Windows 10: I have been getting unrequested verification codes from Microsoft for the last three days

Discus and support I have been getting unrequested verification codes from Microsoft for the last three days in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I believe someone is trying to gain access to my account. I tried checking account activity but only saw my own logins. I have several accounts tied to... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RKFB, Oct 4, 2020.

1. RKFB Win User

I have been getting unrequested verification codes from Microsoft for the last three days

I believe someone is trying to gain access to my account. I tried checking account activity but only saw my own logins. I have several accounts tied to my phone number and not sure which account they are trying to gain access to. Could Microsoft help me out?

:)

RKFB, Oct 4, 2020
  2. Sigune69 Win User

Unrequested verification codes

Dear all,

Since the beginning of this week I have received six unrequested verification codes via sms. Does that mean someone's been trying to hack my account? If so, what can I do about it?

Thanks in advance!

Best,

Sigune69, Oct 4, 2020
  3. Janette_Z Win User

Hi,
    Sigune69
    !

Thanks for reaching out to Microsoft Community and posting your inquiry. We understand your concern about the verification codes you received via SMS. Thanks for taking the time to let us know about this and allowing us to help
    you out here.

This depends on the message you received. There are some codes for password reset and this will let you know exactly what the code is for. There are some codes that is for verification purposes when reaching Microsoft Support for
    assistance. The message should let you know what code it is for. If possible, can you paste the content here so we can figure out what type of verification code you received? That way, we will be able to properly address your inquiry.

Looking forward for your response!

Kind regards,

Janette_Z, Oct 4, 2020
  4. Sigune69 Win User

I have been getting unrequested verification codes from Microsoft for the last three days

Hello, Janette!

Here comes the last one of those codes, received today

"712677

Use this code for Microsoft verification"

Sigune69, Oct 4, 2020
Thema:

1. I have been getting unrequested verification codes from Microsoft for the last three days - Similar Threads - been getting unrequested

2. Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit correctly but i m unable to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit correctly but i m unable to...: Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code-i-have-enter-the/733c1f5a-f929-4eec-9fe2-13f9560eb1c9
  3. Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit correctly but i m unable to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit correctly but i m unable to...: Not getting verification code I have enter the last four digit https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/not-getting-verification-code-i-have-enter-the/733c1f5a-f929-4eec-9fe2-13f9560eb1c9
  4. Every few days I receive an unrequested one-use code for my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Every few days I receive an unrequested one-use code for my Microsoft account.: Why do I receive these unrequested codes??"We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account. Your single-use code is: 7032964 If you didn't request this code, you can safely ignore this email. Someone else might have typed your email address...
  5. Every few days I receive an unrequested one-use code for my Microsoft account.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Every few days I receive an unrequested one-use code for my Microsoft account.: Why do I receive these unrequested codes??"We received your request for a single-use code to use with your Microsoft account. Your single-use code is: 7032964 If you didn't request this code, you can safely ignore this email. Someone else might have typed your email address...
  6. I keep getting unrequested verification codes sent to my phone number?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I keep getting unrequested verification codes sent to my phone number?: I have checked recent activity only saw my own activity and everything else suggested. I would like to know where this person is trying to access my account from. Its been 4-5 days and I keep getting verification codes sent to my phone, makes me feel uneasy that someone is...
  7. Started getting BSOD in the last three days.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Started getting BSOD in the last three days.: Hello, in the last three day I started getting BSOD. I'm a Windows 10 Pro 64 user. Here's the memory dump It's usually a ndu.sys issue, so I guess a network problem? But I didn't change anyhing in the past few months......
  8. Have not been able to sign into Microsoft Bingo for three days

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have not been able to sign into Microsoft Bingo for three days: Have not been able to sign into Microsoft Bingo for three days. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/have-not-been-able-to-sign-into-microsoft-bingo/b8ac1f22-9018-404e-a60d-4e05675875c3
  9. Annoying verification code every day

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Annoying verification code every day: Every night before I shut down my laptop I clear my Bing browser and every morning when I log into my Microsoft account I have to get a verification code by email even though I always check mark the don't ask on this device box. Is there a way to stop this jumping though...
  10. Unrequested access code

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Unrequested access code: I just received a text with an access code I did not request. I have made no changes Is my account safe? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/unrequested-access-code/e9951ea6-a504-46e4-9ee4-877303f5c94d