Windows 10: I have black vertical lines in the top right corner, thinking it might be windows problem.

Discus and support I have black vertical lines in the top right corner, thinking it might be windows problem. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Those lines appeared out of nowhere and i dont know what to do. When i switch to 60hz from 144hz, those lines disappear. But here is a thing. When i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/thanos997, Jan 14, 2021.

1. I have black vertical lines in the top right corner, thinking it might be windows problem.

Those lines appeared out of nowhere and i dont know what to do. When i switch to 60hz from 144hz, those lines disappear. But here is a thing. When i tried going to BIOS, these lines disappeared. Thats why im thinking it might be windows 10 problem.

submitted by /u/thanos997
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/thanos997, Jan 14, 2021

2. Black Vertical Line just on my desktop screen

Hi,

I have the similar problem in my lenovo g50-80 with windows 10. it's like this -Whenever I open a window on the desktop a 1 pixel wide vertical black line appears. However
    when I press win+D or click the right side of the taskbar to show the desktop the line disappears. But if there is a window open on the desktop or I manually minimize/close all of my windows the line remains.

I've tried the the support engineers suggestion but it didn't work

AnveshPuri, Jan 14, 2021
  3. win 10 update leaves vertical pink line on screen

today i applied latest win 10 update and now i have a vertical pink line on screen, it remains on every screen. i have tried these fixes

Step 1: I suggest you to run SFC scan,
    System File Checkeris a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.
    • After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.
    Step 2: Also, I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Steps to Update the Display Adapter driver.

• Press Windows key + Xkey when you are at desktop.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Expand Display Adapter.
    • Right on the Display Adapter and click on
      Update driver software
    BUT i still have the line on screen.

tinacaston, Jan 14, 2021
  4. Jinnyo Win User

I have black vertical lines in the top right corner, thinking it might be windows problem.

Black Vertical Line just on my desktop screen

Hi there,

I also have the same problem. Laptop is two weeks old, updated to Windows 10 a few days ago. It is just on my desktop screen, a black vertical line in the middle. Goes away when I restart the computer then just reappears. Tried to update display drivers
    and they are ok, line is still there. Any other suggestions?

Thanks

Jin

Jinnyo, Jan 14, 2021
Thema:

I have black vertical lines in the top right corner, thinking it might be windows problem.

1. I have black vertical lines in the top right corner, thinking it might be windows problem. - Similar Threads - black vertical lines

2. Laptops right screen corners red vertical lines and left corners blue vertical lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops right screen corners red vertical lines and left corners blue vertical lines: Hello, I have an hp laptop running windows 11. Laptop spec- Ryzen 5 5500u, 8 gb ram. When I turn on my laptop there is no issue with the screen. But after using some time red and blue lines at both corners of the screen start to appear and get bigger and brighter over the...
  3. Laptops right screen corners red vertical lines and left corners blue vertical lines

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptops right screen corners red vertical lines and left corners blue vertical lines: Hello, I have an hp laptop running windows 11. Laptop spec- Ryzen 5 5500u, 8 gb ram. When I turn on my laptop there is no issue with the screen. But after using some time red and blue lines at both corners of the screen start to appear and get bigger and brighter over the...
  4. Laptops left screen corner red vertical line and right corner blue vertical line

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptops left screen corner red vertical line and right corner blue vertical line: Hello, I have a hp laptop running windows 11. Laptop spec- Ryzen 5 5500u, 8 gb ram. When I start my laptop there is no issue with the screen. But after some time red and blue lines at both corners of the screen start to appear and get bigger and brighter over the time. What...
  5. Laptops left screen corner red vertical line and right corner blue vertical line

Laptops left screen corner red vertical line and right corner blue vertical line: Hello, I have a hp laptop running windows 11. Laptop spec- Ryzen 5 5500u, 8 gb ram. When I start my laptop there is no issue with the screen. But after some time red and blue lines at both corners of the screen start to appear and get bigger and brighter over the time. What...
  6. Black vertical lines on display

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black vertical lines on display: Recently I purchased a MSI Katana gf76 laptop. The display was fine till 2 days ago but yesterday when booted the laptop there was black vertical line on the screen. This problem occured once I connected to the internet. I have no idea what to do...
  7. Black screen with vertical lines

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen with vertical lines: Hi there,so i got a new laptop two days ago and it has got an i7 11th gen and rtx 3060 with 32 gigs ram. But when I use it it goes really well for an hour or so but sometimes the display freaks out and does these weird lines like in the pic. Is it broken or do I have to...
  8. Black screen with vertical lines

Black screen with vertical lines: Hi there,so i got a new laptop two days ago and it has got an i7 11th gen and rtx 3060 with 32 gigs ram. But when I use it it goes really well for an hour or so but sometimes the display freaks out and does these weird lines like in the pic. Is it broken or do I have to...
  9. i think i might have a problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i think i might have a problem: so i use a special password for all of my game accounts today when i went on them i was banned for hacking i think someone hacked my accounts and then hacked on them unfortunate spacemen? BANNED first person shooter? BANNED among us? BANNED my online rhythm games? BAND...
  10. Black vertical lines in the start.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Black vertical lines in the start.: Hi, I am using Lenovo Think Pad Laptop. Black Lines are coming at the time of start and than the application starts.fine. I am using windows 10. Please help . Its a brand new laptop and its really irritation to see those black lines....