Windows 10: I have been stuck on "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" for weeks

Discus and support I have been stuck on "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" for weeks in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer has been stuck on the same screen for a very long time after I my power went out during a storm a few weeks back while restarting. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ErickOrtiz1, Sep 22, 2018.

1. I have been stuck on "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" for weeks

My computer has been stuck on the same screen for a very long time after I my power went out during a storm a few weeks back while restarting. I have tried turning it on every few days but it continues to display the same message:

The operating system did not shutdown cleanly.

Reconstructing Cache Metadata.

Please do not interrupt this process.

Reading Packed Metadata into memory... Done

Processing Delta Log record..................... 0

Writing updated Packed Materials............ Done

Creating the Segment/Index Pairs............ 100%

Total Number of Segment/Index Pairs... 1745376

Sorting Segment/Index Pairs phase 1...... 100%

Sorting Segment/Index Pairs phase 2...... 100%

Writing sorted Segment/Index Pairs......... Done

Total Heap Size......................................... 6820

Writing Segment Heap.............................. Done

This has happened before but usually resolves itself within a few minutes. But this time, no matter how long I wait, nothing will happen past this screen. I have let it sit there for hours but nothing happens.

BIOS Version: 1.0.9

Product Name: Dell XPS 8920

CPU Type: Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00 GHz

:)

ErickOrtiz1, Sep 22, 2018
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 23, 2018
  3. Marby Rey Win User
    Windows 10 stuck on loading operating system

Hi Joe,

It appears that there are some corrupted system files on your computer. We suggest that you try repairing your PC using a Windows 10 Bootable media. You can follow the steps provided by Yashwanth Kotakuri on this
    thread
    with a similar issue.

Feel free to send us your feedback at your convenience.

Marby Rey, Sep 23, 2018
  4. I have been stuck on "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" for weeks

system shutdown 0x8000200000000002

Hello,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I would suggest you to follow the steps under scenario 3: The system randomly restarts and no Stop error BugcheckCode is listed, or the computer is completely unresponsive (hard hang) in the article below. The steps check on different possibilities
    of this issue.

Windows Kernel event ID 41 error "The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first" in Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows Server 2012 R2, Windows Server 2012, Windows 7, or Windows Server 2008 R2

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2028504?wa=wsignin1.0#method3

(Information in this article is valid for Windows 10 as well).

Hope this helps. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Sep 23, 2018
Thema:

I have been stuck on "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" for weeks

1. I have been stuck on "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" for weeks - Similar Threads - been stuck operating

2. "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata": I am running windows 11 on my Asus vivobook s15 laptop, it has been working fine until 3 days ago when I tried to open my pc it started to show "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata" and sticks on that screen without doing anything. I...
  3. "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata": I am running windows 11 on my Asus vivobook s15 laptop, it has been working fine until 3 days ago when I tried to open my pc it started to show "The operating system didn't shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata" and sticks on that screen without doing anything. I...
  4. STUCK IN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STUCK IN OPERATING SYSTEM: Every time i restart me windows 10 computer it keeps popping up choose an operating system and i keepclicking windows 10 but it shows the loading the loading screen then goes back...
  5. STUCK IN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STUCK IN OPERATING SYSTEM: Every time i restart me windows 10 computer it keeps popping up choose an operating system and i keepclicking windows 10 but it shows the loading the loading screen then goes back...
  6. STUCK IN OPERATING SYSTEM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. The operating system did not shut down clean

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The operating system did not shut down clean: When i power on the pc it says at the top .The operating system did not shut down clean and then it loads it freezes in 6 seconds the dots to i tryed how to do it it never worked my model .HP laptop .2020 HP laptop. .1,300 $ HP laptop Please tell me what to do....
  8. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.

The operating system did not shutdown cleanly. Reconstructing cache metadata.: Im stuck in an endless loop with this message. Any help would be appreciated. I have already tried shutting down three times and booting into recovery mode however it just brings me back here. I have run a full system diagnostics on it and everything came back good. [IMG]...
  9. The operating system did not shutdown cleanly

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    The operating system did not shutdown cleanly: What does "The operating system did not shutdown cleanly" mean? how to fix it? I'm in windows 10 version 1903, it makes me stuck in booting screen...
  10. The operating system did not shut down cleanly ERROR MESSAGE

The operating system did not shut down cleanly ERROR MESSAGE: I am receiving an error message the my operating system did not shut down cleanly. I saw the posts on here to perform a Hard Shut down, then Advanced Option - Startup Repair and System Restore. I got that to work but I do not have my previous employees password and she...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. the operating system did not shutdown cleanly

2. operating system did not shutdown cleanly

3. dell the operating system did not shutdown cleanly

4. windows 10 the os did not shut down cleanly,
  5. sorting segment/pairs phase 2 error,
  6. the operating system did not shutdown cleanly que significa,
  7. the operating system did not shut down dell xps,
  8. How to start the lenovo laptop when it is not shut down cleanly,
  9. lenovo operating system did not shutdown cleanly,
  10. total heap size writing segment heap,
  11. dell operating system did not shutdown cleanly,