Windows 10: i have been getting BSOD after playing some games for randome amount of time

Discus and support i have been getting BSOD after playing some games for randome amount of time in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have use whocrashed to know the cause but to no avail so i used windbg to read the dump .but i didn't understand what to do my specs are win 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by moha252, Dec 17, 2018.

1. moha252 Win User

i have been getting BSOD after playing some games for randome amount of time

i have use whocrashed to know the cause but to no avail
    so i used windbg to read the dump .but i didn't understand what to do
    my specs are win 10
    gpu 1060
    ga 990 fxa-d3 mother bord

this is the memory dump i got

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Loading Dump File [C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP]

Kernel Bitmap Dump File: Kernel address space is available, User address space may not be available.

Symbol search path is: srv*

Executable search path is:

Windows 10 Kernel Version 17134 MP (****0b}

Followup: MachineOwner

---------

:)

moha252, Dec 17, 2018

2. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

Here you have:

Virtual Memory

i have been getting BSOD after playing some games for randome amount of time [​IMG]

Startup and recovery

i have been getting BSOD after playing some games for randome amount of time [​IMG]

Adangonsol, Dec 17, 2018
  3. BSOD at random times, most frequently while playing games

Hi

1) Disable driver updates of non-Microsoft drivers
    Done
    2) Find an older driver on the Nvidia website (make sure it is different than the driver that has misbehaved x 2)
    NVIDIA
    Done, I had version 390.77 and intalled 4 previous versions 388.59
    3) Uninstall using DDU
    Done
    4) Re-install making sure the clean install box is checked and install the PhysX driver if applicable.
    Done
    5) Measure the GPU temperature at idle and under load
    Done with Speccy. Idle - 32C to 34C, under load from 60C to 63C (Had a BSOD, Driver Overran Stack Buffer)
    6) Reseat the GPU and check that all connections are securely made
    Done, actually my MotherBoard has 3 GPU Slots, I changed mine from 1 to 2.
    7) Check the BIOS 3.3, 5.0, and 12.0 voltage values
    I didn't get it so I get into BIOS and took some screenshots, here they are:

8) Check the CPU voltage and frequency
    Pictures above
    9) Make sure that there is no over clocking
    I've never changed anything there so I guess there's no overclocking10) If there is a recurrent NVidia BSOD see if you can find a friend, neighbor, relative, or local store to swap the Nvidia GPU card.
    Pending.
    11) When swapping cards there should be 2 tests performed:
    a) test the new card in this computer
    b) test the problematic card in another computer
    Pending.

12) Choose one of the temperature monitoring software applications: Speecy, HW monitor, Speed fan:Speccy - Free Download - Piriform: Speccy - System Information - Free
    I used speecy, temps are above.
    13) Please download and run the newest version of HWiNFO64 and post a screenshot of the "System Summary" window here.
    Done.

14) Please run
    Done.

Also, attaching new log collector and DMP file for newest BSOD (Driver Overran Stack Buffer).

Thank's.

Adangonsol, Dec 17, 2018
  4. i have been getting BSOD after playing some games for randome amount of time

BSOD When playing games

Hi Jackson,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

Please share the information requested below:

• Does the BSOD occur while playing a particular game?
    • Is the game downloaded from Windows Store?

I suggest you to update the Graphic Card drivers by following the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X, select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapters.
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.
    • Follow the on-screen prompts to update.

Refer the link below for more information:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/troubleshoot-blue-screen-errors

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 17, 2018
Thema:

i have been getting BSOD after playing some games for randome amount of time

1. i have been getting BSOD after playing some games for randome amount of time - Similar Threads - been getting BSOD

2. windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,

in Windows 10 Gaming
    windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,: Hi, so basically everytime i play a game on windows 10 the whole thing freezes after a random amount of time but i still manage to hear the sound normally while i cannot do anything else.What have i tried so far:-installed all windows 10 updates-updated and checked all my...
  3. windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,: Hi, so basically everytime i play a game on windows 10 the whole thing freezes after a random amount of time but i still manage to hear the sound normally while i cannot do anything else.What have i tried so far:-installed all windows 10 updates-updated and checked all my...
  4. windows 10 freeze when playing games after a random amount of time,

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time: I've been playing a game called Valorant and my PC started crashing more often than it used to I've tried everything including windows reset. reseating the RAM sticks updating drivers and windows my specs are. RTX 3060 12gb I5 11600k Z-490 A PRO motherboard16GB of DDR4...
  6. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time: I've been playing a game called Valorant and my PC started crashing more often than it used to I've tried everything including windows reset. reseating the RAM sticks updating drivers and windows my specs are. RTX 3060 12gb I5 11600k Z-490 A PRO motherboard16GB of DDR4...
  7. PC crashes after playing games for random amount of time

8. Getting random bsods when playing games

Getting random bsods when playing games: Hi guys, I am getting random bsods when i play games.I checked event viewer and it shows I got bugcheck 1001,1005 and kernel error 41.I brought my pc like 2 years ago.This problem is happening to me for like 1 or 2 months.Pls help me.I wanna get rid of it. PC SPECS:...
  9. Been getting a decent amount of BSOD

Been getting a decent amount of BSOD: Over the past couple of months I have gotten some BSOD. I ended up reformatting my computer to see if that helped but unfortunately it continued. I have no clue really what exactly is causing it and don't really know how to read bluescreen viewer. Any help would be great....
  10. Random BSODs over varied amounts of time

Random BSODs over varied amounts of time: I've been getting BSODs ever since i got this laptop one year ago, but I never actually got to what was causing them. I already did 8 passes of memtest and it found no errors, also did the driver verifier trick and it didn't crash, then sort of gave up on trying to fix it...