Windows 10: I have been hacked . Computer does not work

Discus and support I have been hacked . Computer does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received a phone call that my Windows 10 had expired from someone I thought was a legitimate Microsoft person. They said they could fix it because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MimiPoppe, Sep 5, 2018.

1. MimiPoppe Win User

I have been hacked . Computer does not work

I received a phone call that my Windows 10 had expired from someone I thought was a legitimate Microsoft person. They said they could fix it because I had been hacked & had a virus. So I did what they said & bought google play cards & scanned to them. Then they said those cards were wrong & wanted different ones - but that I did not do and now nothing works. PLEASE HELP.

:)

MimiPoppe, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Laronge Win User
    Hacked computer

My computer was hacked and I lost my admin rights. I tried doing a recovery, but that failed. Incomplete. Can't get to lock screen anymore

Any suggestions?

Laronge, Sep 5, 2018
  4. I have been hacked . Computer does not work

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

I have been hacked . Computer does not work

1. I have been hacked . Computer does not work - Similar Threads - been hacked Computer

2. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hacked?: I may have been hacking but my laptop has been lagging and when I turned it off and on it started diagnosig my pc which it always say it couldn't repair and I can't reset it or run a trouble shoot...nothing works I need help...
  3. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have I been hacked?: I may have been hacking but my laptop has been lagging and when I turned it off and on it started diagnosig my pc which it always say it couldn't repair and I can't reset it or run a trouble shoot...nothing works I need help...
  4. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hacked?: Hi! I was just using my laptop as normal watching YouTube when suddenly I seemed to lose control. The tabs Chrome froze and started flicking randomly, the mouse wouldn't move and a pop up window possible the start menu kept appearing and disappearing. I couldn't regain...
  5. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have I been hacked?: Hello, I am suspecting that my computer has been infected, well my two computers now as this is a clean install on this machine, but it was done with an usb stick which might have been corrupted. Would anyone be able to have a look at my scans and kindly offer an opinion? My...
  6. Have I been hacked?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Have I been hacked?: Hello, I am suspecting that my computer has been infected, well my two computers now as this is a clean install on this machine, but it was done with an usb stick which might have been corrupted. Would anyone be able to have a look at my scans and kindly offer an opinion? My...
  7. Have I been hacked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Have I been hacked: Every time I boot up my PC my antivirus blocks 3-4 'Win32/UACBypassExp.T!proc' I've tried to run an offline check but it didn't work. I am not typing in any sensitive information on my PC as there could be a keylogger or something if someone could give me some help that would...
  8. I have been hacked

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been hacked: Split from this thread. i have been hacked....and am still hacked....i tried to do everything myself but getting to some sites i get internet blocked so i called att and internet ok so the problem is here in my pc...i wanted to do a reset taking me back before this year but...
  9. I have been hacked

I have been hacked: Split from this thread.I use Standard because it is a home Computer it is not for School, Business I have a few games, Facebook that the hacker has taken over . I am the Owner of this Computer and I am SICK OF THIS THEY USE MY INTERNET AND THERE IS ABOUT 5-6 OF THEM. Thank...
  10. I Have been Hacked

I Have been Hacked: I have been completely hacked, the hacker is doing it by cloning or coding something, as i get the two factor auth sms back with either a star * substitued for the last number of either of my mobiles or an i i replacing the @ symbol when microsoft confirms your change with an...