Windows 10: I have been having some problems which are really strange.

Discus and support I have been having some problems which are really strange. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So here are the problems im having i keep having updates i simply can't install first they seem to download just fine. but at some point they give some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by quintJ, May 9, 2020.

1. quintJ Win User

I have been having some problems which are really strange.

So here are the problems im having i keep having updates i simply can't install first they seem to download just fine.
    but at some point they give some error codes.

The other problem is that windows keeps reverting settings whenever i restart my computer for example i cleaned up my desktop folder and when i reboot my pc all the files that where deleted are back on the desktop. I feel like this happens with other things too like the folder explorer since every time that I add categories to the folder explorer for example Date changed these settings to get reverted whenever i turn my pc back on.

Also when I make programs turn of for booting up the pc these exact programs still boot up with windows itself.

Also another case is that I use a music making program called fl studio and theres this tab with recent projects but this also reverts back to default everytime i reboot up my pc.

Thanks in advance.

:)

quintJ, May 9, 2020

2. Strange Problem

WoW... you are persistent man! I would have given up by now, personally, & "NUKED IT FROM ORBIT" (repaving, AFTER backing up my personally created data if need be - IMPORTANT)... & did the system over again. Even if by GHOST images etc. for the sake of speed!

I am truly @ a loss, other than thinking you have a problem of spyware/malware/virus nature possibly... have you run a scan w/ those types of tools?

E.G.-> Tools like NOD32 (best antivirus there is imo now), AdAware/SpyBot (antispyware), OR even rootkit analyzers!

Best ones I know of are (in this last category):

• RootKit Revealer
    • Sophos AntiRootKit
    • AVG AntiRootkit
    • BitDefender AntiRootkit
    • Rootkit Buster
    • Rootkit Unhooker
    • AntiRootkit
    • GMER
    • Rootkit Hook Analyzer
    - all FREE too!

*Smile I have been having some problems which are really strange. :)

Give those a shot... also, HiJackThis (Edit) is another good one, to see the running processes you have going...

BUT, imo, msconfig can do JUST AS GOOD A JOB, & check what's screwing up on you, when combined with EventVwr.msc really... there, I would pay CLOSE attention to the time/date stamps & errmsgs in the SYSTEM &/or APPLICATION sections, noting problems... taskmgr.exe it seems you ARE using, noting CPU usage.

* Try that... analyze!

APK

P.S.=> It could be as simple as some background process trayicon app you are running that is messed up, or just does NOT 'mesh' w/ your patterns of use & other apps... apk

Alec§taar, May 9, 2020
  3. Sambat Win User
    Strange boot problem

I am trying to get my head round the 6 steps above before having a go. If you can expand on them it may give me a bit more confidence. I cant lose the whole contents of my PC.
    Have attached details as you suggested.

I have been having some problems which are really strange. [​IMG]

Sambat, May 9, 2020
  4. dalchina Win User

Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, May 9, 2020
Thema:

1. I have been having some problems which are really strange. - Similar Threads - been having problems

2. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    i been having a problem with a virus: my windows defender as been juping me with a trojan alert with this name and similar C:\Users\hersz\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\3\Attachments\Swiftcopy.pdf[1423].html 2 times now i would like to know what is...
  3. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i been having a problem with a virus: my windows defender as been juping me with a trojan alert with this name and similar C:\Users\hersz\AppData\Local\Packages\microsoft.windowscommunicationsapps_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\Files\S0\3\Attachments\Swiftcopy.pdf[1423].html 2 times now i would like to know what is...
  4. i been having a problem with a virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. I have been having strange administrative events. here's an example.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been having strange administrative events. here's an example.: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" /> <EventID>410</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  6. I have been having strange administrative events. here's an example.

I have been having strange administrative events. here's an example.: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-PnP" Guid="{9c205a39-1250-487d-abd7-e831c6290539}" /> <EventID>410</EventID> <Version>0</Version> <Level>4</Level> <Task>0</Task>...
  7. I have been having strange administrative events. here's an example.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. i have a strange bluetooth problem / win10

i have a strange bluetooth problem / win10: bluetooth problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-a-strange-bluetooth-problem-win10/a4e9cbc9-35c6-4a26-b684-38fd50b3f0ae
  9. "Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    "Some of your files have been affected by ranswomware" - which files?: Hi, I'm running Windows 10 and have 2 OneDrive accounts one business and one personal running on my machine. Upon waking my machine from hibernation I noticed that both OneDrive icons in the task window have red warning signs. I click each of them and the usual OneDrive...
  10. Been having some trouble

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Been having some trouble: [ATTACH] Hello, community. I am having a bit of trouble with trying to connect to my router settings through my Windows 10 laptop. I can access the router settings through my ipad but for some reason it gives me this page error when I try to connect to the 192.168 address...