Windows 10: I have blocked an app from being able to access the internet and cant change it back.

Discus and support I have blocked an app from being able to access the internet and cant change it back. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to load up a game that I wanted to play. I was asked if I wanted an app to be able to have access to the internet and because the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by NickBarron1, Aug 26, 2019.

1. I have blocked an app from being able to access the internet and cant change it back.

I was trying to load up a game that I wanted to play. I was asked if I wanted an app to be able to have access to the internet and because the notification didn't mention what app it was I pressed yes and blocked it. When I tried using the game I was notified that I should check my internet connection although the connection was fine. I then realised that the app I had blocked was the one I was trying to used. I have searched up how to allow applications to have access to the internet but I have found nothing that helps. All ideas and replies will help and I am grateful to anyone who helps.

Here is a screenshot of the pop up.

I have blocked an app from being able to access the internet and cant change it back. 8e6b8199-ee89-460e-8a34-d58ae7ef0451?upload=true.png

Thank you.

:)

NickBarron1, Aug 26, 2019
  2. xfire Win User

Internet accessible only through IE

As the title says it only IE can access the internet. It's on my laptop with a wireless connection. The system was affected by virus and some permissions are still blocked. I'm positive that maximum of the virus is gone. How do I restore permissions like changing security center settings? No other browser is able to access the internet.

xfire, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Block Internet Access

I'm using Windows Phone 8.1 denim edition. I want to block all the internet access to my windows phone.

Tried Kids' corner,but that can be easily skipped.even a phone call returns the main start screen.

I need an idea how to block internet access.Are there any suggestions?

Eranga Hansaja, Aug 26, 2019
  4. I have blocked an app from being able to access the internet and cant change it back.

Preventing access to modern app

Ive been tasked with preventing the children from accessing instagram. I've got it listed in my windows hosts file and internet options/security/restricted site but the windows 10 app is still allowing access. Any suggestions other then deleting app which can just be reinstalled?

FrostyWinnipeg, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

I have blocked an app from being able to access the internet and cant change it back.

1. I have blocked an app from being able to access the internet and cant change it back. - Similar Threads - blocked app being

2. Internet access is blocked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet access is blocked: I have been using only windows defender and never install any 3rd party antivirus to my pc.I tried troubleshooting the issue and got an issue from BD Provider which I have no clue about....
  3. Block apps from accessing internet by default...

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Block apps from accessing internet by default...: Good day guys, I have decided to use my computer with Windows Defender as the security solution. I would like to keep my system as lean and lightweight, as is possible. But Windows Firewall is little complicated. And given that I am from a non-technical background, I don't...
  4. If I block an app from accessing the Internet, could the app still circumvent the block?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    If I block an app from accessing the Internet, could the app still circumvent the block?: https://i.imgur.com/tflADmk.png I use the Windows Defender Firewall (shown above) to block a password manager from accessing the Internet via Inbound/Outbound Rules. Not because it's some shady manager, but because of extra security precaution. If I block an app's...
  5. How do I stop / change time OR block internet access to an app that I downloaded from...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I stop / change time OR block internet access to an app that I downloaded from...: I have downloaded an app called Complete Anatomy from Microsoft store. I then showed hidden files in order to access the WindowsApps folder in Program Files. It had what I was looking for, the .exe file of the app shown in the pic below. I used windows firewall to block...
  6. INTERNET ACCESS IS BLOCKED

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    INTERNET ACCESS IS BLOCKED: [IMG]I updated my windows 10 version (1909) and since then all my browsers can't access the internet. I tried the troubleshooting approach but still I couldn't resolve it. You can see from the picture attached that I am connected to the WiFi network but "Your Internet access...
  7. Back to Basics: How to block Windows programs from accessing the internet

in Windows 10 News
    Back to Basics: How to block Windows programs from accessing the internet: Today, in our Windows 10 beginner's guide series, we'll be looking at how to block Windows programs from accessing the internet. Tip: check out some of the previous parts of the series, e.g. on changing default save locations or configuring programs to start on shutdown....
  8. Internet access blocked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Internet access blocked: Attempting to access Router, the message 'Internet Access is Blocked' shows. I have disabled Windows Firewall but still blocked. Anyone know why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/internet-access-blocked/72c78239-33c1-42d7-8f66-cbf5e925e8cc"
  9. Internet Access Blocked

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Access Blocked: So I just noticed my plex media server is unaccessible from my TV, says server unavailable. I can view the server (which is running on my laptop) when I go to 127.0.0.1 but if I try and go to the full private ip address I get this message. I even tried turning Windows...
  10. There is no internet access to app that I have downloaded from store

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    There is no internet access to app that I have downloaded from store: Hi, Recently Lynda.com app that I have downloaded from the store is showing no internet access message. I have checked in firewall settings, both inbound and outbound filters allowing it to access the internet. the app was working fine till the week ago, I don't know...