Windows 10: I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is...

Discus and support I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is WS1470 . There are no defining marks on it and it has no... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by patrick bennett3, May 24, 2024.

1. I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is...

I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is WS1470 . There are no defining marks on it and it has no power. I have attached 2 images. Regards Patrick

:)

patrick bennett3, May 24, 2024

2. Windows 10 serial on OEM

So I'll summarize steps made...

1. Saved serial number (taken with Belarc Advisory) from preinstalled (half chinese language) Windows 8.1 (don't know exactly the version, suspect Windows 8.1 with bing) on tablet
    2. Formatted tablet
    3. Tried to make a clean Windows 10 (HOME, HOME N and also PRO, everytime with the same result) install with ISO taken with MediaCreationTool, during install (and also after completing installation) it says that the saved serial is not valid
    4. Tried to reinstall Windows 8.1 (ISO taken with MediaCreationTool again) HOME, it says that the serial is not valid

So i suspect that the saved serial, is from a WINDOWS 8.1 WITH BING OEM version and this kind of ISO is not accessible/downloadable anywhere (at least I can't find it, any suggestion?)

Still not tried SHOWKEY with that serial, I am in office now, and the serial is saved on a usb pen at home, will try this evening.

So I'm stucked but if everything is like I suspect, it's incredible. If I have a tablet/notebook/netbook with Windows 8 preinstalled, it seems that I can update to Windows 10 without problems, but if I want to make a clean Windows 10 install that serial is not valid...

CapitanCatarro, May 24, 2024
  3. spunk Win User
    Serial number of self-built PC

I'm confused?? Is the computer listed in the Microsoft Account/Devices page or not? If not, you have to register it and it may take a couple of days to register in the Microsoft Store.

spunk, May 24, 2024
  4. I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is...

product serial number

• product serial number

eddie gemayel, May 24, 2024
Thema:

I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is...

1. I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is... - Similar Threads - bought Microsoft tablet

2. Can I use the serial number of a device remotely to see which accounts have used it?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I use the serial number of a device remotely to see which accounts have used it?: I lost my laptop and do not know if it has been stolen and used because the device finder from Microsoft says the location was 'never updated'. I was wondering if there is any way to know, using the serial number of the device, if another Windows account has been used to log...
  3. Can I use the serial number of a device remotely to see which accounts have used it?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I use the serial number of a device remotely to see which accounts have used it?: I lost my laptop and do not know if it has been stolen and used because the device finder from Microsoft says the location was 'never updated'. I was wondering if there is any way to know, using the serial number of the device, if another Windows account has been used to log...
  4. I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is...

I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is...: I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is WS1470 . There are no defining marks on it and it has no power. I have attached 2 images. Regards Patrick...
  5. I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is...: I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is WS1470 . There are no defining marks on it and it has no power. I have attached 2 images. Regards Patrick...
  6. I have bought a Microsoft tablet but can't identify which one it is. The serial number is...

7. Microsoft serial number cannot be found

Microsoft serial number cannot be found: My serial number cannot be found. I am typing in the correct number and I have talked to Microsoft "support" numerous times and it’s just a robot. I would like to talk to an ACTUAL person. I paid 1,300 and I’m still currently paying it off would love if someone could help. I...
  8. serial number?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  9. serial number?

serial number?: My laptop has burned and I can't access it. How can I get my serial number? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/serial-number/7195148e-b721-4d0d-8153-ae3cd7d7a609
  10. serial number?

in Windows 10 Customization