Windows 10: I have changed my email address but my previous address keeps appearing when I try to sign in.

Discus and support I have changed my email address but my previous address keeps appearing when I try to sign in. in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have changed my email address but my previous address keeps appearing when I try to sign in. How can I delete my old address and set my new one as... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by LynnGoulbourn, May 28, 2020.

1. I have changed my email address but my previous address keeps appearing when I try to sign in.

I have changed my email address but my previous address keeps appearing when I try to sign in. How can I delete my old address and set my new one as the default address? The problem is, it asks me to sign in using the old address then says that it does not recognise it. My old address has actually expired now so it can't be used for verification. I feel I'm missing some important step here. I've tried contacting Microsoft via the virtual assistant but it always ends up asking me to verify the account via the email address which is now redundant. It's doing my head in! Can anybody help please?

:)

LynnGoulbourn, May 28, 2020

2. Changing administrator email address

Hi Nooren,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

1) How do you access the Windows computer? Do you use Microsoft account or local account?

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Open PC settings, and click/tap on Accounts on the left side.

• Click/tap on your account on the right side, click/tap on the More account settings online link at the top of the right side.

• If this PC or device is not a trusted device, then you will be prompted to enter and submit a security code sent to your phone or alternate email address.

• In Internet Explorer, or your default web browser, click/tap on the Add or change aliases link under Account aliases.

• Click/tap on Rename under your (primary alias).

• Click/tap on Yes, rename my primary alias.

• Sign in to your Microsoft account with your new email address and password. You can close the web browser when finished.

• To Create a New Email Address to Use as your Primary Alias

• Select (dot) Create a new email address as your primary alias.

• Select if you want a new hotmail.com, live.com, or outlook.com address.

• Type in a name you want, click/tap on Rename primary alias
    9. Click/tap on OK.

Hope this helps. Please reply to us with the status of the issue.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, May 28, 2020
  3. Changing my Windows 10 email address

Here's how:

• Go to Settings > Accounts
    • Click "Sign in with a local account instead" and complete the steps
    • Go back to Settings and click "Sign in With a Microsoft Account" and use your new email address instead.
    --

Or if you have purchases on that account that you want to keep (games, movies, whatever), an alternative is to simply go to https://account.microsoft.com/profile and choose "manage how you sign-in to Microsoft". There you can simply add your new email address
    as an alternative username (and you can login to Microsoft using any in that list, they're all the "same account" at that point).

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], May 28, 2020
  4. I have changed my email address but my previous address keeps appearing when I try to sign in.

Change Mac address

The MAC address is like your devices ID ,so short of being able to change very core settings ,you're not gonna be able to do anything unless I'm mistaken.

Maybe you don't need to change your MAC address, what is it you're trying to accomplish?

Spoiler: I found this change mac w/o root I can't say whether or not this is an effective method it's just a method I found after searching this topic .
    I cant say whether or not it is "safe" or if the software required is free. use at your own risk.

Change MAC Address of Android Devices without Root Access

Go to Settings>About Phone>Select Status and then make a note of the current MAC Address of your Android device.
    Download the Android Terminal Emulator application from the Google Play Store. You can directly navigate to the Android Terminal Emulator Google Play Store download page by clicking here.
    Launch the above application on your Android device and then type “IP LINK SHOW”.
    Note the interface name of your Android device from the list.
    And then type in the command below,
    ip link set interfacename XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY
    Replace interfacename with the Interface Name of your network that you noted in Step 4 above and XX:XX:XX:YY:YY:YY with the MAC Address you wish to set.
    And that’s it. The MAC Address of your Android device will now be modified/changed.

jboydgolfer, May 28, 2020
Thema:

I have changed my email address but my previous address keeps appearing when I try to sign in.

1. I have changed my email address but my previous address keeps appearing when I try to sign in. - Similar Threads - changed email address

2. I have changed my email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have changed my email address.: I have changed my email address and the old email account has now been closed, so when MS tries to contact me they can't get through. But when I try to change the email on my MS account, I am told that my new email has already been taken. Shouild I be worried, and what should...
  3. I have changed my email address.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have changed my email address.: I have changed my email address and the old email account has now been closed, so when MS tries to contact me they can't get through. But when I try to change the email on my MS account, I am told that my new email has already been taken. Shouild I be worried, and what should...
  4. I have changed my email address.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. My old email address appears on this computer when I sign on. How do I change it to the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My old email address appears on this computer when I sign on. How do I change it to the...: When I sign on, it shows my name and an old email address of mine that I used in setting up this computer. I should not have used it, but I was having a problem distinguishing this computer from my previous computer. Both are similar and I had both online during the setup....
  6. My old email address appears on this computer when I sign on. How do I change it to the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My old email address appears on this computer when I sign on. How do I change it to the...: When I sign on, it shows my name and an old email address of mine that I used in setting up this computer. I should not have used it, but I was having a problem distinguishing this computer from my previous computer. Both are similar and I had both online during the setup....
  7. I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to change my Microsoft Account email address to my current email address.: The problem is the website will not let me add my current email address, saying, "this address is already taken. Choose another." It will not let me remove my current Microsoft Account email address. My current Microsoft Account email address will soon be invalid. The...
  8. change my email address

change my email address: my listed email is now disabled and I have a new email address, how do I update it as I cant receive to my old address. my new email is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  9. But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...

But I Can't Sign In Microsoft Account My Email Address Is *** Email address is removed for...: Please Unblock https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/but-i-cant-sign-in-microsoft-account-my-email/281f79fd-062a-4e5a-a4e2-88b30924bac4"
  10. I changed my email address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) and to optonline...

I changed my email address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) and to optonline...: I changed my email address (*** Email address is removed for privacy ***) and to optonline all connections. How to change administrator name ?...