Windows 10: I have been infected with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Discus and support I have been infected with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft support, I have been noticing a few strange things that my surface pro is doing. Firstly, over the past months, my laptop has been slowing... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ryan Murphy20202020, Nov 5, 2020.

1. I have been infected with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Hi Microsoft support, I have been noticing a few strange things that my surface pro is doing. Firstly, over the past months, my laptop has been slowing down and sometimes when I restart the computer or turn it on, half of the screen goes another color. Here is a screen shot of the virus i get automatically.

VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

regkeyvalue: hklm\software\policies\microsoft\windows defender\\DisableAntiSpyware

can you please let me know why I have this virus all the time and what programme i need to use to prevent it.

best, Angela

[Original Title: Virus]

:)

Ryan Murphy20202020, Nov 5, 2020

2. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Hi there.

Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus:
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions:

a) Is it a memory-resident malware?

b) Is it launched in my computer startup?

c) Or is it activated when I run some software. How can I know which software is launching it? I guess that MSERT must know.

d) Where it is located?

e) How can I delete it?

f) FINALLY.......IS IT DANGEROUS? (For example, Is my computer safe to use it with my credit card payments)

Regards

Hernán Covarrubias

Mobile: +569 9870 3539

Private mail: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Hernan Cova, Nov 5, 2020
  3. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Hello I am an independent advisor for the Microsoft community. I did a quick search and found that this isn't actually a virus, it's actually Windows Defender notifying you about your settings. Here is the page with more info:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/threats/ma...

Abraham Andres Luna, Nov 5, 2020
  4. Le Boule Win User

I have been infected with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Le Boule, Nov 5, 2020
Thema:

I have been infected with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

1. I have been infected with VirTool:Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore - Similar Threads - been infected VirTool

2. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  3. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore issue: I am having an issue with my laptop. It is as if it is in a deepfreeze type state. When I install new software and restart, the installed software is not there after the restart. I have tried various anti-virus tools but as soon as I download them and install or run, they...
  4. VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    VirTool: Win32 / DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi.I have a fully up-to-date HP PAVILION laptop with Windows 11 HOME.I check for updates every day with Windows Update.The PC is protected with Malwarebytes Premium updated in the malware definitions several times a day; I always keep the Windows Defender virus definitions up...
  5. Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A

Windows Defender -VirTools Win32/ExcludeProc.D and Win32/ExcludeProc.A: Hi, for the past few days I've been getting notifications about VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.D and VirTool:Win32/ExcludeProc.A. I tried to remove them in windows defender but when I restart my laptop I get notification again. I tried using Malwarebytes and Avast but they are not...
  6. How can I Delete win32:Defendertamperingrestore?

How can I Delete win32:Defendertamperingrestore?: The Microsoft anti-virus detects it but can't remove it. I tried running every scan but that didn't work. I tried updating Windows but that didn't work either. I tried third-party anti virus but still didn't work. Sometimes my anti-virus detects it and sometimes it doesn't....
  7. I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday

I received warning for Win32/Defendertamperingrestore everyday: I downloaded a pivot animator 3 months earlier It also downloaded a AVG antivirus free trial version.i deleted the antivirus and the pivot animator.it turned off my windows defender.i backed it up by seeing a youtube video but after that i am getting this...
  8. Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore

Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore: Hi there. Anybody can help me with how to clean my computer from this virus: Win32/DefenderTamperingRestore Usually, when I run MSERT.exe it says that this virus was eliminated. But I have some questions: a Is it a memory-resident malware? b Is it launched in my computer...
  9. I have been infected

I have been infected: Well where do I begin I'll start with the apple iPhone xr software 12.4-1 that's been all over the news all over social media about it having a bug? Well that was after a half a dozen ppl downloaded the software on to there phones. In which it caused me to get Hacked. My...
  10. I have been infected with Trojan

I have been infected with Trojan: Hi, I’m running Windows 7 Basic on my Netbook laptop. The taskeng.exe window kept randomly appearing so I ran a few different virus scanners and Malwarebytes found this: Trojan.MalPack, C:\USERS\VINCE\APPDATA\ROAMING\MICROSOFT\WINDOWS\VETHFFSS\ERDCJHUI.EXE and...