Windows 10: I have cloned my C drive onto a secondary drive, now I want to erase everything on my C...

Discus and support I have cloned my C drive onto a secondary drive, now I want to erase everything on my C... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So I think the title describes the scenario quite well, however what I have to add is that my secdonary drive is a nVME SSD that is hard to plug/unplug... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by OlliverAira, Sep 29, 2021.

1. I have cloned my C drive onto a secondary drive, now I want to erase everything on my C...

So I think the title describes the scenario quite well, however what I have to add is that my secdonary drive is a nVME SSD that is hard to plug/unplug and I dont wanna mess with unplugging it for the sake of a software installation.How would I go about reinstalling windows and wiping everything on my boot drive without this affected my cloned drive note that my cloned drive is ALSO bootable, so Im afraid that Windows might get confused and erase data on both drives.I should also add that I have a 3rd drive plugged into a SATA port on the mobo which also holds data thats precious to me.I

:)

OlliverAira, Sep 29, 2021
  2. skooterfd Win User

Cloning Drive C:/

I bought a new hard drive so I could clone my main hard drive. The new drive was formatted after putting into an external hard drive bay connected using USB cable. I right clicked on my C:/ drive & chose copy. I then right clicked on my new hard drive F:/
    and chose paste. It then started to copy C:/ to F:/, but it eventually failed saying I wasn't authorized to access certain files even though I'm the Administrator of my computer. It also said I had a bad sector on C:/ drive. I then reformatted C:/ & tried
    to make a clone drive onto F:/. All that did was copy over ...

$RECYCLEBIN, Boot, Recovery, System Volume 1, bootmgr, BOOTNXT, BOOTSECT.BAK

It appears to me that all it did was make a boot disk in case C:/ drive failed to boot I could have the computer boot using drive F:/ which is not what I wanted. I already have drive E:/ for that in the same bay housing as F:/.

What I want is an exact clone of C:/ drive, every program & file on it!

Anyone got any suggestions?

skooterfd, Sep 29, 2021
  3. Erase C Drive

So the title tells it all. I would like to erase my C drive but by that I mean the apps and ofc I want windows and everything else there. Apparently I believe hidden files get into my C drive taking up space so I cant install certain things. I could factory
    reset it but that takes a lot of time and I already have some problems from the last time I did that.

princeadjei, Sep 29, 2021
  4. I have cloned my C drive onto a secondary drive, now I want to erase everything on my C...

Windows 10 c: drive not accessable

I was trying to solve a problem I had with accessing several folders, following the steps on a web site, and

I got a message that the owner of the C; drive was being erased!

Since then I have no access to the c: drive, I keep getting "access denied", "you don't have the proper permissions", "you don't have read permission", and when I finally got into Safe Mode and clicked on C:/properties/security, it said "Owner: Unable to
    display current owner".

I've tried more methods than I want to list trying to get ownership of the C: drive and set permissions back where they belong.

Where is the c: drive owner entered? Would I need to RegEdit? If so, please provide step by step because all I know about RegEdit is that it's dangerous to mess with.....

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Dave Ahlberg

DaveAhlberg, Sep 29, 2021
Thema:

I have cloned my C drive onto a secondary drive, now I want to erase everything on my C...

1. I have cloned my C drive onto a secondary drive, now I want to erase everything on my C... - Similar Threads - cloned drive onto

2. I cloned and upgraded my C drive and now my D drive is missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cloned and upgraded my C drive and now my D drive is missing: About a month ago I had bought a new C drive to upgrade my storage from 222gb to 1Tb. I managed to do so successfully but had only noticed today that my D drive is now missing. I am unsure if they are related but I cannot figure out if I accidentally partitioned them together...
  3. I cloned and upgraded my C drive and now my D drive is missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cloned and upgraded my C drive and now my D drive is missing: About a month ago I had bought a new C drive to upgrade my storage from 222gb to 1Tb. I managed to do so successfully but had only noticed today that my D drive is now missing. I am unsure if they are related but I cannot figure out if I accidentally partitioned them together...
  4. I cloned and upgraded my C drive and now my D drive is missing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. I want to make my C:\ drive the default drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I want to make my C:\ drive the default drive: Hello I am a noob and looking for help to make my C: drive my permanent drive. It always starts off as C:\User.I don't want that. The last independent advisor wasn't patience nor clear. Can some someone better to explain to me, please....
  6. I want to make my C:\ drive the default drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    I want to make my C:\ drive the default drive: Hello I am a noob and looking for help to make my C: drive my permanent drive. It always starts off as C:\User.I don't want that. The last independent advisor wasn't patience nor clear. Can some someone better to explain to me, please....
  7. I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I cloned my C: drive to my E: drive and i want to Format My C: drive: [ATTACH] I have already prioritized my PC to boot from my E: drive which has a copy of my windows 10. I used Samsung's Data Migration tool since both my C: and E: are both from Samsung to avoid any hiccups or discrepancies. I'm worried that formatting my C: drive may mess...
  8. Cloning C Drive

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Cloning C Drive: I have a desktop computer running Win 10 and I want to copy/clone the C drive to an SSD for faster access. I intend using EaseUS Disk Copy, but I have what I consider to be a problem. My C and D (for Data) drives are partitions on one 500GB HDD, which is Drive 0. I also have...
  9. Cloning Drive C:/

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cloning Drive C:/: I bought a new hard drive so I could clone my main hard drive. The new drive was formatted after putting into an external hard drive bay connected using USB cable. I right clicked on my C:/ drive & chose copy. I then right clicked on my new hard drive F:/ and chose paste. It...
  10. Erase C Drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Erase C Drive: So the title tells it all. I would like to erase my C drive but by that I mean the apps and ofc I want windows and everything else there. Apparently I believe hidden files get into my C drive taking up space so I cant install certain things. I could factory reset it but that...