Windows 10: I have been hacked . Computer does not work

Discus and support I have been hacked . Computer does not work in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I received a phone call that my Windows 10 had expired from someone I thought was a legitimate Microsoft person. They said they could fix it because I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MimiPoppe, Sep 5, 2018.

1. MimiPoppe Win User

I have been hacked . Computer does not work

I received a phone call that my Windows 10 had expired from someone I thought was a legitimate Microsoft person. They said they could fix it because I had been hacked & had a virus. So I did what they said & bought google play cards & scanned to them. Then they said those cards were wrong & wanted different ones - but that I did not do and now nothing works. PLEASE HELP.

:)

MimiPoppe, Sep 5, 2018
  2. Boatvan Win User

Did our Epson printer get hacked?

Another question, is this on a home network or a work network? The steps @eidairaman1 listed are always a good first step. If this is on a work network you manage, I'd be much more concerned than the home one. It is possible someone is screwing with you, but malware could also be the culprit.

Boatvan, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Laronge Win User
    Hacked computer

My computer was hacked and I lost my admin rights. I tried doing a recovery, but that failed. Incomplete. Can't get to lock screen anymore

Any suggestions?

Laronge, Sep 5, 2018
  4. I have been hacked . Computer does not work

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

I have been hacked . Computer does not work

1. I have been hacked . Computer does not work - Similar Threads - been hacked Computer

2. I have been hacked

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have been hacked: Two days ago I was in a public Discord and someone said he would down my router. He didn't get it, but today all browsers (chrome, edge, firefox) freeze without any reason and I don´t have internet. Any possible solution? submitted by /u/Juan_Sanz [link] [comments]...
  3. HAVE I BEEN HACKED? PLEASE SEE THIS!!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HAVE I BEEN HACKED? PLEASE SEE THIS!!: my teacher today on Microsoft Teams told us to download this program on our windows laptop/pc its called: ROBOMIND for a school project anyway when i was about to install it on my pc i saw this message: User Account Control Do you want to allow this app from an...
  4. What to do if I have been Hacked?

What to do if I have been Hacked?: what can i do to detect if someone edited my apps and condition.How could I enforce my security as well. [Original Title: hacked] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/what-to-do-if-i-have-been-hacked/06f974e1-1425-4c91-a556-60a0d4e46193
  5. I Have been Hacked

I Have been Hacked: I have been completely hacked, the hacker is doing it by cloning or coding something, as i get the two factor auth sms back with either a star * substitued for the last number of either of my mobiles or an i i replacing the @ symbol when microsoft confirms your change with an...
  6. I Have been Hacked

I Have been Hacked: I have been completely hacked, the hacker is doing it by cloning or coding something, as i get the two factor auth sms back with either a star * substitued for the last number of either of my mobiles or an i i replacing the @ symbol when microsoft confirms your change with an...
  7. I believe , I have been hacked

I believe , I have been hacked: I have an email from myself apparently, my router has been hacked and all my data will be sent if I don't pay what should I do [Original Title: hacked] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-believe-i-have-been-hacked/1d887f62-a9d3-4564-aea7-4f6a1b34c016
  8. Have I been hacked?

Have I been hacked?: I restarted my PC and then my lockscreen changed. My windows button no longer works and now there is a new user on my PC. It is defaultuser1 (22). They are using 101.3MB of memory. I can't delete them, either. I can delete myself, but not them. They are a local admin. What...
  9. Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!

Someone Called and said I have been Hacked!!: Split from this thread. I have a slightly different question concerning malware and hope you can give me some insight on it. A company called Cisco Hub called me advising me I had been hacked by someone from China, I was given an IP Address which I do not have now. They...
  10. I think , I have been Hacked

I think , I have been Hacked: Split from this thread. Microsoft is telling me that my PC is hacked and in danger. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/i-think-i-have-been-hacked/0aacc809-950d-4f11-96b6-8019e5983def