Windows 10: I have Bitsadmin pop ups but can't get Bitsadmin buster to do anything

Discus and support I have Bitsadmin pop ups but can't get Bitsadmin buster to do anything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; So I have Bitsadmin pop ups as I've seen mentioned in a few threads here. Everything seems to come back to trying Hydranix's Bitsadmin buster first but... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by crocoshark, Nov 18, 2016.

1. I have Bitsadmin pop ups but can't get Bitsadmin buster to do anything

So I have Bitsadmin pop ups as I've seen mentioned in a few threads here. Everything seems to come back to trying Hydranix's Bitsadmin buster first but I can't even get the first step to work. I download it and it asks me if I want to let it make changes to the computer. I click yes and . . . That's the end of it. It doesn't ask for admin access. It doesn't do anything. I feel like someone is going to have to explain things very specifically and simply like I'm a grandmother because every other person that asked about this Bitsadmin thing seemed to start right out able to figure out a lot more than I can.

:)

crocoshark, Nov 18, 2016

2. maybe virus issues,also microsoft edge dissappeared,and unable to reset my pc.Help.

oh my god stressing here.i am hoping some kind being can guide me through as of the last few days I was having issues with two lap tops one I think has a virus as a pop up keeps showing BITSADMIN version 3.0 bitsadmin is depreciated etc and shows up every
    hour,now am having issues with other lap top Microsoft edge has disappeared and i am unable to reset it or restore etc can anyone please help with all my problems???

sornebathory-bvwyt, Nov 18, 2016
  3. Saltgrass Win User
    KB3213986 repeatedly fails to install on Dell XPS

That is quite a bit of info. Most of the items appear to have been fixed but I cannot tell if the BITS service is operating normally. Maybe try stopping and starting it.

The utility which may help, since I don't know how to use PowerShell is Bitsadmin. You might try the commands below in an admin command prompt and see what they return.

bitsadmin /list

bitsadmin /reset

The first command should return 0 but if it shows jobs in the Queue, run the second command to clear, then see if it helps.

The setupact.log and the WindowsUpdate.log are the only other log files which may contain any info.

The link earlier suggested checking drive integrity. Did that test go OK?

I really don't know anything else to suggest.

Saltgrass, Nov 18, 2016
Thema:

I have Bitsadmin pop ups but can't get Bitsadmin buster to do anything

1. I have Bitsadmin pop ups but can't get Bitsadmin buster to do anything - Similar Threads - Bitsadmin pop ups

2. can't buy anything due to pop-up

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    can't buy anything due to pop-up: so apparently, when i go to buy some Robux with the money from my xbox gift card, it, instead of asking me if i'm sure i want to do it, tells me it had an errror on its end, and to wait a bit. well, i waited but it was STILL the same. after multiple trys, i searched up what...
  3. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediatly disappears (take 2?)

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediatly disappears (take 2?): I hate to start naming people off here like an assembly line, but I find myself in the same situation as @tkrisz0403 in that my Command Prompt, accompanied by the exact same text as the former case, as seen in the first screen shot I provide which I managed to capture using...
  4. Bitsadmin pops up for just a second and vanishes.

Bitsadmin pops up for just a second and vanishes.: I manged to get a screenshot of it. Screenshot I have gone through and read one thread that looks as if I am having the exact problem as them, but I did not want to go off of someone else's problems even though they are very similar to mine. I have noticed that Superfly...
  5. BITSADMIN appear & disappear every time I play a game or doing work

BITSADMIN appear & disappear every time I play a game or doing work: I have a Windows 10 laptop and recently I've been getting bitsadmin popping up on my screen for a split second then disappearing after. This started to happen when I recently updated my Windows 10 laptop. I searched up a lot on how to get rid or remove bitsadmin from...
  6. cmd prompt pops up at first as bitsadmin then "windowsupdateservices"

cmd prompt pops up at first as bitsadmin then "windowsupdateservices": i dont know if this is a virus or not but sometimes a cmd prompt pops up as bitsadmin at the first like 1-3 secs then it becomes Windowsupdateservices and downloads some thing to my pc, i already hitmanpro my computer and all the things it downloaded was a threat, but even...
  7. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.: Bitsadmin window pops up in every hour/50 minutes and immediately disappear which is very annoying. I've run KasperskyTotal Security and Malwarebytes but they have not found the problem. I made a screenshot from the problem. Any help would be appreciated. [img] 51063
  8. cmd window popping up with a message about BITSAdmin

cmd window popping up with a message about BITSAdmin: Hi I recently got a new laptop and I think I might have downloaded a virus or spyware while downloading something else. The command prompt window randomly pops up and disappears within a split second. It doesn't seem to do anything when I'm in the desktop mode, but when I...
  9. Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.

Bitsadmin pops up randomly and immediately disappears.: During the day a cmd window will pop up and immediately disappear without warning, kicking me out of fullscreen applications and being a general annoyance. I suspect something more sinister but Windows Defender, Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware have failed to find the source...
  10. BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question

in Windows 10 Support
    BitsAdmin popping up and AdwCleaner question: Hello! I kind of just made an account after finding help about my bitsadmin popping up out of nowhere and ran into another problem, but alas that was an old conversation. I'd like help with that, but im guessing i need to start a new thread? (though i'm not sure how to lol)...