Windows 10: I have been trying to open microsoft office for over 10 minutes, all i get the icon and the...

Discus and support I have been trying to open microsoft office for over 10 minutes, all i get the icon and the... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; after the June updates my computer crashed and I had to have major repair work done. I am currently trying to open Microsoft and for 10 minutes all I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by LillieBrown3, Jun 25, 2019.

1. I have been trying to open microsoft office for over 10 minutes, all i get the icon and the...

after the June updates my computer crashed and I had to have major repair work done.

I am currently trying to open Microsoft and for 10 minutes all I have is the orange box with Microsoft Office on it and the dots running across the screen.

Any suggestions?

:)

LillieBrown3, Jun 25, 2019
  2. esmorax Win User

Windows 10 Office 365 cannot open files from: recent file list

Thanks for the tip! I followed all above steps.

So far I can open files from the Recent files list when I enter Word itself, however I still am unable to open any documents using the Word icon pinned to the taskbar:

I have been trying to open microsoft office for over 10 minutes, all i get the icon and the... [​IMG]

-

esmorax, Jun 25, 2019
  3. Microsoft Office 2019 Will Run on Windows 10, and Only Windows 10

How is this news or surprising to anyone?
    Especially when there are viable and arguably better open-source alternatives out there.. For those of us who don't use Microsoft Office, this isn't a problem.

lexluthermiester, Jun 25, 2019
  4. Florrian Win User

I have been trying to open microsoft office for over 10 minutes, all i get the icon and the...

Modify Microsoft Office Icons/Tiles

EDIT: only works for icons, not for tiles :/

Ok, I just found a way but it is not really straightforward. It consists in creating a shortcut toward a homonym application for each of the Microsoft Office programs, and then deleting the homonym application and renaming the real Microsoft Office program. If you create a shortcut directly to one of the program, you will not be able to modify the icon.

Step by step:
    1. Go in Microsoft Office folder (C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office15 for Windows 10 and Office 15)
    2. Rename EXCEL.EXE in EXCEL2.EXE, or any other application whose icon you want to edit
    3. Create a new text document (or whatever you like) on your desktop, and give it the initial name of the Office application you are working on (EXCEL.exe here)
    4. Move the fake file into the Office folder
    5. Create a shortcut toward the fake application on your desktop, and change shortcut icon (you will not be able to do it anymore after step 6)
    6. Delete the fake file in the Office folder, and give the real Office program its original name
    7. Pin your new shortcut to your Start menu

Florrian, Jun 25, 2019
Thema:

I have been trying to open microsoft office for over 10 minutes, all i get the icon and the...

1. I have been trying to open microsoft office for over 10 minutes, all i get the icon and the... - Similar Threads - been trying open

2. I have been trying to log in my Microsoft Azure account for 2 days now and all i get is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been trying to log in my Microsoft Azure account for 2 days now and all i get is...: I have been trying to log in my Microsoft Azure account for 2 days now and all i get is error. How can this be resolved.My email address is: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  3. I have been trying to log in my Microsoft Azure account for 2 days now and all i get is...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have been trying to log in my Microsoft Azure account for 2 days now and all i get is...: I have been trying to log in my Microsoft Azure account for 2 days now and all i get is error. How can this be resolved.My email address is: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  4. I have been trying to log in my Microsoft Azure account for 2 days now and all i get is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I have been trying to log in my Microsoft Azure account for 2 days now and all i get is...: I have been trying to log in my Microsoft Azure account for 2 days now and all i get is error. How can this be resolved.My email address: *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. I have been trying to log in my Microsoft Azure account for 2 days now and all i get is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. I have files I can't open, with a yellow icon over the document icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have files I can't open, with a yellow icon over the document icon: I cannot open certain files that have a yellow icon overlay on the doc icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-files-i-cant-open-with-a-yellow-icon-over/0edbbe52-0fad-4f14-8a41-a47f3720510c
  7. I have files I can't open, with a yellow icon over the document icon

I have files I can't open, with a yellow icon over the document icon: I cannot open certain files that have a yellow icon overlay on the doc icon. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-have-files-i-cant-open-with-a-yellow-icon-over/0edbbe52-0fad-4f14-8a41-a47f3720510c
  8. I have been trying to reach microsoft tech support for over an hour!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have been trying to reach microsoft tech support for over an hour!!!: Hello! I've been trying to reach tech support for over an hour, and this is getting ridiculous. I'm trying to get rid of the admin username/password that is preventing me from editing anything in settings/ downloads. I am also trying to delete an account that I am no longer...
  9. I have been trying to reach microsoft tech support for over an hour!!!

I have been trying to reach microsoft tech support for over an hour!!!: Hello! I've been trying to reach tech support for over an hour, and this is getting ridiculous. I'm trying to get rid of the admin username/password that is preventing me from editing anything in settings/ downloads. I am also trying to delete an account that I am no longer...
  10. I have been trying to reach microsoft tech support for over an hour!!!

in Windows 10 Customization

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Microsoft Office\root\Office16\WINWORD.EXE

2. c program files microsoft office root

3. windows cannot find microsoft office