Windows 10: I have been talking to Microsoft support for hours and they have not been able to help me...

Discus and support I have been talking to Microsoft support for hours and they have not been able to help me... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LativianHeat [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LativianHeat, Jan 13, 2021.

1. I have been talking to Microsoft support for hours and they have not been able to help me...

/u/LativianHeat, Jan 13, 2021
  2. curatia Win User

Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jan 13, 2021
  3. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Arun B J Win User

I have been talking to Microsoft support for hours and they have not been able to help me...

calling level 2 support

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press windows key, and type Contact Support.

• Select Services and apps.

• Click on Windows.

• Click on Technical Support.

• There you will be able to contact the Technical support.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

I have been talking to Microsoft support for hours and they have not been able to help me...

1. I have been talking to Microsoft support for hours and they have not been able to help me... - Similar Threads - been talking Microsoft

2. I have been trying to reach microsoft tech support for over an hour!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been trying to reach microsoft tech support for over an hour!!!: Hello! I've been trying to reach tech support for over an hour, and this is getting ridiculous. I'm trying to get rid of the admin username/password that is preventing me from editing anything in settings/ downloads. I am also trying to delete an account that I am no longer...
  3. I have been trying to reach microsoft tech support for over an hour!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been trying to reach microsoft tech support for over an hour!!!: Hello! I've been trying to reach tech support for over an hour, and this is getting ridiculous. I'm trying to get rid of the admin username/password that is preventing me from editing anything in settings/ downloads. I am also trying to delete an account that I am no longer...
  4. I have been trying to reach microsoft tech support for over an hour!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. I have not been able to download and install Utorrent.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I have not been able to download and install Utorrent.: I have added utorrent to the list of applications that have been unblocked. I have not been able get to the point where I click ok and I know that utorrent has indeed been unlocked I am running Windows 10 What should I do? Thanks and Stay Safe Burnsey...
  6. Have not been able to update for a while

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Have not been able to update for a while: I have had windows stuck on update 1909 for a while now win 10 pro since 7/12/2020 with the OS build as 18363.1082. The issue is that whenever i go into windows update, it is seemingly lodaing when in reality its just staying blank. I have tried the media creation tool, the...
  7. Been on Hold for an hour and need support.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Been on Hold for an hour and need support.: So I have been having an issue with activating my Windows 10 Pro Key as I had previously activated it on my machine but then due to a hardware fault I had to have all of my hardware recently purchased replaced under warranty, when I tried to activate windows again it said the...
  8. I have been Infected with Support Scam

I have been Infected with Support Scam: I have a virus on my computer it only comes on when I try to read a story on a national web site. it comes on in red using up the hole monitor it says Microsoft teck support 1 800892 4357. I went on line it said it was a virus. can I get rid of it ? [Original...
  9. HELP! Have I just been scammed??

HELP! Have I just been scammed??: Last night I got an alarm that said "Windows Immediate Action Alert & Alarm" complete with warning sounds. It said I needed to call 877.242.8595 immediately to work through this issue. My computer was acting up all day, screen turning milky white, freezing up, I couldn't get...
  10. I have not been able to convert the install.esd to install.wmi

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I have not been able to convert the install.esd to install.wmi: I have literally searched everywhere and all the tutorials in 5 countries say to "just convert/de-crypt the esd to wmi via a third party tool. I have tried 5 and get the same answer: "operation failed only 4 out of 5 images. I am downloading from Ms via media creation tool. I...