Windows 10: I have been bluescreened into oblivion for the past few days (details inside)

Discus and support I have been bluescreened into oblivion for the past few days (details inside) in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, So, this all started a few days ago. I was playing something on a monitor, and watching YouTube on the other. All of a sudden I got a BSOD.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LyteSpawn, May 27, 2019.

1. LyteSpawn Win User

I have been bluescreened into oblivion for the past few days (details inside)

Hi there,

So, this all started a few days ago. I was playing something on a monitor, and watching YouTube on the other. All of a sudden I got a BSOD. I can't remember the error code but, from then on, I just kept getting bluescreened to death, every time with another error message. It got to a point where I just simply couldn't use my PC, as I was getting them every 5-10 minutes. Eventually I managed to do a clean uninstall of my GPU drivers, and I installed the newest version, after which the crashes stopped for a while, but it seems they resumed again, and this time it's even worse. I'd attach the minidump files, but the PC is currently stuck in a BSOD loop. I'll see if I can get to them.

:)

LyteSpawn, May 27, 2019
  2. BossDweeb Win User

Oblivion on windows 10

Oblivion is notorious for crashing, on all versions of Windows. It does run as well on Win10 as it has

on previous versions of Windows, but also has all the old issues, and perhaps a few new ones.

I have not found a need to use any Compatibility setting though.

- The error to the effect that Oblivion needs to close has also been a common issue with the game, since forever and with all versions

of Windows. It often even occurs when you have exited the game intentionally, but I don't recall the possibilities

for this error when launching the game.

I just ran the game a couple of times and got this error on closing, but after switching to my integrated graphics

to verify the game runs without using a dedicated graphics card things got even worse (the new issue which

appeared after switching back to the dedicated graphics card ) and now when I exit the game my graphics driver crashes (black screen ) and I have to reboot. The game still closes normally on Win7 though.

[ EDIT: ( next day ) I don't know why the crash on exit has suddenly started on Win10, but what I have to do

to keep the game from crashing my system on exit is to

first exit to the Main Menu. Then minimise the game with
    Alt + TAB. Then close the game from the taskbar tab,

or open it again and close it from the Main Menu.

Note that this game is also prone to crashing after Alt + TAB , but as we are wanting to exit anyway, and it does

not result in a locked up system, this can be done as well. ]

- I suggest you post on the Nexus forums to get up to date information on issues that may be specific to

WIn10.

The Nexus Forums (Powered by Invision Power Board)

However...

"I got the mods I want and stuff ...gets through the whole logo"

Specifics and details may be helpful, so when you post there leave out the angst and stick to the details.

Also list the fixes you have already tried so you don't have to read them again, as you may do below.

Meanwhile lets see if we can get something started...

- What brand and model graphics processor does you machine use ?

- Are you able to open the Oblivion Launcher setup screen ? If so what options are you selecting ?

- Have you patched the game ? Note that there are two English versions of the official Oblivion patch, UK and USA .

You need to use the patch version that matches the disks region.

Once the game is patched you need to get it running before installing anything else.

- Once the game is running, install the most recent Unofficial patch and Mod Manager.

Make sure the game is still OK before installing any mods.

The safest bet is to create a quick character and play through the sewers. You can change the character details

before exiting the sewers if the game runs well up to that point.

Then you can start in on adding mods safely.

- There are fixes for several other issues in the game. I don't recall all of them, but one was that when crouching

the textures went black. I think this was indoors only and applied only to Nvidia, and may not be necessary these days. (I'm still running the same install from years ago on Win7, so I don't recall details ).

btw - Corrupted saves are also a big issue, and using any of the automatic saves options tends to either crash

the game or corrupt the save. However, Oblivion is prone to crashing at any time. Save manually, and often.

BossDweeb, May 27, 2019
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Oblivion item list/spell list

In this .zip are the oblivion item list and spell list. The spell list is rather complete, unlike some you may find. These are not my work, just a bit of copy/paste work.

If you see more than one spell or item in the list, it's a leveled spell or item. As they go down in the list they get stronger.

4. JATownes Win User

Best thermal paste

Most decent thermal paste is about all the same (1-2 degree difference). Without knowing the two listed, (I use MX-2), I would suggest going with the one that is non-conductive.

JATownes, May 27, 2019
Thema:

1. I have been bluescreened into oblivion for the past few days (details inside) - Similar Threads - been bluescreened oblivion

2. I have been getting a Critical Structure Corruption BSOD on the daily for the past few days.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been getting a Critical Structure Corruption BSOD on the daily for the past few days.: I ran a game called ark survival evolved and it crashed my pc pretty hard, with repeated crashes one after another for about an hour or so, then the pc started to run again. Unfortunately, it started blue screening again and again no matter what I tried. I have run most...
  3. I have been getting a Critical Structure Corruption BSOD on the daily for the past few days.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been getting a Critical Structure Corruption BSOD on the daily for the past few days.: I ran a game called ark survival evolved and it crashed my pc pretty hard, with repeated crashes one after another for about an hour or so, then the pc started to run again. Unfortunately, it started blue screening again and again no matter what I tried. I have run most...
  4. I have been getting a Critical Structure Corruption BSOD on the daily for the past few days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...: There is more than just these apps by the way, wayyy more. What causes this / how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-apps-have-been-saying-they-are-installing/6d0cf065-2590-4eb2-8a20-107e2fd4170a
  6. These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...: There is more than just these apps by the way, wayyy more. What causes this / how can this be fixed? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/these-apps-have-been-saying-they-are-installing/6d0cf065-2590-4eb2-8a20-107e2fd4170a
  7. These apps have been saying they are "Installing" for the past few months. I have not been...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. I have been getting stop screens for the past few days.

I have been getting stop screens for the past few days.: I have been getting stop screens for the past few days. The stop codes have been KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT HANDLED. All list Ndu.sys as the issue. I've updated the network driver, but still have the problem. Any...
  9. Been having BSODs over the past few weeks.

Been having BSODs over the past few weeks.: Hello. Several BSODs over the past few weeks. It *seems* related to connecting an MP3 player via USB port to transfer files. In any case I've attached the V2 log collection. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Windows 10 Version 2004 (OS Build 19041.746) 173323
  10. For the past few days I have been trying to reset my pc because I have a lot of junk on...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    For the past few days I have been trying to reset my pc because I have a lot of junk on...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Fraist14 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ghppyq/for_the_past_few_days_i_have_been_trying_to_reset/