Windows 10: I have constantly bad microphone quality on my pc with both of my microphones. Any fixes?

Discus and support I have constantly bad microphone quality on my pc with both of my microphones. Any fixes? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Sorry if this isnt descriptive enough, but I have a steelseries Arctis 7 and a Rift S, and they have consistently bad quality on my computer. Many... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SkeletronExpertMode, Jun 6, 2020.

1. I have constantly bad microphone quality on my pc with both of my microphones. Any fixes?

Sorry if this isnt descriptive enough, but I have a steelseries Arctis 7 and a Rift S, and they have consistently bad quality on my computer. Many people I talk to describe it as if I was talking in a pringles can. In the steelseries application, when I test my microphone it is crystal clear but in-game it is terrible. I have my sound drivers up to date, and I am 80% sure this is a problem with my windows. If neede, I can put more details in the comments.

submitted by /u/SkeletronExpertMode
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SkeletronExpertMode, Jun 6, 2020
  2. Beastie Win User

Microphone giving bad quality recording

What microphone are you using? Are you getting decent db levels? Maybe the mic input doesnt have enough gain.

A couple of side notes-
    Latency shouldn't affect the sound quality. If the buffer was too small you might get clipping or artifacts but it wouldn't cause recordings to sound flat or dull.
    24 bit 192k is total overkill unless you have very high quality microphones and hardware, if you go down to 96k or 48k I doubt you will be able to tell the difference.

Beastie, Jun 6, 2020
  3. xodjbgxo Win User
    Microphone Sound Quality

Hi, how do you make your microphone quality sound better? With that unknown noise like scratch sound or whatever. Because I am having bad mic quality in my headset. Help, please. Thank you

xodjbgxo, Jun 6, 2020
  4. Riel Alc Win User

I have constantly bad microphone quality on my pc with both of my microphones. Any fixes?

Microphone issues

Hi Michael,

Here are the possible reasons why you're getting an error "The microphone did not pick anything up" when using it:

• Incorrect settings (microphone is not set as default device)
    • Corrupted or outdated driver
    • Faulty device

For us to isolate the issue, we'd like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made to your computer prior to this issue(e.g. Windows updates)?
    • Have you tried connecting other microphone to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the microphone to the other computer?

In the meantime, we suggest running the Recording Audio Troubleshooter to find and repair problems with recording sound. We also suggest checking if your microphone is set as your default recording device. For troubleshooting steps, please see
    Geethu B's on this
    link.

We're looking forward to your reply.

Riel Alc, Jun 6, 2020
Thema:

I have constantly bad microphone quality on my pc with both of my microphones. Any fixes?

1. I have constantly bad microphone quality on my pc with both of my microphones. Any fixes? - Similar Threads - constantly bad microphone

2. I don't have microphone boost on my USB microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I don't have microphone boost on my USB microphone: I use a SteelPlay USB microphone and i want to change my microphone sensitivity but i can't find the microphone boost like in my older microphone wich was not USB but 3.5mm jack output.Can someone please help me ?...
  3. Bad Microphone Quality after turning on Audio Enhancements

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bad Microphone Quality after turning on Audio Enhancements: Hello, I've been experiencing some issue ever since.So basically, as soon as I turn on Audio Enhancements for my Microphone the quality becomes very low and bad, and it sounds like Low Quality and Noise suppressed at the same time.I know that the solution to this problem is...
  4. Bad Microphone Quality after turning on Audio Enhancements

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bad Microphone Quality after turning on Audio Enhancements: Hello, I've been experiencing some issue ever since.So basically, as soon as I turn on Audio Enhancements for my Microphone the quality becomes very low and bad, and it sounds like Low Quality and Noise suppressed at the same time.I know that the solution to this problem is...
  5. Cannot change my microphone quality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot change my microphone quality: I have a professional microphone and ever since i bought my new computer I cannot change the quality in the advanced microphone settings. It used to be at studio quality but now only dvd and cd show. It is very frustrating...
  6. Cannot change my microphone quality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot change my microphone quality: I have a professional microphone and ever since i bought my new computer I cannot change the quality in the advanced microphone settings. It used to be at studio quality but now only dvd and cd show. It is very frustrating...
  7. Cannot change my microphone quality

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Bad microphone quality after windows reinstall

Bad microphone quality after windows reinstall: I had a decent external microphone that I could connect either via usb or 3.5mm jack with decent quality until I did a repair install. Now the quality is pretty bad. How do I fix that?...
  9. My microphone headset & laptop microphone are both being blocked?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    My microphone headset & laptop microphone are both being blocked?: I have been trying to fix both problems in the privacy settings for the microphone to do recordings on the game tab capture system on here, but it kept saying that it's being blocked please get back to me if you find a better solution or fixing the stupid error which my mic...
  10. Bad microphone quality

Bad microphone quality: Hello, I've just updated to the latest version of windows (1903) and now my microphone is sounding really bad. It was crystal clear before I updated and I don't know what I can do to fix this. Help would be appreciated....