Windows 10: I have chosen to sell my pc so I am resetting windows and chose reinstall it locally with...

Discus and support I have chosen to sell my pc so I am resetting windows and chose reinstall it locally with... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] submitted by /u/LemonsRage [link] [comments]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LemonsRage, Mar 4, 2021.

1. I have chosen to sell my pc so I am resetting windows and chose reinstall it locally with...

/u/LemonsRage, Mar 4, 2021

2. Resetting a PC to sell on

Am thinking of selling on my laptop - what is the best approach to getting it ready for that - should I reset the PC under the settings / options? Obviously I will not keep to choose any personal files and I will make sure our office 365 currently installed on it is uninstalled and removed before selling on. Presumably that option to 'reset this pc' will return it to how it was when I turned it on the first time having been delivered from the manufacturer?

Once reset, what happens to the laptop which is listed under 'Devices' if I view my Microsoft account in a browser. At the moment I see my current desktop and this laptop listed under devices. Will it automatically dis-associate itself from my account and disappear from this list or will I need to remove it? We have a family account setup, so the laptop also currently shows under 'devices' my wife's account and my son's child account. Will these also disappear? Basically once sold I do not want any trace of the laptop on our Microsoft accounts. Presumably there will be no unforeseen knock on effect for our MS accounts on our desktop which will be keeping.

Thanks,
    Wayne

Scottyboy99, Mar 4, 2021
  3. Ikaruga Win User
    router logs DoS attack from a local PC....

Well you did not say that you don't really know what you are doing. It's not a problem of course, but it changes things a little.

It's not even clear if the PC or the router is the problem at this time, so I suggested that you disable some unnecessary things which are usually known to cause many problems, sorry if those were too complicated.

• You could reset some network related stuffz on the PC as a next step. Open an elevated command prompt (run as administrator), and enter the followings on the PC:
      netsh int ip reset reset.log
      netsh int ipv6 reset
      netsh winsock reset
      netsh branchcache reset
      netsh advfirewall reset
      (note: You can export your current firewall rules in the "group policy" before the reset if it's needed for some reason)

• Btw, Would it be a problem to reset the router to the default settings if the things we are trying will not help? There is a menu point for that called "factory settings" (and also a little hole on the back if you prefer that one).. the Administrator username in the router after the reset would be admin and the password is probably on a sticker at the bottom of the router (special settings needed to go online with your ISP might be also necessary)
      This is not needed now (not yet), but perhaps the source of the problem is at the router and not the PC in question, so we may come to that eventually.
    ps.: Do you have a second network card you could test in that PC and a different cable to rule out some hardware issues on the PC side?

Ikaruga, Mar 4, 2021
  4. P4-630 Win User

I have chosen to sell my pc so I am resetting windows and chose reinstall it locally with...

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

Change or reset your Windows password

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Mar 4, 2021
Thema:

I have chosen to sell my pc so I am resetting windows and chose reinstall it locally with...

1. I have chosen to sell my pc so I am resetting windows and chose reinstall it locally with... - Similar Threads - chosen sell resetting

2. if I chosed local reinstall Will this stop activating windows product key

in Windows 10 Gaming
    if I chosed local reinstall Will this stop activating windows product key: if I chosed local reinstall Will this stop activating windows product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-chosed-local-reinstall-will-this-stop/aed08be3-b4d8-4c60-81e4-31f380955a21
  3. if I chosed local reinstall Will this stop activating windows product key

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    if I chosed local reinstall Will this stop activating windows product key: if I chosed local reinstall Will this stop activating windows product key https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/if-i-chosed-local-reinstall-will-this-stop/aed08be3-b4d8-4c60-81e4-31f380955a21
  4. if I chosed local reinstall Will this stop activating windows product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I am selling my PC how do I do a factory reset on my HP windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am selling my PC how do I do a factory reset on my HP windows 11 laptop?: I need help to know what option i should choose if I want to set my HP PC to factory condition so I can sell it. It works fine, I just want to erase all I have put on it and my personal files. How do I do that??...
  6. I am selling my PC how do I do a factory reset on my HP windows 11 laptop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am selling my PC how do I do a factory reset on my HP windows 11 laptop?: I need help to know what option i should choose if I want to set my HP PC to factory condition so I can sell it. It works fine, I just want to erase all I have put on it and my personal files. How do I do that??...
  7. I need help resetting my old HP Notebook so I can sell it.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help resetting my old HP Notebook so I can sell it.: I have been planning on selling my old laptop for some time now, but I’m having difficulty resetting it. The issue is I need additional space. I went and purchased a hard drive, transferred file to that hard drive, but I’m having difficulty removing the files from my actual...
  8. I chose Local Download for my windows download when I wanted to reset my laptop, not...

I chose Local Download for my windows download when I wanted to reset my laptop, not...: Please help me I need my Laptop to get working as soon as possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-chose-local-download-for-my-windows-download/39b29e04-f316-4577-ba92-42d9241b8984
  9. Why can't I reset my PC to sell?

Why can't I reset my PC to sell?: why doesn't it let me reset my pc to sell. I already did the command prompt as well. please help * Original title: restart pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-i-reset-my-pc-to-sell/80898dec-80fc-4588-be47-a27d51fd79ff
  10. Resetting a PC to sell on

in Windows 10 Support
    Resetting a PC to sell on: Am thinking of selling on my laptop - what is the best approach to getting it ready for that - should I reset the PC under the settings / options? Obviously I will not keep to choose any personal files and I will make sure our office 365 currently installed on it is...