Windows 10: I have Blurry text/photos/videos and CANNOT figure out why

Discus and support I have Blurry text/photos/videos and CANNOT figure out why in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; 2 Why is my picture quality like this on my Cyberpower Ryzen 5 3600 computer?.. : apexlegends reddit.comI put the above link in because it is my reddit... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MikeRAINS Shots, Apr 25, 2021.

1. I have Blurry text/photos/videos and CANNOT figure out why

2 Why is my picture quality like this on my Cyberpower Ryzen 5 3600 computer?.. : apexlegends reddit.comI put the above link in because it is my reddit post on what kind of problems I am encountering.. I somehow fixed this very problem months ago but cannot figure out how to get it back to how it was... I have tried everything known to man.. just wish I could get the most out of my PC like before. My Monitor is set to "Generic PnP Monitor" when before it was listed as my actual monitor 24GN50W was what was listed before which is my 24 Inch LG monitor.

:)

MikeRAINS Shots, Apr 25, 2021

2. Can't edit text in Video Editor App

Can't edit or add text in any Video frame or title card.

I have tried following steps:

1. Upgrading Windows to latest build
    2. Repairing the Photos App
    3. Re-installing the Photos App
    None of the above steps worked for me. Please let me know if anyone has a solution.

faizan8684, Apr 25, 2021
  3. Blurry text

I have read many topics and tried some of the methods were suggested. I don't know which one of them actually solved this problem but it doesn't matter because finally, it seems fine now. Anw, you can find all of those methods I've tried here:
    http://moretags.blogspot.com/2015/08...solutions.html
    Hope it helps!

darksoulpart, Apr 25, 2021
  4. Joanne Win User

I have Blurry text/photos/videos and CANNOT figure out why

Blurry text

Fafhrd

Thank you for your explanation and your suggestions. I have tried the "Clear Type" and the "Smooth edges of screen fonts" features that you've suggested but the result is always (much) worst in comparison to leaving these two features at their defaults.

I would like to underline that, as can be seen from my initial (first) post, I have never faced any kind of text appearance issues with any browser or other program that I regularly use. IF I would have faced such issues with Google Chrome, my current default browser, or other programs that I use daily, for hours, I would have wiped out Windows 10 from my system completely, and I would not consider even thinking about using them again, at least not until I would replace both of my monitors.

Right now, however, I see this blurry - not crisp text only on those Windows components I mention on my first post. The truth is that I see this blurriness on some programs (and their installers), as well. CPU-Z is one example. I already resolved this, though. By ticking "Disable Display Scaling On High DPI Settings", for all these programs.

Oh, and I always use the latest NVIDIA driver + my monitors' native resolution. Always.

Later today I will try to "work" a little bit with that option called "Change only the text size".

My impression, so far, is that this is something I will have to learn to live with... Just to learn something new out of all of this, though, tell me please from what exactly does this crispiness but also the appropriate text size really depends? Does it have to do with the dot pitch and the inches of a monitor? What is the relationship? In other, simpler, words :

- What specifications should a monitor - of 24" or bigger - have to display all the text crisp, sharp and at around size "11" or "12". For this last figure I'm not sure I express it correctly, but to understand me imagine a desktop of 125% zoom (or DPI?).

Thank you.

Joanne, Apr 25, 2021
Thema:

I have Blurry text/photos/videos and CANNOT figure out why

1. I have Blurry text/photos/videos and CANNOT figure out why - Similar Threads - Blurry text photos

2. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  3. why can't i figure this out?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why can't i figure this out?: i bought a copy of windows 11 from Microsoft's website, but when i installed it it just gave me a better version of windows 10. i can't figure it out thru the updates section either. what am i missing or forgetting?...
  4. Blue Screen and I cannot figure out why

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue Screen and I cannot figure out why: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted i.e. double remove.Arg2:...
  5. Blue Screen and I cannot figure out why

Blue Screen and I cannot figure out why: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE 139A kernel component has corrupted a critical data structure. The corruptioncould potentially allow a malicious user to gain control of this machine.Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted i.e. double remove.Arg2:...
  6. Text blurrying out casually?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text blurrying out casually?: Hello, i just got a new monitor for gaming and it turned out to be the worst experience of my life as one of the problems that came out with it was this one You can hardly notice it but on the widget part of the desktop The problem is everywhere but right now it's doing it...
  7. Text blurrying out casually?

Text blurrying out casually?: Hello, i just got a new monitor for gaming and it turned out to be the worst experience of my life as one of the problems that came out with it was this one You can hardly notice it but on the widget part of the desktop The problem is everywhere but right now it's doing it...
  8. I am getting BSOD and cannot figure out why :

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am getting BSOD and cannot figure out why :: This is the message I get from the event log. The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000133 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000501, 0x0000000000000500, 0xfffff8010a2fa320. A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id:...
  9. PC is Blue screening - I cannot figure out why?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC is Blue screening - I cannot figure out why?: Fault bucket 0x1E_c0000005_STACKPTR_ERROR_Ndu!NduInboundTransportClassify, type 0 Event Name: BlueScreen Response: Not available Cab Id: e99d1cbb-a513-40d8-aa4f-cd72d474b6e3 Problem signature: P1: 1e P2: ffffffffc0000005 P3: fffff807968c6c8a P4: fffff80758073db8 P5:...
  10. I have a problem and I can't figure out why

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a problem and I can't figure out why: I have recently realized that everytime I open up the settings, my whole screen turns pitch black (like not even open black) but when it is opened up in windowed, my screens just as fine. I think I may have messed with something that I can't think of right now but it will be...