Windows 10: I have been seeing this black bars around my screen recordings and don't know how to get...

Discus and support I have been seeing this black bars around my screen recordings and don't know how to get... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Please help me it is really effecting me and I really need some help!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Cadence Spence, Feb 2, 2021.

1. I have been seeing this black bars around my screen recordings and don't know how to get...

Please help me it is really effecting me and I really need some help!

:)

Cadence Spence, Feb 2, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Recordings from Game Bar show black screen

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that the recordings using the Game Bar shows black screen. However, it would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• Were you able to install the drivers?
    • Were you able to use the recording feature earlier?
    • Which build version of Windows 10 are you using currently? To check type:
      winver in the search bar on the Taskbar and hit
      Enter.

If you have updated the graphics driver, I would suggest you to try rolling back the drivers and see if that helps:

1. Press the Windows Logo key + X key, and select
      Device manager.
    2. In Device manager, expand Display adapters.
    3. Right click on AMD driver and select
      Properties.
    4. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to check whether the Xbox Game Monitoring service is running or not. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows Logo key + R, to open
      Run dialog box.
    2. Type services.msc and click on
      OK
    3. Scroll down and look for Xbox Game Monitoring, and see if the service is running.
    4. If the service is not running, right click on the service and select
      Start.

For additional information, see
    Troubleshoot Xbox Game Bar on Windows 10

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Feb 2, 2021
  3. renee1219 Win User
    Record and Take Screenshots with Game Bar in Windows 10

Crazzzzzyyyy quick question but can this be used for things other then apps and games. Such as a way to record a program or a browser for helping make tutorials. The way I understand "Snipping Tool" can take screen shots as well as custom cutouts of the screen your on. And the "Steps Recorder" records the steps taken and can also apply notes to the steps. But can the Game Bar record things like a tutorial steps. Like by recording your screen as a video rather then just steps. Like I said above Crazy Question.

renee1219, Feb 2, 2021
  4. Peer_Sam Win User

I have been seeing this black bars around my screen recordings and don't know how to get...

Black screen after Windows update.

Hi Crystel,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

• Were you able to get to the desktop screen after you restarted the system?
    • When the screen was blank, were you able to see the cursor on the screen?
    • Did you get any error code or error message?

Please get back to us with answers to above questions, for us to suggest the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

Meanwhile, I suggest to try the steps mentioned in the article below and let us know if it helps.

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors

We look forward for your reply.

Thanks,

Peer Samie

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Peer_Sam, Feb 2, 2021
Thema:

I have been seeing this black bars around my screen recordings and don't know how to get...

1. I have been seeing this black bars around my screen recordings and don't know how to get... - Similar Threads - been seeing black

2. I see my folders in OneDrive, but I don't know how to get them back.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I see my folders in OneDrive, but I don't know how to get them back.: My folders a gone from the PC File Explorer folder list, they are now in OneDrive. And I want them back, I don't know where the folders are supposed to go or how to get them there. I would rather backup to my own SSDs. Win 11 PC...
  3. I see my folders in OneDrive, but I don't know how to get them back.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I see my folders in OneDrive, but I don't know how to get them back.: My folders a gone from the PC File Explorer folder list, they are now in OneDrive. And I want them back, I don't know where the folders are supposed to go or how to get them there. I would rather backup to my own SSDs. Win 11 PC...
  4. I moved my "screen recorder" folder to an external memory, and I don't know how to reverse it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I moved my "screen recorder" folder to an external memory, and I don't know how to reverse it: Now my screen recordings are saved in a "users/temp" folder that contains a lot of other files. I have tried to create a new folder with the original name in the original location but with no success. The website only mentions how to move the folder, not how to create it...
  5. I moved my "screen recorder" folder to an external memory, and I don't know how to reverse it

I moved my "screen recorder" folder to an external memory, and I don't know how to reverse it: Now my screen recordings are saved in a "users/temp" folder that contains a lot of other files. I have tried to create a new folder with the original name in the original location but with no success. The website only mentions how to move the folder, not how to create it...
  6. i've been getting blue screens and i don't know how to resolve it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i've been getting blue screens and i don't know how to resolve it: Source: WindowsSummary: hardware errorDate: ‎1-‎12-‎2022 09:27Status: Not reportedDescription: a hardware problem caused windows to stop functioning properly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1ccParameter 1: ffffe3048d7813c8Parameter 2:...
  7. i've been getting blue screens and i don't know how to resolve it

i've been getting blue screens and i don't know how to resolve it: Source: WindowsSummary: hardware errorDate: ‎1-‎12-‎2022 09:27Status: Not reportedDescription: a hardware problem caused windows to stop functioning properly.Problem signatureProblem Event Name: LiveKernelEventCode: 1ccParameter 1: ffffe3048d7813c8Parameter 2:...
  8. Unclickable black triangle above Task Bar. Don't know how to get rid of it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unclickable black triangle above Task Bar. Don't know how to get rid of it.: I found a similar post from 3 years ago here, but that solution no longer applies. Can anyone figure this out? There is a black triangle (flat edge on top, pointy edged down) in the middle just above the task bar. It is unclickable, and in fact there is a larger (invisible)...
  9. I have this black search bar on top of my screen. How do I get rid of it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have this black search bar on top of my screen. How do I get rid of it?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/AlwaysAdam569 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/eg603x/i_have_this_black_search_bar_on_top_of_my_screen/
  10. Xbox game bar records as a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar records as a black screen: Half of the time when I am recording footage for a game (overwatch), the recording turns out to be a black screen when I view the mp4 file. I have looked at other forum posts on this, and it seems that this problem is largely unresolved for many people....