Windows 10: I have been having a problem with my pc, and I need assistance

Discus and support I have been having a problem with my pc, and I need assistance in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I reset my PC to try and remove files I didn't need anymore for a fresh start However, somewhere around 89% of the windows installation at the blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by The_Hells_Hunter, Dec 6, 2023.

1. I have been having a problem with my pc, and I need assistance

I reset my PC to try and remove files I didn't need anymore for a fresh start However, somewhere around 89% of the windows installation at the blue screen, it stalled and cut out, leading me back to the windows home screen with none of my peripherals functioningI then chose the option to remove everythingIt worked but I'm now stuck at the windows let's get started screen I also don't have any system restore pointsHere are the current options I tried:Hardbooted my PC multiple times Switched the ports of my peripherals such as keyboard and mouse Tried to reset my pc trying both options of removi

:)

The_Hells_Hunter, Dec 6, 2023

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 6, 2023
  3. I have just updated my PC's to windows 10

Hi Hugh,

In your first PC, you have mentioned that your disc drive is not recognized in File Explorer but is displayed in the Device Manager. This could occur if a drive letter is not assigned to the CD/DVD drive. I would suggest you to try assigning a drive letter
    to the disc drive and then check if it is displayed in the File Explorer. Press Windows key + X, click on 'Disk management' and then check if the disk drive is listed. If it is listed without a drive letter, right click on the drive and select 'Change drive
    letter and paths'. Click on 'Add' and then assign a drive letter that is not assigned for any other drives. Now, open File Explorer and check if the drive is listed.

In your second PC, you have mentioned that there is no sound. In this case, I would suggest you to try the steps suggested in this article and check:

Fix sound or audio problems in Windows - Microsoft Support

Try these steps and let us know the results for further assistance.

Bennet Martin, Dec 6, 2023
  4. wilhelm45 Win User

I have been having a problem with my pc, and I need assistance

Having periodic PC startup problems

Was not able to reply sooner because my periodic problem decided not to appear for a while. I tried your suggestion of holding down the power button 4-5 seconds and it worked. Problem is that this method did not cure my original problem, of course, but it did lessen the steps I have to take to get the computer to work properly. I am still hoping someone will have a solution other than wiping it clean then starting over again.

wilhelm45, Dec 6, 2023
Thema:

I have been having a problem with my pc, and I need assistance

1. I have been having a problem with my pc, and I need assistance - Similar Threads - been having problem

2. I have been having a problem with my pc, and I need assistance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been having a problem with my pc, and I need assistance: I reset my PC to try and remove files I didn't need anymore for a fresh start However, somewhere around 89% of the windows installation at the blue screen, it stalled and cut out, leading me back to the windows home screen with none of my peripherals functioningI then chose...
  3. I have been having a problem with my pc, and I need assistance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been having a problem with my pc, and I need assistance: I reset my PC to try and remove files I didn't need anymore for a fresh start However, somewhere around 89% of the windows installation at the blue screen, it stalled and cut out, leading me back to the windows home screen with none of my peripherals functioningI then chose...
  4. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i been having a problem with a virus: my windows defender as been juping me with a trojan alert with this name and similar C:\Users\hersz\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\3\Attachments\Swiftcopy.pdf[1423].html 2 times now i would like to know what is...
  5. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i been having a problem with a virus: my windows defender as been juping me with a trojan alert with this name and similar C:\Users\hersz\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\3\Attachments\Swiftcopy.pdf[1423].html 2 times now i would like to know what is...
  6. i been having a problem with a virus

7. I have a problem with my pc!

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    I have a problem with my pc!: can someone help me with this problem? when i turn on my pc, it direct me in the screen “install windows” if i click the button “Install” the pc install windows and when it’s done it restart automatically my pc and it direct me again in the same screen. If i try to click...
  8. I need assistance on my PC

I need assistance on my PC: WIFI cuts in the middle of connecting. I have laptop which does not have problem before but now when I connect wifi it will take some time to connect then does not connect at all. I have other laptop which does not have issue. I updated the driver and restart the router to...
  9. Help, i have been having problems with my keyboard recently

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help, i have been having problems with my keyboard recently: I can't seem to use the letter r or the semicolon, I also cant press backspace, I've had to resort to copy-pasting the letter r and highlighting the word I want to delete. This all started when I was playing Roblox phantom forces. This is a very annoying problem and I need...
  10. I think i have a virus. I need assistance.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I think i have a virus. I need assistance.: Hello everyone! My first post here *Smile So, i might have a virus on my laptop and i will need your help figuring it out. I found out about it by surprise,i just opened task manager and went to network activity to see whats accessing my internet and i found out that...