 10 Customization
    You have been logged in with a temporary profile: Hello, Few days ago I had a problem in my windows 10. Suddenly, I lost my personnel data like the data stored in the browsers, and apps like Photos and Calculator have stopped to work. When I run the Windows troubleshooter, the message " You have been logged in with a...
  4. I can't upgrade from Windows 10 1803 to 1903.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't upgrade from Windows 10 1803 to 1903.: I have tried dozens of times to update my HP laptop from Windows 10 1803 to 1903. I've tried various fixes described in different forums. Each time it fails with the same error, 0x800707e7. Looking at the log it appears to be failing at the 1st migration stage. My laptop...
  5. Issue upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903

Issue upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903: Hello, I'm trying to update to 1903 before support ends for 1803. I keep running into an issue where my update will run fine until the update reaches 60% and then fails as "Windows could not configure one more components" and I have to restart, after which it rolls back the...
  6. Upgrading from Win 10 1803 to 1903

Upgrading from Win 10 1803 to 1903: HI I have been trying to upgrade my PC to Windows 10 1903 from 1803. I have tried from the Windows 10 upgrade assistant and from the Media tool with no success.The process is complaining that one or more devices are not compatible or device drivers are not available and...
  7. Issues Upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903

Issues Upgrading from Windows 10 1803 to 1903: So I am having issues with upgrading to 1903. I have tried installing from the an ISO. I disabled my network adapters and turned off my third party antivirus and malware programs. I get to 60 percent, after multiple restarts, and get the error "Windows could not configure one...
  8. Stuck on Temporary Profile after updating to Windows 10 1903

Stuck on Temporary Profile after updating to Windows 10 1903: So yesterday, I decided to finally update my Windows 10. It was been recommended by the laptop for a few days now, so I decided to do it. After a pretty lengthy amount of time has passed, it was finished. I let it load and boom! Popped up a message saying "unable to load...
  9. Cannot upgrade Windows 10 from 1803 to 1903

Cannot upgrade Windows 10 from 1803 to 1903: Trying to make Upgrade from iso, from 1803 to 1903, based on Insider Preview 18362.30, failed with an error: We couln't install Windows 10 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation In the logs...
  10. Cannot upgrade Windows 10 from 1803 to 1903

Cannot upgrade Windows 10 from 1803 to 1903: Trying to make Upgrade from iso, from 1803 to 1903, based on Insider Preview 18362.30, failed with an error: We couln't install Windows 10 0xC1900101 - 0x30018 The installation failed in the FIRST_BOOT phase with an error during SYSPREP_SPECIALIZE operation In the logs...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 1903 temporary profile reddit

2. user profile temporary after upgrade to version 1903

3. how to delete temporary profile after window update 1903

4. after upgrade windows 1903 login with temp user profile,
  5. windows 1903 temporary profile after update