Windows 10: I have computer with no operating system or disk drive.I would like to install Windows 10....

Discus and support I have computer with no operating system or disk drive.I would like to install Windows 10.... in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have just bought a computer which I have discovered has no operating system. It does not have a disc device either. Is there any way I can install... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by HoraceCallow, Sep 28, 2020.

1. I have computer with no operating system or disk drive.I would like to install Windows 10....

I have just bought a computer which I have discovered has no operating system. It does not have a disc device either. Is there any way I can install Windows 10 on this machine.

:)

HoraceCallow, Sep 28, 2020

2. Installing windows from usb hard drive

i repair alot of computers and install windows alot. currently i have to carry about a big cd wallet with all my disks but i use a usb hard drive just now for installing windows 7 32 because its soo much faster to install.

now my question is is there a way to put all my windows disks on the one hard drive and boot the iso i select? like a boot manager for iso files? that way i could have all my windows, linux and boot disks all one one drive rather than a load of dvds.

my only other option was a flash drive for each operating system but thats an expensive way to do it.

Geofrancis, Sep 28, 2020
  3. Non-system disk or disk error in Windows 10

Hi Aixa,

The Non-system disk or disk error usually occurs when the
    computer is unable to find an operating system on any of the storage devices. When this happens, the computer won't be able to load your
    Windows operating system. To determine what's causing this issue, we'd like to ask a few questions:

• Have you made any recent changes to your computer?
    • What is the make and model of your device?
    • What steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

We're looking forward to your response.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 28, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

I have computer with no operating system or disk drive.I would like to install Windows 10....

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Sep 28, 2020
Thema:

I have computer with no operating system or disk drive.I would like to install Windows 10....

1. I have computer with no operating system or disk drive.I would like to install Windows 10.... - Similar Threads - computer operating system

2. I still have my windows XP professional installation disk and would like to install hyper...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I still have my windows XP professional installation disk and would like to install hyper...: How do I install hyper terminal in windows 10 from my old windows XP installation disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-still-have-my-windows-xp-professional/ffa0f5f0-365b-4f31-be83-0ebfbe10ed2b
  3. I still have my windows XP professional installation disk and would like to install hyper...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I still have my windows XP professional installation disk and would like to install hyper...: How do I install hyper terminal in windows 10 from my old windows XP installation disk? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-still-have-my-windows-xp-professional/ffa0f5f0-365b-4f31-be83-0ebfbe10ed2b
  4. I still have my windows XP professional installation disk and would like to install hyper...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Would it be possible for Microsoft to work on optimizing an operating system like Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Would it be possible for Microsoft to work on optimizing an operating system like Windows...: I know this would require modifying the interfaces as simply as possible, as well as removing all animations, graphics, components, and more. I suppose that to do this, several reports will have to be submitted so that Microsoft has the initiative to work on this. Windows 10...
  6. I would like install windows 10 on my PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I would like install windows 10 on my PC: Split from this thread.I would like install windows 10 on my PC https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-install-windows-10-on-my-pc/3dbb571c-c837-41a2-90df-6e62b1baa971
  7. I would like to install Windows11

in Windows 10 Customization
    I would like to install Windows11: How do I install Windows 11? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-would-like-to-install-windows11/22cff33d-5468-4cfd-a05a-a2b4246e2c9d
  8. I have a licensed Windows 10 Pro system on an old computer that I would like to move to a...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I have a licensed Windows 10 Pro system on an old computer that I would like to move to a...: I have a licensed Windows 10 Pro system on an old computer that I would like to move to a new computer. I thought that I had the proper code. however, my new computer will not accept it. Is there a way to activate this. Is there a way to have my new computer use my non OEM...
  9. I would like to have help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I would like to have help: not really sure if this is in right windows topic but correct my wrongs lets start off for the last few 2-3 days my cmd has been popping up saying Too many arguments in command line. The process tried to write to a nonexistent pipe. FINDSTR: Cannot open...
  10. After using recovery disks i have no operating system.

in Windows 10 Support
    After using recovery disks i have no operating system.: I had a ASUS computer that after every Microsoft 10 update it took many reboots to get working again, last update it just could not be brought to life. I used the recovery disks that wipe the HD and it returned the computer to the command line on screen and asks for system...