Windows 10: I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY.

Discus and support I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Idk what happened but last week when I was trying to play Valorant with my friend I started to experience major Screen stutter which in turn caused... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CrypticFFS., Feb 7, 2023.

1. I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY.

Idk what happened but last week when I was trying to play Valorant with my friend I started to experience major Screen stutter which in turn caused input lag and delay making the game unplayable.To see if the issue was Connection related I set up Packet loss and ping Statistics which all read sub 30ms and 0% packet loss in and out. Frustrated I decided to play a different game Geometry Dash Where I found out by using Steam FPS counter that each time a stutter would occur my FPS will drop from 165 to something like 90 - 120 and back up again, and down again so on.... I am running a 2560x1440

:)

CrypticFFS., Feb 7, 2023

2. Constant stuttering and fps drops after fresh installation

I had a long running problem where whenever playing a certain game for longer than an hour 2, id blue screen with various error messages including but not limited to: kernel_mode_heap_corruption and Kernel_security_check_failure. I reinstalled windows
    and updated my drivers accordingly and now can't play anything without constant stuttering and fps drops. I've researched this problem as much as i can and have done all things listed on the forums including checking for corrupted files, rolling back/uninstalling
    and reinstalling my audio/touchpad/gpu drivers, disabling that dumb xbox dvr thing, and the problem persists. I had no such problem prior to my re-installation so i believe it has to do with the fresh install of windows 10. This problem is absurdly annoying
    and my hardware is more than capable of running any game at a playable fps.

justwannagame, Feb 7, 2023
  3. Dull Byte Win User
    Sudden FPS drop/Stutter

Since 2 days ago, I just turned on my Computer, and it starting having issues while I was playing Witcher 3 (starts with decent fpsm and then very low fps, dropping to 35, then 20, and stopping at 12 or so, in a matter of seconds, in a matter of 1min of starting the game), also stuttering without any high demanding programs, randomly. I was playing at 45-60 fps, without any stutters or sudden fps drop. Have tried other games the issue persists. Even setup everything to low settings.
    I have ran several tests with several tools, all seems normal, no sudden memory spikes, or temperature raising out of the ordinary, nothing that would indicate such an fps drop or stuttering.

MSI Afterburner

I also did the reset option on Windows10, completly cleaned out all my personal info from the windows partition.
    So at this point, I am not sure if it is a software issue or a hardware issue.
    Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Edit: I kept doing some tests to find out the issue. And this happened before and I was able to replicate it. Same thing happened as before, till I set it up to fullscreen, Alt+Tab from the game and then back to the game, FPS went up to 50 again, stable and good, dropped after a couple of seconds. After a bit it went to 2-5 fps, and I had to shutdown the game, because even the sound was getting messed up.

MSI Afterburner 2

In this image those ups and downs in the GPU usage are when the fps dropped really hard and the sound got messed up.

Dull Byte, Feb 7, 2023
  4. I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY.

Gaming FPS Drop/Stutter after recent Windows 10 update.

After this new years update, I noticed that my games have been getting frame drops and stuttering. I have a NVIDIA GEforce 1070 and I was able to run games such as CS:GO or League of Legends smoothly before the new year. However, after the recent Windows
    10 update, my computer can't handle the games well. For example, League of Legends ran at 144 fps (I capped it there) and constantly ran at 144 fps before the new year. However, after the new year update, my League fails to consistently run 144 fps, drops
    down to even 90 sometimes, and there is a lot of frame stuttering that is inhibiting my ability to play the game. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

PenguinYuki, Feb 7, 2023
Thema:

I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY.

1. I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY. - Similar Threads - constant FPS drops

2. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  3. Fps drops and Stuttering on all games

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and Stuttering on all games: Pc specs: Ryzen 7 7800x3d RTX 4070 superMag b650 Tomahawk wifiSamsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB 32gb ram Corsair Rm850 gold plusI updated all bios and drivers. Reinstalled them as well. Did a full Windows reinstall. Temps are below 80 degrees Celsius for both CPU and GPU. Usage...
  4. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  5. Fps drops and stutters

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fps drops and stutters: So I used this debloater tool to debloat my windows 11 and soon I used the restore point I made but it gives me lower fps rhan before I used the debloater and alot of stutters...
  6. I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY.: Idk what happened but last week when I was trying to play Valorant with my friend I started to experience major Screen stutter which in turn caused input lag and delay making the game unplayable.To see if the issue was Connection related I set up Packet loss and ping...
  7. I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have constant FPS drops and Screen Stutter in all games ONLY.: Idk what happened but last week when I was trying to play Valorant with my friend I started to experience major Screen stutter which in turn caused input lag and delay making the game unplayable.To see if the issue was Connection related I set up Packet loss and ping...
  8. Fps drops in all games.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fps drops in all games.: I Have a 1050, i5 3570, asrock b75m, 8gb ram but different, one with xmp, one 1600mhz, the other 1333mhz, different voltage, SSD, hdd and it makes me stutter in all games, low/high it doesn't matter what I give, why it sttutering me in all games? I changed almost everything,...
  9. FPS drops in all games

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    FPS drops in all games: Since I factory reset my laptop about 2,5 years ago 3 years old laptop now, I am experiencing huge FPS drops when gaming. When FPS drops, voltage also drops significantly from cca. 23 to cca. 13 or even 6. CPU clock drops, GPU clock drops only sometimes resulting in even...
  10. FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS

in Windows 10 Customization
    FPS DROPS AND STUTTERS: Eveytime when i play a game my fps drops and stutters of lot.And i don't know how to fix it.And i was using my pc for 2 months.Could you help me fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fps-drops-and-stutters/1b0a26e1-f4aa-4258-8042-c564217d0973