Windows 10: I have been Infected with Support Scam

Discus and support I have been Infected with Support Scam in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a virus on my computer it only comes on when I try to read a story on a national web site. it comes on in red using up the hole monitor it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by GeraldCohn1, Aug 5, 2019.

1. I have been Infected with Support Scam

I have a virus on my computer it only comes on when I try to read a story on a national web site.

it comes on in red using up the hole monitor it says Microsoft teck support 1 800892 4357.

I went on line it said it was a virus. can I get rid of it ?

[Original Title: virus]

:)

GeraldCohn1, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Scam?

No, that's not a Microsoft phone number.

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Aug 5, 2019
  3. I have been Infected with Support Scam

Possible virus or scam

As already mentioned:

All these kind of pop-ups/alerts are fake warnings - scams. Never ever call these numbers.

Please read:
    Beware of Phony Tech Support Scams

Normally you just close your browser:
    https://blog.malwarebytes.com/threat-analysis/2014/11/psa-tech-support-scams-pop-ups-on-the-rise/

How to Open Windows Task Manager

You might want to run a quick scan with your Anti-Virus program.

In case you keep on getting these fake alerts:

Follow the steps provided here: Remove Tech Support Scam pop-up (Call For Support Scam)

Suggestion to read:

You might want to report this to Microsoft (but you don't have to):
    http://support.microsoft.com/reportascam

and you might want to watch:

Fake Tech Support Scams – video from the MS Digital Crimes Unit

Jsssssssss, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

I have been Infected with Support Scam

1. I have been Infected with Support Scam - Similar Threads - been Infected Support

2. I have been infected with Virus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have been infected with Virus: I have a virus Microsoft defender can not get rid of. [Original Title: virus] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-have-been-infected-with-virus/5686f3cd-b836-40c7-a4dc-3897d34d8125
  3. Support scam

Support scam: I recently asked Microsoft Support for help with a problem I was having with Outlook. I received one response and it was very helpful. The second response I received claimed to be from Microsoft Technical Support. It was obviously someone working from home as you could hear...
  4. I have been Infected with Virus

I have been Infected with Virus: I know this seems a bit stupid. I was trying to update a game. I opened the torrent and it created a number of ad pop-ups on my screen. I went into Task Manager and shut them all down by ending the tasks. I then proceeded to download AVG antivirus and scanned it multiple...
  5. I have infected with Virus

I have infected with Virus: I have this same virus happening on my Windows 10 like two or three time and NEVER STOPS. I don't download a lot of things, but it happens. It keeps on sending me notifications. It stopped now, but normally it would start up again and keep going. The sad part of this is even...
  6. Have I been scammed?

Have I been scammed?: Have I been scammed? My computer was running very slow and I kept getting a pop up window saying it has 5 drivers outdated with a help number, The advisor was very helpful and said I could update the 5 drivers for $39.99. As we got into downloading the drivers, he often...
  7. Is this a real Microsoft number?! Or have I been scammed?

Is this a real Microsoft number?! Or have I been scammed?: I found the following number online, listed as Microsoft support : 0800 026 0330. I was ringing in regards to my office product key which I am unable to read. Anyway, it first sounded like genuine call centre ( phones ringing in the background, others talking) but then...
  8. Support Scam

Support Scam: Hi, I have came across a support scam. I took a screenshot, then closed my browser in Task Manager, I couldn't do anything as it was prompting me for my username and password. Here's the image. [ATTACH]...
  9. I have been infected with Trojan

I have been infected with Trojan: Hi, I’m running Windows 7 Basic on my Netbook laptop. The taskeng.exe window kept randomly appearing so I ran a few different virus scanners and Malwarebytes found this: Trojan.MalPack, C:\USERS\VINCE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\VETHFFSS\ERDCJHUI.EXE and...
  10. HELP! Have I just been scammed??

HELP! Have I just been scammed??: Last night I got an alarm that said "Windows Immediate Action Alert & Alarm" complete with warning sounds. It said I needed to call 877.242.8595 immediately to work through this issue. My computer was acting up all day, screen turning milky white, freezing up, I couldn't get...