Windows 10: I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...

Discus and support I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; so about yesterday when i was sitting on my pc i got a ping from avira saying that it had quartined a suspicious file that looked like a... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by callummortimer, May 28, 2019.

1. I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...

so about yesterday when i was sitting on my pc i got a ping from avira saying that it had quartined a suspicious file that looked like a CryptoMiner.gen so thinking nothing of it i did the rational thing and told avira to remove the malware and then went on with my day

an hour later my pc started slowing down, 2 hours later Microsoft Security essentials flared up saying my computer had a severe alert level threat, so i opened up Malwarebytes and run a scane and nothing, it says my systems in complete health, i run a quick scan with Avira, it says its detected a threat so i tell it to do a deep scan of my entire system, its been going for a good 9 hours now and still going strong so no luck on that end, and then i tried using Microsoft Security Essentials, ive had my pc a good 2ish years now so of course ive had a virus before but MSE squashed it within half an hour, however now im getting this error.

I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot... 886f24ad-4df3-477d-a0c3-cd5322f01665?upload=true.png

it looks fine till i saw the error and error msg, i have no clue how to fix this, my pc is more or less a potato at this point and i cannot do anything at all on it and im freaking out as i had a deadline in a week and i need to write up my bibliography and render a ton of stuff out in maya but i cant becouse Microsoft security essentials cant Remove the Trojan catagory virus becouse of an error message i cant find any help with.

if anyone has come across this before or has a fix for this it would be a godsend as i am afraid to turn on my pc at this point incase this virus damages critical files and wrecks my pc

:)

callummortimer, May 28, 2019

2. Microsoft Security Essentials

What is Microsoft Security Essentials?

TheLaughingMan, May 28, 2019
  3. NeilB2018 Win User
    Security Essential Not Removing Malware

My Security Essentials running under Windows 7 finds malware "Backdoor" but does not remove it. Just runs for hours with no result?

Any suggestions?

Thanks Neil

NeilB2018, May 28, 2019
  4. Le Boule Win User

I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...

Microsoft security essentials

How long have you been using MSE?

Have you scanned for malware? List
    of Malware Removal Tools

Assuming this is a recent install of MSE and your computer is not infected see the following:

Be sure you have removed all other security software from the PC.

Sometimes remnants of prior security software will cause issues with your current antivirus program. A possible reason
    for this problem is that you have conflicting security software still installed fully or partially on the PC.

Prior Security Software? McAfee, Norton, Spybot, Trend Micro? What about a trial version of an antivirus program that was pre-installed when the computer was purchased? If you reformatted/reinstalled the operating system
    did you also reinstall a trial version of a security program? Did you remove such programs to include using the appropriate removal tool (McAfee Removal Tool, Norton Removal Tool, etc) and then reboot the computer? List
    of anti-malware product removal tools

Recommend you review the following paying close attention to Common issues that can affect MSE: Microsoft
    Security Essentials Installation Checklist

Further information regarding MSE can be found at MSE
    Consolidated FAQ

If the above suggestions do not help or are not applicable to your situation, you may need
    to uninstall/reinstall MSE.

You should be able to remove MSE from Control Panel. Any problems uninstalling see: Uninstalling
    Microsoft Security Essentials

Recommend you restart the computer to ensure the uninstall is complete.

You can download a new MSE Installation File from http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/security-essentials-all-versions

If you cannot resolve your issue please post back in this thread with further information.

Regards…

http://blog.emsisoft.com/2015/01/27/top-10-ways-pups-sneak-onto-your-computer-and-how-to-avoid-them/

Le Boule, May 28, 2019
Thema:

I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot...

1. I have been infected with some sort of malware that Microsoft Security essentials cannot... - Similar Threads - been infected sort

2. Have some sort of malware - need help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Have some sort of malware - need help: Win 11.Just got this PC up and going 2 months ago. The security scans said I had Trojan:Win32/Skeeyah but it does not report that anymore in any of the malware products I have used.1. Emsisoft2. HitMan Pro3. Zemana ANtiMalware4. Combo Cleaner5. Windows Defender and...
  3. Invalid picture. I think I may have been infected with some malware.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Invalid picture. I think I may have been infected with some malware.: Hi I think I may have been infected with some malware I am using windows 10 I have been using a couple programs for a few years now Easypal and digi-sites Since getting windows updates on the 18/10/2022 When the pc has booted up I get an error box called EasyPalStart what...
  4. I have been infected with Malware .nile extension

I have been infected with Malware .nile extension: hi sir my system is showing all file in .nile format include my external hdd also. i cant open file please help [Original Title: virus]...
  5. I have been infected with Malware

I have been infected with Malware: hi sir my system is showing all file in .nile format include my external hdd also. i cant open file please help [Original Title: virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-been-infected-with-malware/a00689aa-7348-45fe-b5ad-85bf8fdb53b6
  6. I Have been Infected with Malware

I Have been Infected with Malware: I have a malware reimage on my pc10 how do I get rid of it ? [Original Title: windows security] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-been-infected-with-malware/91533175-5601-4883-890e-25471d9b4ed3
  7. I Have been Infected by Malware

I Have been Infected by Malware: So some malware got downloaded And Downloaded Chromium I wanted to remove it but it didn't let me can someone help me [Original Title: Malware] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-been-infected-by-malware/7bc81c3e-0ab7-4414-bd1f-cac1bce588f4
  8. I Have been Infected with Malware

I Have been Infected with Malware: Hello, does anyone know why at least once or twice every day, a popup wanting to update chromium appears in the command prompt window, an Internet Explorer shortcut appears on my desktop, and whenever I scan my computer with Malwarebytes and delete the stuff that's popping...
  9. I Have been Infected with Malware

I Have been Infected with Malware: Hi Chris again, I have found a folder in my Program Files x86 that is called Segurazo but when i try to delete this folder it says that I do not have the appropriate administrative permissions. I have only one user on this account as well so I do not know what is wrong. Can...
  10. I have Infected with Malware

I have Infected with Malware: My computer has recently become infected with Malware. It is OK for about 20 minutes after startup but then programs randomly start and the view zooms in. Grey spots appear on the left side of the screen where icons normally appear on Desktop. A few popup ads will...