Windows 10: I have been trying to access information from a flash drive and can't do it!!!

Discus and support I have been trying to access information from a flash drive and can't do it!!! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am having trouble with getting any information from a flash drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SherylGoos, Nov 21, 2020.

1. I have been trying to access information from a flash drive and can't do it!!!

I am having trouble with getting any information from a flash drive

:)

SherylGoos, Nov 21, 2020

2. Unable to access flash drive after copying the files on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing in accessing the Flash drive on your computer. Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What exactly happens when you try to access the drive?
    • Were you able to see any error code/ error message with this issue?
    • What happens when you try to erase/ delete/ format the drive?
    • Is the desktop running on Windows 10 operating system?
    • How exactly are you trying to access the drive on your system?

If you are connecting the drive through ports, I suggest you to connect to different ports and check if it helps.

Also, as the drive was unable to be accessed on both the system, this might be an issue with the hard drive as well.

Try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device
      Troubleshooter.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue and with the required information for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Nov 21, 2020
  3. DannibusX Win User
    Accessing a Hard Drive...

...from a dead laptop.

My girlfriend's laptop recently s**t the bed, and she has a lot of photos she would like to retrieve from it. I used a USB to IDE cable to try, but it's a no go. Her drive has Windows XP Home on it, and my system has Win7 x64. The computer recognizes the drive, but it wants me to initialize it, which I think may format it.

I don't know if it's formatted FAT32 or NTFS. Are there any suggestions on accessing the drive to pull all this data off of it?

DannibusX, Nov 21, 2020
  4. KomouPoji Win User

I have been trying to access information from a flash drive and can't do it!!!

Drive is not accessible. The parameter is incorrect

Hi,

To assist you further, let me ask.

• When you say “cmd r and f ” what exactly are you referring to?
    I would suggest you to try the methods below and check if it help.

Method 1

A. Plug in to a different usb port and check if it helps.

B. Plug in another drive or usb flash drive on this computer and check if you are able to access the drive.

Method 2

Connect the device, run the hardware and devices troubleshooter and check if that helps.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.
    • Click on Troubleshooting tab.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner.
    • Select the Hardware and Device options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the Hardware and Device Troubleshooter.
    Also, you can check if you hard drive are visible in device management type
    diskmgmt in the search Windows.

Try to disconnect the external hard drive and try accessing scsi card and see if you are able to open the drive.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further assistance, please do let us know and we would be happy to help you further.

Thank You.

KomouPoji, Nov 21, 2020
Thema:

I have been trying to access information from a flash drive and can't do it!!!

1. I have been trying to access information from a flash drive and can't do it!!! - Similar Threads - been trying access

2. I have been trying to unsync my pc from the other on but I can't I want to do this becuse...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been trying to unsync my pc from the other on but I can't I want to do this becuse...: Hi microsoft I have an issue. My pc is synced to my other pc and all the files that were on my first pc's front page have actually appeared on this pc and I want to remove all them from this pc but not on the other pc I have tried a lot to reset my pc but it gets stuck on 1...
  3. I have been trying to unsync my pc from the other on but I can't I want to do this becuse...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been trying to unsync my pc from the other on but I can't I want to do this becuse...: Hi microsoft I have an issue. My pc is synced to my other pc and all the files that were on my first pc's front page have actually appeared on this pc and I want to remove all them from this pc but not on the other pc I have tried a lot to reset my pc but it gets stuck on 1...
  4. How do I access a USB Flash Drive that has been 'bricked' by a legitimate software program?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I access a USB Flash Drive that has been 'bricked' by a legitimate software program?: How do I access a USB Flash Drive that has been 'bricked' by a legitimate software program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-a-usb-flash-drive-that-has-been/bf17d429-024d-4ada-a847-1aeff5c5bdbf
  5. How do I access a USB Flash Drive that has been 'bricked' by a legitimate software program?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How do I access a USB Flash Drive that has been 'bricked' by a legitimate software program?: How do I access a USB Flash Drive that has been 'bricked' by a legitimate software program? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-access-a-usb-flash-drive-that-has-been/bf17d429-024d-4ada-a847-1aeff5c5bdbf
  6. How do I access a USB Flash Drive that has been 'bricked' by a legitimate software program?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Copying network information to usb flash drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copying network information to usb flash drive.: Hello, I wish, as the title implies, to copy network information to a usb drive so that I can insert USB drive into my Canon printer to enable the printer to connect to the WiFi network. This has occurred after getting a new WiFi signal. The printer does not seem to allow...
  8. I can't update and have been trying for months!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't update and have been trying for months!: I've already asked this question and have never gotten an answer. I even provided the archive files that were asked for earlier this month. For heaven sakes, if you can't tell me how to update to the newest version of windows AT LEAST tell me how to stop Windows from trying...
  9. can't write to or from a flash drive

can't write to or from a flash drive: after recent updates, I can't copy to/from my flash on my pc only , it works on another pc , it's formatted NTFS, I tried many things I changed the registry value and clear attributes from cmd. I checked the permission on my folders and I have full control to write and also...
  10. Basic information about usb flash drives

Basic information about usb flash drives: I want to use usb flash drives for creating rescue media for Windows 10 on my laptop and desktop. Is a certain type required? I know it has to be at least 4GB and think I read that it should be NTFS file system. Does a usb have to be formatted before using for this...